Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, September 30th
VickiR wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:41 am
Overcast again today.  It rained all night long.  Dry this morning so we washed the 2nd car.  Best to do when the sun isn't on it.  Hitting the shower and then finishing up a LO before the end of the day.

Oh my gosh I’m a fruitcake today.  Read this and immediately started humming “Old Susannah”   Rained all night the day I left.  The weather it was dry . . . . LOL 

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Dang October tomorrow and we’re still in summers grip here. 94 today, 101 tomorrow and Wednesday, and 98 Thursday and Friday.   Sad really cause every weekend from now through Thanksgiving there are fall festivals. 

nothing going on today but grocery store and the continuing fight to eradicate the ants from my kitchen.  Very few ants all summer and was congratulating myself.  NO ants when I got up either.  Then I went out to the kitchen to fix lunch yesterday and hundreds of ants 🐜 ick!  So I berated myself for leaving a few rinsed but dirty dishes in my sink and proceeded to clean, scrub, curse profoundly and mutter. Phew all dead and cleaned up.   Later on I went out to kitchen to see about supper and oh my gosh, ants everywhere again. Doubled down on cleaning and scrubbing etc.  I’m sure a few Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble etc curses again came from my mouth. 
went to bed with an immaculate shiny clean kitchen including a freshly mopped floor and yup again this morning, ants!   Not as many but still there!  Sigh. I guess it’s the weather but dang!

oh well. Have a good Monday 

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:28 pm
Dang October tomorrow and we’re still in summers grip here. 94 today, 101 tomorrow and Wednesday, and 98 Thursday and Friday.   Sad really cause every weekend from now through Thanksgiving there are fall festivals. 

nothing going on today but grocery store and the continuing fight to eradicate the ants from my kitchen.  Very few ants all summer and was congratulating myself.  NO ants when I got up either.  Then I went out to the kitchen to fix lunch yesterday and hundreds of ants 🐜 ick!  So I berated myself for leaving a few rinsed but dirty dishes in my sink and proceeded to clean, scrub, curse profoundly and mutter. Phew all dead and cleaned up.   Later on I went out to kitchen to see about supper and oh my gosh, ants everywhere again. Doubled down on cleaning and scrubbing etc.  I’m sure a few Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble etc curses again came from my mouth. 
went to bed with an immaculate shiny clean kitchen including a freshly mopped floor and yup again this morning, ants!   Not as many but still there!  Sigh. I guess it’s the weather but dang!

Charleneanne, Laura (Art_Teacher) gave me the perfect solution for ants when I had them a while back, and it works wonderfully. It's called Terro Liquid Ant Baits. It gets rid of them because they go in the little container and eat the bait and then bring it back to the colony, where it eradicates them. I've used them on more than one occasion and they always work. I've gotten them at Target. It might be just the thing you need to get rid of them once and for all.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

disneydarling wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:46 am
Good morning

Is it Friday yet??  I started feeling yucky yesterday.  I'm all stuffed up and my throat hurts a bit.  I still managed to get on the treadmill yesterday and I fully intend to today.  I lost 1 pound this week!  Back on track!  I think the treadmill is really helping keep my mind on this challenge.

I have to pick my daughter up from the airport tonight and then race my son to physical therapy.  I was planning on breakfast for dinner, but I'm not sure how much time I will have when I get home.  It will most likely end up being leftovers from last night or YOYO (you're on your own).  

I have a feeling this is going to be a long boring week at work.  Even though today is the last day of the month, there isn't much to do this time around.  

I finished all the September challenges and about half of the prompt challenges.  I'm looking forward to the October challenges - I just hope they don't all revolve around Halloween.  I don't have much to work with and I really want to finish up NOLA.

Have a great day!

You've given me incentive to get on my Slim Cycle. Third day in a row now! Woo hoo! Lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

pawprints wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:36 pm
disneydarling wrote:
Good morning

Is it Friday yet??  I started feeling yucky yesterday.  I'm all stuffed up and my throat hurts a bit.  I still managed to get on the treadmill yesterday and I fully intend to today.  I lost 1 pound this week!  Back on track!  I think the treadmill is really helping keep my mind on this challenge.

I have to pick my daughter up from the airport tonight and then race my son to physical therapy.  I was planning on breakfast for dinner, but I'm not sure how much time I will have when I get home.  It will most likely end up being leftovers from last night or YOYO (you're on your own).  

I have a feeling this is going to be a long boring week at work.  Even though today is the last day of the month, there isn't much to do this time around.  

I finished all the September challenges and about half of the prompt challenges.  I'm looking forward to the October challenges - I just hope they don't all revolve around Halloween.  I don't have much to work with and I really want to finish up NOLA.

Have a great day!

You've given me incentive to get on my Slim Cycle. Third day in a row now! Woo hoo! Lol. 

That's awesome!  We need to keep motivating each other!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

disneydarling wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:37 pm
pawprints wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:36 pm
disneydarling wrote:
Good morning

Have a great day!

That's awesome!  We need to keep motivating each other! 

Yes! My biggest issue is that I hate getting all sweaty and then have to take a shower. If I can do it in the morning before I shower I'm more likely to do it. But then I get lazy and don't lol. But so far I am doing it! Three days in a row is great for me lol. No appointments really helps too.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:28 pm

Oh no! Ants in the kitchen are the WORSE!!!!

We had that issue a few years ago and like you....clean and clean and clean. DH had this bright idea to remove the appliances and yep! There were crumbs UNDER the microwave and that's where they were chilling and coming back out again.

Hope you got rid of them!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Got my 3 layouts uploaded

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators