A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Re: Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:56 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:15 am
Hey Cherries. I was a total laze yesterday and never went for my glasses. I've already been there and back today and the lab did make a mistake and didn't do the transition so they are ordering me new lenses and will let me know when they come in. I am still trying to get my desire to scrap back and yesterday I did play around on my screen with a challenge so I hope to get myself to work on that today.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, concerns, good wishes, hugs, and prayers regarding my mom. She is doing so well right now and at 93 she is forgoing getting any treatment. She feels good now and wants to stay that way as long as possible. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Have a great day Cherries.

Barb, I know exactly how you’re feeling right now. My mom was 84 and had been sick for awhile. She had a rare kind of cancer that doesn’t show up on any tests. The only found it when they operated on her and snipped something which was supposed to cause a reaction. That didn’t happen so they started trying to figure out why and she was full of stage 4. We had 4 months with her after that. We spent a lot of time with her until the very end. It’s been 11 years in October and I still miss her a lot! But she’s not suffering anymore and dad followed her a few months later. Your mom is relatively healthy now so hopefully you’ll have a lot more time with her. I know you’re cherishing that time with her. I’m praying for you both and sending lots of {{{HUGS}}} too! 
So many ((hugs)) Ginni. That must have been devastating. Thank you.

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 500

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:41 pm
Hmmm looks so fallish and cool out my open kitchen door. Ckoudy skies and strong breeze. Only 76 today.

Lots to do today. Pick up paint cause the painter will b here at 8 am tomorrow morning. Ugh. Run up to the little town next to ours and pick up some fancy candy as a bday gift for friends party this weekend. And call my Opthamologists office and tell the head guy either transfer me back to being his patient or I’m looking for a new dr. The quack idiot they transferred me to sucks, gets on my nerves, talks down to me like one would talk to a child (I’m twice her age), makes stupid off the wall rash statements about my vision, etc. I have seen her 3x this year already and she has me scheduled again the day before I leave for Florida in October. I normally go in twice a year. I want to slap her and then give her a rubber band so she can get all that wild hair gathered up and away from my eyes when doing the exam. OK rant over. lol

Have a friendly Friday

Charleneanne, I hate doctors like that! If you don’t like people why did you choose to be the kind that has to deal with them every day??!! I hope you can get your other doctor back soon!!! At least your weather has cooled off some. And roof painting should be done in a day or two! Then it’s finally over!!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:00 pm
We were up and out early to take our SUV for oil change, tire rotation and new wiper blades.  DH used our GM points for the service and it covered almost all of the service charge.  The wiper blades....the front 2 were $30 each and the back one was $35.  Are you kidding?  $95 for 3 wiper blades.  No, they are not lined with gold and they better do a good job when they're needed!  LOL!  Did some yard work when we got home and then I watched Rachel and Jess's You Tube Live.  So fun and it got me thinking....

Vicki, it’s ridiculous how much things cost nowadays!!! And the more expensive your vehicle the more they charge you!!! It’s like “Oh you have enough to afford this? We’re going to charge you more for everything!”

I’m looking forward to getting the Cherry Box! I saw the video they posted the other day. Looks like a lot of fun!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:06 pm
GinniG wrote:
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:15 am
Hey Cherries. I was a total laze yesterday and never went for my glasses. I've already been there and back today and the lab did make a mistake and didn't do the transition so they are ordering me new lenses and will let me know when they come in. I am still trying to get my desire to scrap back and yesterday I did play around on my screen with a challenge so I hope to get myself to work on that today.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, concerns, good wishes, hugs, and prayers regarding my mom. She is doing so well right now and at 93 she is forgoing getting any treatment. She feels good now and wants to stay that way as long as possible. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Have a great day Cherries.

Barb, I know exactly how you’re feeling right now. My mom was 84 and had been sick for awhile. She had a rare kind of cancer that doesn’t show up on any tests. The only found it when they operated on her and snipped something which was supposed to cause a reaction. That didn’t happen so they started trying to figure out why and she was full of stage 4. We had 4 months with her after that. We spent a lot of time with her until the very end. It’s been 11 years in October and I still miss her a lot! But she’s not suffering anymore and dad followed her a few months later. Your mom is relatively healthy now so hopefully you’ll have a lot more time with her. I know you’re cherishing that time with her. I’m praying for you both and sending lots of {{{HUGS}}} too! 

It was the hardest thing in my whole life. But I know that she went peacefully and I will never regret spending those last few weeks with her. We lived in Florida at the time and they lived in northern Virginia. I spent the last 6 weeks with her at night. Daddy wouldn’t let her sleep because he was afraid she wouldn’t wake up. And she didn’t want to be alone. So my brothers, my sister in law and I took shifts. I got the nights which gave us a lot of quality time together. I treasure that time.
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!!!

Steve and I are celebrating our 34th anniversary today! We’re being quite lazy and are going out to dinner at the nicest restaurant on the island tonight. It should be really nice.

I’ve got a layout almost finished. I was so tired last night I couldn’t even finish it! Lol!

I was dog and kitten sitting yesterday and came home for about 10 minutes so Steve could have the car to go to town for me. We were just leaving when we saw a buck! He was a really nice one which will give us lots of good meals! The timing was perfect! What a blessing!!!

Our fridge freezers are full so if we get any more fish or another buck we’ll have to start up the big chest freezer! That would be really nice!!!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3752

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:28 pm
Hi Cherries!!!

Steve and I are celebrating our 34th anniversary today! We’re being quite lazy and are going out to dinner at the nicest restaurant on the island tonight. It should be really nice.

I’ve got a layout almost finished. I was so tired last night I couldn’t even finish it! Lol!

I was dog and kitten sitting yesterday and came home for about 10 minutes so Steve could have the car to go to town for me. We were just leaving when we saw a buck! He was a really nice one which will give us lots of good meals! The timing was perfect! What a blessing!!!

Our fridge freezers are full so if we get any more fish or another buck we’ll have to start up the big chest freezer! That would be really nice!!!
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy y'all's dinner!

WTG on getting that buck! My bio dad and his brothers hunt and they go at the beginning of December. My bio dad's goal is to get 3 of them. They process it themselves, then freeze. It's great instead of hamburger meat. So lean and never recalled! He usually gives DH and I about 10 lbs each year. I'm very thankful for it!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:28 pm
Hi Cherries!!!

Happy Anniversary! A lazy day together sounds great! Enjoy your dinner!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:20 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:06 pm
GinniG wrote:

It was the hardest thing in my whole life. But I know that she went peacefully and I will never regret spending those last few weeks with her. We lived in Florida at the time and they lived in northern Virginia. I spent the last 6 weeks with her at night. Daddy wouldn’t let her sleep because he was afraid she wouldn’t wake up. And she didn’t want to be alone. So my brothers, my sister in law and I took shifts. I got the nights which gave us a lot of quality time together. I treasure that time. 
So many ((hugs)) Ginni.

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2388

Post by Art_Teacher »

Whew! Made it through my 4 days of teacher training/work. Kids come on Monday, and we are already doing a 2-hour early release, because it is supposed to be 92 degrees!  lol  This week's weather has been terrific, though. :)
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”