We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Re: september team challenge-something different *CLOSED*
I’m loving this list!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:13 pm
I’m loving this list!

Me, too!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: september team challenge-something different
stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:10 am
MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am
I love circles!

anything circular?  just paper? 

I am thinking anything circular= paper, decorative brads, chipboard, enamel dots, brads, ephemera!!!  Leave it wide open.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Re: september team challenge-something different
MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:07 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:10 am
MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am
I love circles!

anything circular?  just paper?  

I am thinking anything circular= paper, decorative brads, chipboard, enamel dots, brads, ephemera!!!  Leave it wide open. 
perfect!  thank you  😊

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

Trek

Cherry Berry

Stacy, how you see number 1 and number 8 at the same LO?
  1. pre-made title--any title element not made from alphas 8. Thickers
Trying to figure it out:)
Katerina

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Trek wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:15 pm

thickers nowdays, especially like the vicki boutin ones, are often more phrases and shapes rather than alphas.  i believe that was the thought behind that choice.

does that help?
*Stacy*  

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

Haven't quite figured out how to use the Nuvo drops yet... I think I used it once to smudge and make streaks, but aren't you supposed to make enamel dot like droplets with them?  How quickly do they dry?  I see a mess coming... :p
Image Image Image Image

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

hsblair wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Haven't quite figured out how to use the Nuvo drops yet... I think I used it once to smudge and make streaks, but aren't you supposed to make enamel dot like droplets with them?  How quickly do they dry?  I see a mess coming... :p

they take a fair amount of time to dry for me and i'm in the desert where it's dry so...i most likely won't be making many pages with them since i scrap almost exclusively away from home and don't want to transport wet pages. 

you can make dots yes but you can also use them through a stencil like texture paste or like you mentioned, just smear it on your background similar to paint for a cool effect.  i'm sure there's many other ways to use them too!  perhaps the website/pinterest could give you more ideas.
*Stacy*  

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

What's a swooooooooopy banner? like the kind hanging off string or doodled string? Or the kind that looks wavy?
Image  or  Image
Image  ImageImageImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Lisn2cats wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:48 pm
What's a swooooooooopy banner? like the kind hanging off string or doodled string? Or the kind that looks wavy?
Image  or  Image

like your first photo
*Stacy*  

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

OH NO! I have to actually use my 49 and Market products?!?! I've been so good at collecting and watching them (secretly hoping they multiply during the night like my washi tape).

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:50 pm
Lisn2cats wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:48 pm
Image  or  Image

like your first photo 

ohhh that kind of swoopy. Great list - I need to find my embossing folders. I have a zillion that never see the light of day!

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Yo, Cap . . . is a banner made from punched stars and assembled with twine considered double dipping?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Trek

Cherry Berry

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:04 pm
Trek wrote:

thickers nowdays, especially like the vicki boutin ones, are often more phrases and shapes rather than alphas.  i believe that was the thought behind that choice.

does that help?

Is there any difference between this shapes and chipboard embellishments? Can we use them?
Katerina

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Trek wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:17 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:04 pm
Trek wrote:

does that help? 

Is there any difference between this shapes and chipboard embellishments? Can we use them? 

better to ask the person who chose that item.  i believe it was Ann/beachlover
*Stacy*  

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Is this the final list? I need to start packing for the long weekend :) 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

hsblair wrote:

I absolutely Love Nuvo drops!!! There are some videos on YouTube on how to use them. You can use a straight pin and once you put the drop down you can use the pin to pull the bottom down and make a rain drop or teardrop.? If you’re a Disney fan you can make Mickey ears by putting 2 small and one large dot together. They can be used as watercolors too along with how you mentioned using them.

As for drying time I usually let them sit overnight. They’re the last thing I add to a layout. Since you mostly scrap away from home you could put the Nuvo drops on when you get home. I believe Tonic says they’re dry in a few hours. Except the stone and vintage drops. They take longer.

I hope this helps you!!! If I can answer any more questions let me know!

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Breauxlabs wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:21 pm
Is this the final list? I need to start packing for the long weekend :) 

yes, unless the people who chose the items decide to change their mind at the last minute, this will be the list
*Stacy*  

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Great list. Can’t wait to use my Cuttlebug sitting collecting dust lol.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

GinniG wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:55 pm
hsblair wrote:

I absolutely Love Nuvo drops!!! There are some videos on YouTube on how to use them. You can use a straight pin and once you put the drop down you can use the pin to pull the bottom down and make a rain drop or teardrop.? If you’re a Disney fan you can make Mickey ears by putting 2 small and one large dot together. They can be used as watercolors too along with how you mentioned using them.

As for drying time I usually let them sit overnight. They’re the last thing I add to a layout. Since you mostly scrap away from home you could put the Nuvo drops on when you get home. I believe Tonic says they’re dry in a few hours. Except the stone and vintage drops. They take longer.

I hope this helps you!!! If I can answer any more questions let me know!  
I've started pre-making my drops because I always, without fail, manage to get my hair, elbow or cat on them even when I put the LOs on a shelf (go figure). Just make a bunch of drops on wax or parchment paper (on a cookie sheet or plate) and pop in the oven overnight. Remember to NOT preheat the oven before taking the sheet/plat out. Ask me how I know.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee