Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: Flasher's August Team Thread
MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:55 pm
Happy to be on your team and get back to scrapping after my. Sister leaves next week.

Glad you're here!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Nana01 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:14 pm
I’m in, just let me know if I screw up. The team stuff is confusing but Laura the art teacher helped me.

Yay!  Welcome to our team!  I'm sure all will be fine, but if you need help or have any questions, just send a PM!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Nana01 wrote:
I’m in, just let me know if I screw up. The team stuff is confusing but Laura the art teacher helped me.
Glad you are on our team! :)  Basically, just scrap any challenge, post your layouts to the Sharing Thread, and tally your points based on the list.  The main hint I learned last month is that you get a point for each challenge the layout fulfills, including the 100 papers challenge (all you have to do to enter that one is keep a count of how many papers you use that month) and the Bi-Monthly challenge (still counts, even if you don't finish the list!).  :)  Plus, you only have to have one of any item on the supply list to count a point for that, too!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:25 pm
Nana01 wrote:
Glad you are on our team! :)  Basically, just scrap any challenge, post your layouts to the Sharing Thread, and tally your points based on the list.  The main hint I learned last month is that you get a point for each challenge the layout fulfills, including the 100 papers challenge (all you have to do to enter that one is keep a count of how many papers you use that month) and the Bi-Monthly challenge (still counts, even if you don't finish the list!).  :)  Plus, you only have to have one of any item on the supply list to count a point for that, too!

Awesome!! Thanks so much.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

Is it ok if I keep tracking of my challenges and points on this thread??  It worked well for me last month.  Or should I create a separate thread?  I know not everyone is tracking that way.  

Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

Flasher

Cherry Crush

wazzu94 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:38 pm
Is it ok if I keep tracking of my challenges and points on this thread??  It worked well for me last month.  Or should I create a separate thread?  I know not everyone is tracking that way.  

I'm fine with however you want to keep track.  Just make sure you also post your projects on the Team Sharing Thread.

😁

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I just spent some time making folders of my digi items for the supply list this month.  That should save me some time when I'm scrapping. :)  I did post a question in the sharing/chat thread, though.  

Do alpha tiles have to be square, because I have some digi and actual alphas that are round with the alpha printed on them?  Just wondering!  Also, how new is considered new?  Do you have a cutoff in mind, or is it up to the scrapper, because I have some items that are 20 years old. LOL  I have also bought a lot of things this year, so...
Laura
 Image    Image         

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Hello, Team!

Just a friendly reminder . . . only projects/creations LINKED to CHALLENGES will count for points in the Team Challenge.  Regular scrappy/creative projects do not count in this challenge.

If you have any questions, let me know!

😃

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

Laura wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:26 am
wazzu94 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:38 pm

I'm fine with however you want to keep track.  Just make sure you also post your projects on the Team Sharing Thread.

😁 
Thanks Captain!  I put it in the Team sharing link you provided!  Many thanks!!  Also loved your bookmark!!  That ribbon is amazing!

Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Happy Monday teammates !  How is everyone doing?  No matter what you've completed or what you have planned for this week, I hope you are having FUN, getting creative, and maybe using up some long, lost scrappy supplies!  That's the main goal! 

Not that getting the winning badge would be a bad thing.  😆

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Good Morning!

I think I did OK over the weekend.  I don't have a lot of photos to scrap.

Has anyone ever thought, I have had this item in my stash for years.  I'm just going to get it out and use it, and then of course a week later it's like I found a  better project to use it on?  For me it never fails.
​​​​​
I've been searching for a photo I took years ago in Las Vegas for the Movie Title challenge.  It's probably save to an external disc, and I no longer have a disc reader.  Boo!

OK, off to do things.

:) Kelly 

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

I've been having a blast! And feeling quite accomplished at using up bits and pieces...though I think some of my supplies are multiplying like bunnies while I sleep. I coud have sworn I was down to 2 or 3 I Love Summer enamel dots and this morning I saw 6 still on the sheet! Same with that darn G45 Life's A Journey collection. How I have a brand new 8x8 pad in my bin, I just don't know. I wasn't that in love with the collection to begin with! Darn work is getting in the way of my playtime until Friday  😪
Image  ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Laura wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:23 am
Happy Monday teammates !  How is everyone doing?  No matter what you've completed or what you have planned for this week, I hope you are having FUN, getting creative, and maybe using up some long, lost scrappy supplies!  That's the main goal! 

Not that getting the winning badge would be a bad thing.  😆

I did a couple layouts this weekend but had a long day yesterday at the Dublin Irish Festival. :)  I just scrapped that layout!  Now, I must get to adulting.  Sigh...
Laura
 Image    Image         

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:01 am
Good Morning!

I think I did OK over the weekend.  I don't have a lot of photos to scrap.

Has anyone ever thought, I have had this item in my stash for years.  I'm just going to get it out and use it, and then of course a week later it's like I found a  better project to use it on?  For me it never fails.
​​​​​
I've been searching for a photo I took years ago in Las Vegas for the Movie Title challenge.  It's probably save to an external disc, and I no longer have a disc reader.  Boo!

OK, off to do things.

i had the same problem with a photo.  i ended up ordering a disc reader from amazon.  it was inexpensive and works great!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I think I had a very successful scrappy weekend. I'm knee deep in trying to get Christmas scrapped and officially finished up 2019 and half of 2020. I also managed to do THREE double page layouts in a row. I NEVER EVER do that so I think that helped me get the push I needed to get those pics scrapped. I'm currently working on trying to kill the PhotoPlay Muttcracker collection. It's a good 7 years old (papers tend to count for "something old" :greenlol: ) and I am seeing a dent...but good golly, how many freakin' papers did I BUY?! Does anybody else feel like papers tend to multiply when you're sleeping? 😂 😂  Or is it just me? LOL. And these prints aren't subtle either.  I'm not a big fan of bold prints but wow. Something caused me to BUY. 😜
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am having fun and scrapping more than I did in June and July. My photos should be arriving today. I ordered 80 pics and I am working with all my new recent ACOT orders that came in.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

Trek

Cherry Berry

So far I finished 5. Hope to scrap tomorrow.
Katerina

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I had a  GREAT start!  Did 20 lo's at the crop.  Just need to look them over, a few need journaling, title or a few more additional embellishments.  Then I can upload them!  That is tomorrow's game plan.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

everyone, please check out this thread.  thank you!  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Well, I have another layout finished, but I can't upload anything. :(  I will keep scrapping this weekend as much as I can.  Next week, is my last week before school starts, and I have tons of things to do!
Laura
 Image    Image         

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee