We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 6th
trainmom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:43 am
VickiR wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:33 am
3-H here today...hazy, hot and humid.  We have a heat advisory for the day and don't plan to venture outside.   It's already 88 with a real feel of 98.  Ugh!  Not my kind of weather.  I am in my scrap space for the entire day! 
Same here, I walked to a store very early and it really felt like humid, humid, and humid. 

Like a sauna!

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:44 am
VickiR wrote:
3-H here today...hazy, hot and humid.  We have a heat advisory for the day and don't plan to venture outside.   It's already 88 with a real feel of 98.  Ugh!  Not my kind of weather.  I am in my scrap space for the entire day! 

Awww Vicki, I'm sorry! I hate heat advisory days! I haven't even checked the weather for here today, but it wouldn't surprise me to get a heat advisory, here, too! I hope you get to play all day in your scrappy space! ☺️ 
Yep, no better place to be today.

ImageImage

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:07 am
Here is my first layout today (I started it yesterday evening).  Maybe someday I will get faster at these in PSE.  lol  Was super stoked to find these little photos of my DH as a toddler!

Is that Vicki Boutin digi goodies? Awesome layout and sweet photos.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

VickiR wrote:

Not my kind of weather either.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:42 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I'm having coffee and trying to wake up. Lol I swear I was wide awake for a few minutes! 😂
I'm resting my foot by staying off of it, but I'm annoyed to do that! 😂 It is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm having a great time with the challenges! Of course, I always do! ☺️ Not much else going on today.
Stay blessed, Cherries! ☺️

I hope your foot feels better soon.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

trainmom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:48 am
Very humid and heat advisory today. I’m home alone, Zach went off on another adventure which is good, and my husband went off to a business meeting at ohare airport for the weekend. I’m not sure what sort of person schedules a weekend meeting on a holiday weekend but we were way most weekends in June so I’m happy to be home. I feel bad for other people at the meeting whose families have plans. Anyway, in honor of my being home alone im having a bunch of female friends over tonight for wine and snacks, so my day will be spent cleaning and organizing. And figuring out what Im going to serve, other than wine which I’ve already figured out. 

I’ll probably work out in my basement and only brave the outdoors if I have to get more food, which I probably do. 

have a great day everyone!

Wine and snacks sound delightful. I can’t believe your DH has a meeting out of town during a holiday weekend.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:05 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
Here is my first layout today (I started it yesterday evening).  Maybe someday I will get faster at these in PSE.  lol  Was super stoked to find these little photos of my DH as a toddler!

Is that Vicki Boutin digi goodies? Awesome layout and sweet photos. 
Yes!  Stacy is such an enabler! lol

Laura
 Image    Image         

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

VickiR wrote:

We aren't even using the pool! It's so warm it's not refreshing. I can't remember a year not taking the chill off the water with the heater, but it hasn't gone at all this year. And it's like bath water. And my sister went out one afternoon and had the heat get to her, she looked terrible in our pool room where we usually relax until we are dry. And rain? We had a downpour on the 4 the for about a half hour, but nothing before or since.

I plan on scrapping too. I finished MMC #3 last night so I'm moving on to challenges.

My gardening is going to be trimming the one rose bush that's taken off for the roof of the house! So after that, I am done.

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

sherelm wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:13 pm
VickiR wrote:

We aren't even using the pool! It's so warm it's not refreshing. I can't remember a year not taking the chill off the water with the heater, but it hasn't gone at all this year. And it's like bath water. And my sister went out one afternoon and had the heat get to her, she looked terrible in our pool room where we usually relax until we are dry. And rain? We had a downpour on the 4 the for about a half hour, but nothing before or since.

I plan on scrapping too. I finished MMC #3 last night so I'm moving on to challenges.

My gardening is going to be trimming the one rose bush that's taken off for the roof of the house! So after that, I am done. 
It's too warm when the pool is not refreshing!

ImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Ugh hot here still too. Predicted to b 112! I have noticed if I go anywhere or do anything at all out of doors no matter how brief, I set down on the sofa and fall asleep for an hour or two after. Drugstore and quick trip to grocery yesterday and came home—poof I’m asleep!!

So Indoors today it is. lol. A bit of tidying and card making. Boys will b here tonight for supper. But no cooking. Got steak rolls, deli lunch meat/cheese for sandwiches. Also veggies for dipping and a big bottle of ranch dressing. Makes me think of the song “Summertime”. Summertime and the livin’ is easy. . . Etc. lol

Stay cool. Be creative. Enjoy Saturday!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:

SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

trainmom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:43 am
VickiR wrote:
Same here, I walked to a store very early and it really felt like humid, humid, and humid. 

We call that "air you can wear"

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

trainmom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:48 am
Very humid and heat advisory today. I’m home alone, Zach went off on another adventure which is good, and my husband went off to a business meeting at ohare airport for the weekend. I’m not sure what sort of person schedules a weekend meeting on a holiday weekend but we were way most weekends in June so I’m happy to be home. I feel bad for other people at the meeting whose families have plans. Anyway, in honor of my being home alone im having a bunch of female friends over tonight for wine and snacks, so my day will be spent cleaning and organizing. And figuring out what Im going to serve, other than wine which I’ve already figured out. 

I’ll probably work out in my basement and only brave the outdoors if I have to get more food, which I probably do. 

have a great day everyone!

Wine and snacks sound good! Enjoy your free time, me time and later on your girl time!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Hi cherries. Got alot of stuff done yesterday but never got a chance to cycle the storm shutters through. Worked out because DH was able to help me and 3 got stuck and he had to fix them. So we're good there.

We are now going to be on the clean side of Beryl, so only looking at a couple of inches of rain and 50 mph winds. And that's if she keeps going towards the Central Texas Coast. If she moves further north/east, we will get even less. Which is fine by me.

I got MMC #2 done yesterday.

And this morning, got MMC #3 done

Now that Beryl is a lesser threat to me and South Texas, I can scrap more. :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:

What great photos to find!! I love the layout!

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

sherelm wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:13 pm
VickiR wrote:

Two weeks ago, when it was in the mid-90's every single day here, our lake was reading 90 degrees on the water surface!  Definitely not that refreshing. lol  Usually, the lake runs around 82 - 84 degrees in mid-July, so it was strange, for sure!  It has gone back down with all the rain we had and the fact that the highs have only been high 80's.

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:20 pm
Hi cherries. Got alot of stuff done yesterday but never got a chance to cycle the storm shutters through. Worked out because DH was able to help me and 3 got stuck and he had to fix them. So we're good there.

We are now going to be on the clean side of Beryl, so only looking at a couple of inches of rain and 50 mph winds. And that's if she keeps going towards the Central Texas Coast. If she moves further north/east, we will get even less. Which is fine by me.

Glad you are getting a reprieve from Beryl!  Your layouts are terrific!  I especially love the one of your girls!  The background stamp/stencil with the hearts and paws is adorable!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:52 pm
Ugh hot here still too. Predicted to b 112! I have noticed if I go anywhere or do anything at all out of doors no matter how brief, I set down on the sofa and fall asleep for an hour or two after. Drugstore and quick trip to grocery yesterday and came home—poof I’m asleep!!

So Indoors today it is. lol. A bit of tidying and card making. Boys will b here tonight for supper. But no cooking. Got steak rolls, deli lunch meat/cheese for sandwiches. Also veggies for dipping and a big bottle of ranch dressing. Makes me think of the song “Summertime”. Summertime and the livin’ is easy. . . Etc. lol

Stay cool. Be creative. Enjoy Saturday!
112 is way too hot!  I don't blame you for wanting to nap. I love that song!

Laura
 Image    Image         

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

VickiR wrote:

Ugh yuck! Here too. We are at 85 with a feels like of 92. Our dew point is 75, which makes it a good stay inside in the a/c day.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:20 pm

Yay for Beryl moving! Both great layouts!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee