We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 am
Morning cherries. Today was supposed to be a very good and exciting day. Contractors here to wrap things up and then Final City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. No big deal. Finally. However......at 8 am, I spy a city inspector vehicle. Dude gets out and I'm hoping they run him off. He has no problems with the work our contractors have done, but has an issue with our 2 pre-existing walls and storm shutters. WTF? WHY? Safety Concern. In case of fire and we can't get garage door open, we're trapped. Uh..no we're not. They have put in a door and a window. He called his supervisor and apparently the supervisor will show up with the inspector. :greenmad:  The dude is brand new. Like this is his first inspection. WTFF. Who in their sane mind would send out a virgin inspector to do a FINAL INSPECTION? He didn't even read the plans. He didn't look at any information. Just saw that OUR HOUSE was scheduled for an inspection and that is it. Being unprepared really pisses me off. :greenmad:

The dumb@$$ took pictures...pictures of 2 walls, the storm shutters and windows...including the side of the house as well as front. WTF does the front of the house (or side for that matter) have to deal with...ENCLOSING a carport. Need me to say that again, but LOUDER. OMG....that too...is a concern. The front entrance is a concern..WHY? our gate is metal...what happens in case of fire. Seriously.....I'm done. I wanted to so badly go out there and punch him in the throat..but I knew to let the contractors talk to him....but still...

Oh..and y'all are going to love this. The screen for the window. It finally came in..and get this...yay! It DOES NOT F'ING fit. ARE you kidding me! WOW.....

So yeah....DH is telling me to calm down...the contractors keep telling me it will be okay. They deal with this all the time...if they need to fight the city on something, they will. *Breathe, Brandy, Breathe* *Inhale, Exhale*

I'm getting emails...so I better deal with those....

OMG Brandy!!! Your DH is right. Let the contractors handle it. But I’d be furious too! What idiocy! And honestly how hard is it to look at a label and send the right screen?! {{{HUGS}}} it’s almost over!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am
Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy. Brandy, so sorry for all the mess going on. 

Just an update on me. I've been having grandpuppies and grandkids for the last 3 weeks so I have gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping to get my list of challenges made up today and get started. We do have grandpuppy Ridge today (Kaylee's puppy). He only seems to want me, but DH is trying to keep him occupied. 

Medical Update.....DH just passed another of his prostate blood tests. He's good for another 3 months and then it goes to 6 months. 

I had to wait an additional month before I had another CT-Scan to be sure the radiation wouldn't mess it up. I had a CT-Scan and blood work June 17th, saw the Radiation Oncologist on the 27th and my Oncologist today the 2nd. Dr. Keyser was more than pleased with my radiation results of my left lung. Said it doesn't usually work that quickly in 3 months, but it can still continue to work for a year. My Oncologist Dr. Cawley called me shortly after receiving the results and said not to worry. Things were looking good. They were pleased with results. I do have 2 minute nodules in the right lung that weren't completely wiped out with the chemo in 2022 and 2023. They would continue to monitor those. I also have a Nurse Practitioner Marcia who I saw today. She usually oversees Chemo treatment, but also see patients. Showed us scans and said they were all in agreement to continue the 2 meds I'm on for another 3 months with a followup CT Scan and Blood work and appointments with both doctors. 

Thanks for listening, everyone! It's great to be able to stay the course for another 3 months.

Oh Deanna! That’s such great news about you and your DH!!! Prayers for continued good news as you go along! And puppies!!! They’re a lot of trouble but they’re so cute!!!! Enjoy!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:38 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 am
Morning cherries. Today was supposed to be a very good and exciting day. Contractors here to wrap things up and then Final City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. No big deal. Finally. However......at 8 am, I spy a city inspector vehicle. Dude gets out and I'm hoping they run him off. He has no problems with the work our contractors have done, but has an issue with our 2 pre-existing walls and storm shutters. WTF? WHY? Safety Concern. In case of fire and we can't get garage door open, we're trapped. Uh..no we're not. They have put in a door and a window. He called his supervisor and apparently the supervisor will show up with the inspector. :greenmad:  The dude is brand new. Like this is his first inspection. WTFF. Who in their sane mind would send out a virgin inspector to do a FINAL INSPECTION? He didn't even read the plans. He didn't look at any information. Just saw that OUR HOUSE was scheduled for an inspection and that is it. Being unprepared really pisses me off. :greenmad:

The dumb@$$ took pictures...pictures of 2 walls, the storm shutters and windows...including the side of the house as well as front. WTF does the front of the house (or side for that matter) have to deal with...ENCLOSING a carport. Need me to say that again, but LOUDER. OMG....that too...is a concern. The front entrance is a concern..WHY? our gate is metal...what happens in case of fire. Seriously.....I'm done. I wanted to so badly go out there and punch him in the throat..but I knew to let the contractors talk to him....but still...

Oh..and y'all are going to love this. The screen for the window. It finally came in..and get this...yay! It DOES NOT F'ING fit. ARE you kidding me! WOW.....

So yeah....DH is telling me to calm down...the contractors keep telling me it will be okay. They deal with this all the time...if they need to fight the city on something, they will. *Breathe, Brandy, Breathe* *Inhale, Exhale*

I'm getting emails...so I better deal with those....
Maybe you should have set the inspector on fire and see if he could get out!! 

Oh Chris! I literally laughed out loud! Priceless answer!!! Lolol!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:46 am
We had hair appointments this morning. Since I'm no longer having my hair colored, it took much less time. We were going to go straight to my dermatologist appointment but it's not until 12:30. So we came home and DH is taking a nap. After my appointment, we will go to Wegman's. Since we are having left overs for dinner, I hope to start on one of the July Challenges.  

Enjoy your day Chris! Hope your weather isn’t too hot!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

UPDATE:

That dip$hit showed up, and told the contractors, we're good. Passed. No concerns. I'm assuming his supervisor told him all of that. The only thing left is he needs the engineer's final paperwork. Well DUH! That is why the engineer was scheduled for 11am (he's actually here now). Engineer does HIS FINAL inspection, works up the final paperwork. Sends them to contractors to give to the city inspector. SMH

Now we just wait for the window dudes....
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

I’ve been AWOL since Saturday. Not sure why but I didn’t go on Facebook either. It’s hard to believe it’s already July!!!

Steve had his follow up appointment yesterday and he is completely cleared and has no more appointments!!! All of the biopsies are clear and he doesn’t even have to take meds for it anymore!!!! Yipppeeeeeee!!!!! We celebrated by going to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. It was delicious!!!

Things are getting very busy here. This evening one of Steve’s brothers is coming to visit Joe and Robin. This was a long ago planned trip. Then tomorrow we will be meeting my daughter and her crew in Nashville. There was a huge misunderstanding on my part and things were tense and crazy for a day or two but it all worked out. Then the place she was supposed to stay in had a water leak and had to cancel! So we I’ll stay here and drive back and forth. She’d already found another place to stay before I could tell her to come here. It will all work out. We’re only an hour away. Crazy!!!

Today I need to make a quick trip to Walmart. Then I need to do my hair and nails. Need to do laundry too. And make a couple of calls.

Sounds like everybody is busy! Hope you’re all doing well!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:10 pm
UPDATE:

That dip$hit showed up, and told the contractors, we're good. Passed. No concerns. I'm assuming his supervisor told him all of that. The only thing left is he needs the engineer's final paperwork. Well DUH! That is why the engineer was scheduled for 11am (he's actually here now). Engineer does HIS FINAL inspection, works up the final paperwork. Sends them to contractors to give to the city inspector. SMH

Now we just wait for the window dudes....

OMG! Well it sounds like things are finally coming together but what an ordeal!!! Soon you’ll be able to enjoy your new space!!!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

So much going on. lol.

Brandy it has often been rumored that I am an old, um, witch. I was going to offer to cast a hex on that inspector for you so that he would get a nasty rash and incessant itching in his genitals!!!! lol. Luckily for him all is good there more or less. 🧙

99 here by noon and 101 by 1pm. 🥵. Ugh. Guess I’ll clean closets or make cards or something cool today. And tomorrow supposedly 111 for a high. But I saw where one day this week will b 122 in Vegas!

Have a good day and stay chill

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Had PT early this morning and then headed down the interstate to Helena. Waiting to head in for my interview and testing to become a US citizen. Wish me luck!

Then Costco- here we come. Have my list already to go.

When we get home time to pack up and head for the mountains tomorrow. I will be out of communication for a few days and no scrapping for me. It is memory making time!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:20 pm
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

I’ve been AWOL since Saturday. Not sure why but I didn’t go on Facebook either. It’s hard to believe it’s already July!!!

Steve had his follow up appointment yesterday and he is completely cleared and has no more appointments!!! All of the biopsies are clear and he doesn’t even have to take meds for it anymore!!!! Yipppeeeeeee!!!!! We celebrated by going to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. It was delicious!!!

Things are getting very busy here. This evening one of Steve’s brothers is coming to visit Joe and Robin. This was a long ago planned trip. Then tomorrow we will be meeting my daughter and her crew in Nashville. There was a huge misunderstanding on my part and things were tense and crazy for a day or two but it all worked out. Then the place she was supposed to stay in had a water leak and had to cancel! So we I’ll stay here and drive back and forth. She’d already found another place to stay before I could tell her to come here. It will all work out. We’re only an hour away. Crazy!!!

Today I need to make a quick trip to Walmart. Then I need to do my hair and nails. Need to do laundry too. And make a couple of calls.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:12 pm
So much going on. lol.

Brandy it has often been rumored that I am an old, um, witch. I was going to offer to cast a hex on that inspector for you so that he would get a nasty rash and incessant itching in his genitals!!!! lol. Luckily for him all is good there more or less. 🧙

99 here by noon and 101 by 1pm. 🥵. Ugh. Guess I’ll clean closets or make cards or something cool today. And tomorrow supposedly 111 for a high. But I saw where one day this week will b 122 in Vegas!

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂  Oh, and can you make his arms short so he can't scratch?!!!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:08 pm
Had PT early this morning and then headed down the interstate to Helena. Waiting to head in for my interview and testing to become a US citizen. Wish me luck!

When we get home time to pack up and head for the mountains tomorrow. I will be out of communication for a few days and no scrapping for me. It is memory making time!

Good luck!! You got this!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:46 am
We had hair appointments this morning. Since I'm no longer having my hair colored, it took much less time. We were going to go straight to my dermatologist appointment but it's not until 12:30. So we came home and DH is taking a nap. After my appointment, we will go to Wegman's. Since we are having left overs for dinner, I hope to start on one of the July Challenges.  

Hope it goes well at the Derm and hopefully you get some scrappy time in! 😊

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

I love your good news and hope you get a chance to relax! 😊😊😊😊

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:30 pm
Charleneanne wrote:
So much going on. lol.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂  Oh, and can you make his arms short so he can't scratch?!!!

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

UPDATE #2

Window guy showed up. He tried putting in the screen and it doesn't fit. Yeah..we told you..It's too big. You are supposed to verify measurements and then have your poople order the RIGHT SIZE for the THIRD time. But no, he wanted to uninstall the window to make the screen fit. The H*ll you are. OMFG! Me and our contractors were like NOOOOOOOO. You do not do that. Contractor called up our window contact person and explained again. Apparently they are going to check the warehouse and if they can find one that fits, bring it tomorrow. *Hand on Forehead* It's like I need crayons for these people.

Engineer arrived on time and did his JOB correctly. Of course he did. Signed off on everything on his end and gave our contractors the paper work. He then submitted stuff to TDI and the city is wanting TDI to do their thing by 4pm. Uh...ain't gonna happen buddy. TS Alberto made a mess of things last week....and with Beryl headed somewhere's...some Texans are preparing for that, and so is TDI. So yeah...gonna be sometime next week. Sucks that city can't close out the permit until TDI approves everything..but still...I DO understand that completely. Storms and Hurricanes keep TDI busy.

So the pups are happy...FREEDOM.

I'm somewhat happy too....99% of things are done and completed. Our contractors will stay in touch with us with TDI and the darn screen.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
So much going on. lol.

Charleneanne, I wonder if that rookie inspector knows how close he came!!! 🤣🤣🤣 I thought it was hot down here but OMG 111??!!??!! And 122 in Vegas!!! No thanks! I’ll take the rain and snow in southeast Alaska!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:08 pm

Oh Leslee!!! I hope you passed your test!!! What a special time to become a US citizen!!! Independence Day!!!

Have fun making memories in the cool mountains!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:28 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news!

Thanks Brandy! It really is wonderful news!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:58 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

I love your good news and hope you get a chance to relax! 😊😊😊😊

Thanks so much my friend! We’re relaxing right now for a little bit.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee