Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Scrap a Day, June 17th
Good morning. Nice day but the breeze is fixing to switch from cool air out of the delta to the hot dry wind coming down from the mountains after today. And next two weeks temps are expected to range from 90-100! Ick. The wind from the mountains is weird. In summer dries air out and makes it hotter. In winter dries air out and makes it colder! I am pretty sure our north wind is the one that blows Mary Poppins into town. ☂️

Quiet week here. No plans at all. My friend that I do stuff with is ticked off at me, so . . . lol Maybe a day visit to my bestie. She lives in the foothills and it’s usually 2-3 degrees cooler up there. Or just hide from the heat and play at my craft table. Who knows?

Have a manageable Monday

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

☺️Hey Cherries!
I ABSOLUTELY can't believe it's the middle of June already! I've had my AC on since 9:30 this morning! I periodically go check and see if the outside fur babies want to come in. (They have plenty of shade and water, but it is hot!)
We got the momma cat and the kittens yesterday and they are absolutely adorable!! Everyone seems okay with them being here AND giving them their space- except Friend will hiss at the babies when the mom's not around! Lol and Cali and the Mom have had hissy fits BUT no one has raised claws to each other, so that's nice! It's mostly VERY quiet around here- everyone is cat nappin but me! 😂 I'm laying on the couch, reading, but in a little while I'm gonna do some arts and crafts, I'm sure! 😊 Stay blessed, Dear Cherries!!😊

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:27 pm
Good morning. Nice day but the breeze is fixing to switch from cool air out of the delta to the hot dry wind coming down from the mountains after today. And next two weeks temps are expected to range from 90-100! Ick. The wind from the mountains is weird. In summer dries air out and makes it hotter. In winter dries air out and makes it colder! I am pretty sure our north wind is the one that blows Mary Poppins into town. ☂️

Quiet week here. No plans at all. My friend that I do stuff with is ticked off at me, so . . . lol Maybe a day visit to my bestie. She lives in the foothills and it’s usually 2-3 degrees cooler up there. Or just hide from the heat and play at my craft table. Who knows?

Have a manageable Monday

😂 North wind, Mary Poppins 😂
Oh lol I hide from the heat, too! 😂 Maybe your friend will stop being mad when it cools off a little? Lol in my own experiences, the heat makes everyone meaner and madder! 😂 I vote craft table! (Though, it's ALWAYS a good day to visit your bestie! Especially if it's a few degrees cooler! 😂I JUST don't like the heat at all, either! NOT unless I'm by the water, but that's a whole other thing! 😂

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Cleaning lady was here at 7:30, so I was up early and doing laundry, folding clothes, etc.  Didn't help that I didn't sleep well, because of our dear Eliza!  Yesterday, while I was watering my patio and deck flowers, she pushed the gate open and decided to run and visit the neighbors who had family out in their backyard.  Well, she fished a corn cob off their compost pile (fresh, from their lunch, I believe), then ran all the way around the house with it, faster than the wind!  By the time I got to her, she had chomped down 3/4 of it.  😓  I looked online and of course they say corn cobs can cause intestinal blockage in dogs!  Sigh...  Say some prayers for my sassy, little girl.  She had a huge poop this morning, so I am hoping it is passing through her.   😩

Got the MMC's started and made my grocery pickup.  Now, I am staying inside in the A/C!  90 degrees by noon (and humidity) is not a fun thing, and we are only getting hotter this week!  Plus, after two weeks of below normal temps, I am not used to it. lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I had an early morning appt. and boy, I'm glad it was early.  Temp is already close to 90 here and we have an excessive heat warning for the next 9 days also. DH mowed while I was gone and now we're back to our respective cooling stations...crafty space and man cave.
    ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Laura wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:21 am
Good Morning!

I've got NOTHING to do here at home today!  Since we are under an excessive heat warning until Saturday, I decided to clean everything, launder everything, and cook everything yesterday so that I had very little to do this week! Our poor air conditioner is going to work its coils off this week!!

But, I do work a few hours this afternoon.  I recently went back to work (part time) at a local candy store.  I've worked there on and off for many years now.  It's a definite break from life. Yeah, it's a job, but it's chocolate . . . and candy . . . and bright colors . . . and . . . FUN!

Have a great day ALL!
Yikes! So sorry for y'all's excessive heat.

That job sounds like FUN!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:53 am
It’s a rainy, grey day for us. We are headed for a whopping 46* today. Yes, snow at higher elevations. And yes, my furnace has been booming on.

DD got back to Seattle. Sure miss having her around. Need to wash sheets and towels here today. Maybe make a grocery run.

And make a little time for creating.
Glad to hear your DD made it back home
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 am
Busy morning getting ready to go to my niece/goddaughters afternoon tea.  She opted for this instead of the big traditional quinceañera party.  Her mom is Latin, we are not.  She did take the quinceañera pictures and they are gorgeous.  I cannot believe she is 15!! Time goes much too quickly.  So today is pretty much devoted to her.  Hoping to scrap tomorrow after a little more deep cleaning. Have a great day everyone  😊

Very cool that she opted for "afternoon tea". Have fun
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:21 am
Hey Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

We had a very busy but good weekend. Got some good pictures and got to see lots of family- most of whom I’ve never met! They were all so happy to see us!

It’s been super hot. Driving home yesterday it was 97 when we got stuck in accident traffic. The a/c in the car we were driving couldn’t keep up and we were roasting! Today it’s only supposed to be 85. Yay! Lolol!

I’m going to see if Steve is up to a bit of shopping. Want to check out the Hobby Lobby and Michaels here. Need to find a post office too.

Otherwise we’ll be resting. Tomorrow is prep day for the surgery and Wednesday is the surgery! It’s almost here!

Have a wonderful day sweet DCs!!!
Oh my...the a/c in the car should ALWAYS be working properly!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:37 pm
☺️Hey Cherries!
I ABSOLUTELY can't believe it's the middle of June already! I've had my AC on since 9:30 this morning! I periodically go check and see if the outside fur babies want to come in. (They have plenty of shade and water, but it is hot!)
We got the momma cat and the kittens yesterday and they are absolutely adorable!! Everyone seems okay with them being here AND giving them their space- except Friend will hiss at the babies when the mom's not around! Lol and Cali and the Mom have had hissy fits BUT no one has raised claws to each other, so that's nice! It's mostly VERY quiet around here- everyone is cat nappin but me! 😂 I'm laying on the couch, reading, but in a little while I'm gonna do some arts and crafts, I'm sure! 😊 Stay blessed, Dear Cherries!!😊

Awe..glad to hear things are going kind of smoothly with the new fosters. HUGS
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:59 pm
Cleaning lady was here at 7:30, so I was up early and doing laundry, folding clothes, etc.  Didn't help that I didn't sleep well, because of our dear Eliza!  Yesterday, while I was watering my patio and deck flowers, she pushed the gate open and decided to run and visit the neighbors who had family out in their backyard.  Well, she fished a corn cob off their compost pile (fresh, from their lunch, I believe), then ran all the way around the house with it, faster than the wind!  By the time I got to her, she had chomped down 3/4 of it.  😓  I looked online and of course they say corn cobs can cause intestinal blockage in dogs!  Sigh...  Say some prayers for my sassy, little girl.  She had a huge poop this morning, so I am hoping it is passing through her.   😩

Got the MMC's started and made my grocery pickup.  Now, I am staying inside in the A/C!  90 degrees by noon (and humidity) is not a fun thing, and we are only getting hotter this week!  Plus, after two weeks of below normal temps, I am not used to it. lol

OMG Wow! I sure hope Eliza is okay. WOW
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Hola cherries! Didn't realize I haven't been here yet. What.A.Monday.

Contractors and their 2 helpers got here at 8am and they are wanting to finish up the siding on the outside so they can call for an inspection. Perfect timing as starting Wednesday, they won't be able to work anyways. We have a tropical depression making its way towards Northern Mexico, giving us 4 to 7 inches of rain starting all day Wednesday, and continuing thru Thursday and Friday. Looking forward to it as we have been in a moderate drought and on the verge of a severe one. Hoping its steady, so it soaks thru the ground instead of just rapidly falling, creating flash flooding and chaos.

Since the girls were going to have to be stuck inside all morning, I broke out the new puzzle toys I bought them this weekend. It's a cute little carrot garden. Has 12 holes for treats. The carrots (all 12 of them) are plush and squeak too. So more fun time. They seemed to enjoy it.

Had a late start to my day work-wise as my printer was acting up. But after shutting it down twice and rebooting my computer once, all is well.

Got a notice from USPS. They sent me a letter stating that I will need to go to a PO, with the letter, the damaged card and all of the damaged packaging (the bubble wrap, envelope, etc). SMH...dude..it's in Southern California! So I told DH about it and as he was going to talk to his mom about it, lo and behold, she gets the same darn letter. Unfortunetly, she threw away all of the packaging. She just has the card. What pisses me off is she already went down to her PO last Tuesday (just an hour after she took pics and informed us) with the card and all the packaging. So she's going to see about talking to the same person she talked to last week. But if that doesn't suffice, oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:48 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

OMG Wow! I sure hope Eliza is okay. WOW 
Thanks, Brandy...I hope so, too. :(  I don't know what it is about Doodles eating things they aren't supposed to...we had similar issues with Paisley when she was younger. But, Eliza is so stubborn...we have tried so hard to teach her to drop on command, but she just won't!  Sigh...

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Aztam

Cherry Bing

Busy weekend! My son’s birthday is today so we celebrated over the weekend. His fam was here to meet their newest relative, baby Louis! We covered Father’s Day as well with a nice cake and meals together. Some fun in the pool and little bit of play with Oma’s toys. We watched old Disney cartoons which the girls got a kick out of as they had never seen them before. 

My hubby is currently working on digging a stump of our old dead beloved Eucalyptus tree. We’ve decided to plant another tree in its place since our pool needs some shade. We of course, want something that doesn’t shed much and won’t try to drink the pool water. Haha 

We are spending lots of time with Louis, so we will be ready to be his carers when mom and dad go back to work. Looking forward to helping out with the little tyke!

I’ve continued my morning walks and hoping that eventually I can work out the kinks in my right leg. It’s been troublesome ever since the knee replacement over a year ago. Enjoying the pool after the walks is always enjoyable too. I haven’t been in my craft room as much as I’d like, but I have lots of pics to get me motivated again!

I did a layout today, so I’m on my way…
happy scrapping!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:

Lol I can just picture all of that. Definitely has to be the retriever in her lol! Hopefully it passes through ok!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Aztam wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:24 pm
Busy weekend! My son’s birthday is today so we celebrated over the weekend. His fam was here to meet their newest relative, baby Louis! We covered Father’s Day as well with a nice cake and meals together. Some fun in the pool and little bit of play with Oma’s toys. We watched old Disney cartoons which the girls got a kick out of as they had never seen them before. 

My hubby is currently working on digging a stump of our old dead beloved Eucalyptus tree. We’ve decided to plant another tree in its place since our pool needs some shade. We of course, want something that doesn’t shed much and won’t try to drink the pool water. Haha 

We are spending lots of time with Louis, so we will be ready to be his carers when mom and dad go back to work. Looking forward to helping out with the little tyke!

I’ve continued my morning walks and hoping that eventually I can work out the kinks in my right leg. It’s been troublesome ever since the knee replacement over a year ago. Enjoying the pool after the walks is always enjoyable too. I haven’t been in my craft room as much as I’d like, but I have lots of pics to get me motivated again!

I did a layout today, so I’m on my way…
happy scrapping!
Sweet that you got so much family time this past weekend.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Hi Cherries!
It sounds like the hot hot hot weather we had over the weekend has moved on to you guys … it’s still super hot this morning think 74 dew point …. Hit and sticky . This afternoon we have had rain showers cooling a bit so that is good. The only thing saved us bring insufferable is that it’s been cloudy so there is that. Mary poppins needs to move in to another continent to do her work for awhile lol!
Here’s hoping for a better work week. Although I did have a fun scrappy day yesterday! I could use a few more ! 😊😊
Happy monday dcs!!!
Susan

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:05 pm
GinniG wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:21 am
Hey Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

We had a very busy but good weekend. Got some good pictures and got to see lots of family- most of whom I’ve never met! They were all so happy to see us!

It’s been super hot. Driving home yesterday it was 97 when we got stuck in accident traffic. The a/c in the car we were driving couldn’t keep up and we were roasting! Today it’s only supposed to be 85. Yay! Lolol!

I’m going to see if Steve is up to a bit of shopping. Want to check out the Hobby Lobby and Michaels here. Need to find a post office too.

Otherwise we’ll be resting. Tomorrow is prep day for the surgery and Wednesday is the surgery! It’s almost here!

Have a wonderful day sweet DCs!!!

I'm so glad you are getting lots of family time - it sounds wonderful! You'll have fun scrapping all that! 97 is awful and I'm sure you're not used to that! Ack! 

Hope Steve feels well enough to go shopping and that you find some great stuff. Shopping in person is so much fun. I know I lose my head when I visit my BFF in NJ and we go to the craft stores. The only Michaels near me closed down a couple of years ago :( 

Good luck and prayers for the surgery!!

Thank you so very much! We definitely aren’t used to 97!!! It’s a proven fact that if it’s in the 70s up there it’s REALLY hot for us because we’re closer to the sun! So 90s…. Lol!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:27 pm

Have a manageable Monday

Lol on Mary Poppins! Sorry your friend is ticked at you! I think I’d just look at the effort to get ready and say craft table here I come! Lol!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:37 pm
☺️Hey Cherries!

Glad the cats are getting along reasonably well! Have fun creating!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee