Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

mommyribs

Cherry Berry

Re: What would you scrap first?
I became a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of scrapper a few years ago and haven't looked back!  I don't even want to think about how far "behind" I am...I am sure there are too many pics that will never make it into a scrapbook!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Thanks for your replies and imput.   I appreciate it.  Wondeful ideas.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

killarney_rose wrote:When I started scrapping I decided to scrap chronologically.  Within 18 months I was over stressed over it.  I couldn't keep up!  Mom had given me all the family photos in that time period and that, too, added to the stress.  I re-evaluated and decided to jump around.  I am in 2010 photos I am scrapping somewhat chronologically.  I print about 50 at a time and when down to ten or  fifteen I print the next 50.  The family photos number over a thousand from both sides of the family dating back to the 1880's.  I bounce around there to but put in chronological order.  The only albums I have completed so far are those chronological from 2006 to where I am now in 2010.  I also am doing a couple of scrapbooks for Mom with her photos:  her photos of our horses and her cruise with her mother to Alaska in 1986.  My goal is to get the first album done of the horses and the cruise album done for her birthday and Christmas.  I am also there on both.

I have also started a series of albums on my very short bucket list.  I want to photograph all 254 county courthouses in our state, Texas.  I have lived in five counties so that will be the first album and yet I have only photographed two of those and a partial third county.  Total number of counties photographed is 18 or 19 and five of those are slated for or undergoing renovation and I will return to photograph again.  There is a big push to get these historical treasures restored in our state so we don't loose them.  The burning of one of the most beautiful courthouses, Hill County, sent me into tears in the early 2000's and so affected many Texas Residents the push was on to save our courthouses.  For rural counties which is the vast majority of our state the courthouse provides a sense of Community, Pride, Memorials, and Celebrations meaningful to that community.

The other thing you might look into is PL style (Project Life). I am doing Project Life for 2014. Yet I also mix in 12x12 layouts as I go along!  Love it!  Take a look at Laurie's Project Life Challenge and go back through to January.  You might find it helpful of getting through your 300 photos a little faster!  I am doing my Mother's Cruise album in this style mixing in a few 12x12's along the way.  You can see these layouts in my Gallery!
Wow, you have several  going on.  I will have to take a look at your gallery. .
My niece was telling me about PL.  the other day. I will have to lookinto it.
Kimber

NJohnson

Cherry Blossom

I am the oddball it looks like! I have until NSD scrapped everything chronologically.  That is why my six year old is only 7 months in his album and my 3 year old is only about 2 weeks old in hers.  I started a family album though and have that up to date to about 2010.  I jumped out of time order on NSD though!  It felt good to get some of the more recent things scrapped so I am going to break free of my chronological rules and try to figure out how to store whatever I decide I want to scrap until I hit the right timeframe in the album :). I also started a project life album for this year to try and document more of our daily life and not just the big occasions as that is what goes in the scrapbooks. 

xmashall2

Cherry Picker

When I scrapped a lot, used to print off the most current and put them in the albums as I went.   But I didn't hesitate to scrap whatever I came upon in my pic stash, and just put in the album too.  Figured, at least in the album they were safe and clean. 

lesmitch

Cherry Bing

I too jump around. 
 ImageImageImageImageImage

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I don't scrap in order. I pick my paper first, then find a photo.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I have thousands of pics and don't scrap in order.I just scrap in order. Over the years I've done all my old pics so most pics I have are only from the last few years to recent pics. I order pics printed every other month so I always have a lot to choose from to scrap.

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

I love hearing how people scrap and what inspires them to do a Lo when. Thanks for your comments

Kimber

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

mgehrke wrote:I get bored and have to jump around. I have several unfinished albums because of this. 
Me too!  I have to scrap what I am inspired by at the time.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Cherry Tart

I sit down with my photos, go through them all until one practicality screams to be scrapped -- to have *that* story told,  or to play with *that* perfect patterned paper, ink, stamp, die cut, whatever. If nothing screams, I understand that today is not my day to scrap and try again tomorrow.

mel79

Cherry Berry

I scrap whatever a challenge inspires. lol I think if I tried to scrap chronologically I would get bored quickly and burnt out so I just do whatever picture is inspired by challenges.

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I also scrap this and that but I do like my albums in chronological order, so I have many albums in progress. Image
Image Image ImageImage

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

Deanna13 wrote:I also scrap this and that but I do like my albums in chronological order, so I have many albums in progress. Image

Me too.  I use 3 ring/D ring albums, so it's easy to shift everything around and add to when I need space.  
Melissa

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Croppinmama wrote:I don't scrap in order. I pick my paper first, then find a photo.

and I pick a photo and then paper.......I think it is cool that we all have different approaches  :D

mel79

Cherry Berry

Deanna13 wrote:I also scrap this and that but I do like my albums in chronological order, so I have many albums in progress. Image 

Im the same, every so often I have a day where I get all the albums up to date but I need way more albums for that now. lol 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I don't scrap in order, but I try to stay within one chronological year, so I can finish an album. :)

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

marcia46

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Kimber! I still jump all over too. Sometimes I start with a paper or sometimes a pic. Just whatever I am in the mood to do. I am so glad you are scrapping again!
Marcia
"How did it get so late so soon?"...Dr. Seuss

Niki

Cherry Cola

I scrap in order. Otherwise I would get totally confused!!!! I am currently scrapping 2010 and am in May.

I have all my photos sorted out by year. Then by month. I just find it easier to continue in order. This way I can just put them right in the album in the right spot and I don't have to figure it out later. And I would go nuts if I had more then one album to do. I only do one for my daughter. I did do one for myself when I got married and one of my dad when he passed away. But other then that they only albums I do are my daughters.
Sometimes if I when I am scrapping the next set of photos that I have on my list I don't have an inspiration for at the moment so I might skip that one set so I can think about it. Then come back to it the next time I scrap.
Nicole
Image Image Image

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

I scrap the ones that speak to me when I have time to scrap. Could be a photo that just screams a title to me---could be papers that I am dying to use so I find a photo. I do not scrap in order and never have. I don't think it would work for me. Experiments and see what works for you Image
SUS ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee