Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: What is your style?
gonecamping wrote:I have no idea what my style is, I just put the stuff on the paper and see what happens. lol I would like to branch out and try misting but I am scared..:-D

I was scared too, and as I don't do it often, I do like how the misting looks. Practice on some scrap paper. Remember, there are no rules in scrapbooking! :-D
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I have a hard time defining my style, so I guess I would call it "artsy." :) I like the focus to be on the photos, but I have a major in graphic design, so the page has to flow and be arranged for the eyes. Some color, some texture, some lines, some shapes...yeah...artsy. ;)

I do like to experiment, though, with new techniques, so some of my pages don't really look like my style. I feel like I can experiment more with digi, since I'm not "wasting" any supplies. lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I vary from layout to layout, album to album, subject to subject. PLUS, when I do challenges, I tend to try new things.

If I had to pick something, it'd be layering. And clusters. I haven't found my niche yet, but I think I'm getting there.

Oh, and I'm using my SewEasy more and more too.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

I too just do what I feel is right with the photos at the time.
As far as being worried about taking away from the pictures or the story with embellies and layers etc, I find no matter what LO I am looking at, whether online or in a magazine or what have you, my eye ALWAYS goes to the photo first... or if more than one, the biggest one or the framed one...
 Karrie

MominCT

Cherry Blossom

I like my layouts very full, layered and accented. Nothing distressed or vintage just modern and clean :)
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've been thinking about this post since BiBi posted it early this morning. Yes the night owl was up when she posted it! I still feel I'm a work in progress! My first Mixed Media Project needs some help and I'm still thinking how to fix it!

What I really want to be is linear! It fits with my analytically inclined mind. I find it dull though in scrapping. But sometimes I go there like in this layout.

Image and again in this one Image

And then with this layout I taught myself to cluster and distress in a scraplift.

Then this taught me to mist through a class I took. And I've not looked back:

Image Image Image Image etc

And my most recent technique conquered is mass numbers of layers.

It is at least obvious to me I've come a long way since I posted my first layout in the Gallery:

So I'd like to call my style a Work in Progress!

I think I'll pull some Carta Bella sometime this month since it is such great paper when it comes to misting! And play to hearts content because I love Karrie's layout!!! I can get a page to look somewhat like hers with mists. Thank you Karrie for the inspiration!

Now to go start what I promised.....a series of posts on how to mist!!! Just for Sher and Susan (suewho)!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't know that I have a particular style. It can change from super involved with no space left over to add even a brad to much more simple. The one thing I do add consistently is journaling. Very rarely do I finish a layout without it having some journaling.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Ayla wrote:I don't know that I have a particular style. It can change from super involved with no space left over to add even a brad to much more simple. The one thing I do add consistently is journaling. Very rarely do I finish a layout without it having some journaling.
So if anyone has any ideas as to how to describe my style, is love to hear them! Lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Ayla wrote:
Ayla wrote:I don't know that I have a particular style. It can change from super involved with no space left over to add even a brad to much more simple. The one thing I do add consistently is journaling. Very rarely do I finish a layout without it having some journaling.
So if anyone has any ideas as to how to describe my style, is love to hear them! Lol
I'd call you "narrative" based on what you said. There's a branch of Psychology called Narrative Psychology, involved in a person telling their story and then changing parts of the story etc. etc.

Since what you like and do most is the writing and journaling, that's what I'd call you.

And thanks to the ladies on here talking about it all the time, and the WHY behind our scrapping, I've been doing a LOT more journaling lately. I used to be all prim and proper with the journaling way back when and I hated my handwriting. So I always printed stuff out and then put on it. And that's all fine and good, but I realize that while I want to see my grandmother's handwriting sometimes, someday someone will want to see my handwriting. And the story. So I've been journaling a lot more.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

cajenkins81 wrote:
Ayla wrote:
I'd call you "narrative" based on what you said. There's a branch of Psychology called Narrative Psychology, involved in a person telling their story and then changing parts of the story etc. etc.

Since what you like and do most is the writing and journaling, that's what I'd call you.

And thanks to the ladies on here talking about it all the time, and the WHY behind our scrapping, I've been doing a LOT more journaling lately. I used to be all prim and proper with the journaling way back when and I hated my handwriting. So I always printed stuff out and then put on it. And that's all fine and good, but I realize that while I want to see my grandmother's handwriting sometimes, someday someone will want to see my handwriting. And the story. So I've been journaling a lot more.

I think Carolyn hit the nail on the head! I love to read the journaling on your layouts!!! I'm so thankful to have a tablet to do so sometimes!!!!

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I love Karrie's layout!! It's something I could never do but I admire! I don't know what you call my style either.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

joannie wrote:Image
I love Karrie's layout!! It's something I could never do but I admire! I don't know what you call my style either.

I'd say your clean, simple and linear like I would prefer to be and then on occasion you totally step out of the box and create this which is gorgeous!

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

joannie wrote: I love Karrie's layout!! It's something I could never do but I admire! I don't know what you call my style either.

aww! Thank you SO much!
 Karrie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

So I've just was going through my gallery trying to figure out what my style is. I know for one thing that I like it clean. I don't do grunge or vintage or distressed. Not my style at all. I like a lot of layering and do a lot of clustering, and I love dimension, both in paper and digi. I seem to use one large photo a lot, or sometimes will have one larger photo as the main focus and then have multiple smaller ones to show more of the story. I am big on journaling, which I learned here from the Cherries. If you go way back to the beginning of my gallery you will see hardly any journaling but usually a title and a date or age and that's about it. Maybe the name of an event. The Cherries turned me into a lean, mean journaling machine lol. And I am so grateful for that!

ImageImage Image Image  

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

sweetsour wrote:
joannie wrote: I love Karrie's layout!! It's something I could never do but I admire! I don't know what you call my style either.

aww! Thank you SO much!

You're very welcome!! :winkb:
- joannie

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

killarney_rose wrote:
joannie wrote:Image

I'd say your clean, simple and linear like I would prefer to be and then on occasion you totally step out of the box and create this which is gorgeous!

Thank you Kim!! :)
- joannie

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

cajenkins81 wrote:
gonecamping wrote:I have no idea what my style is, I just put the stuff on the paper and see what happens. lol I would like to branch out and try misting but I am scared..:-D
Me too! I keep hoping I'll find some on sale or someone will gift some to me so I'll HAVE to try it! haha.

(SHH! Use a 40 percent off coupon at Hobby Lobby!)
Kim

Image Image  

Ayla

Cherry Addict

cajenkins81 wrote:
Ayla wrote:

That does sound like me...thanks! And that is one downside of digi...you don't see my own handwriting very often. I used to have a personal font that was made from my own handwriting, but I lost it when my computer crashed last winter. I should break down and do it again...someday, when I get a little money lol.
 Image Image

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I don't really try to name my style, either. I don't like to put anything too thick in my scrapbooks so I don't damage the pics on the other side. (I did this once with a jewel brad!) But I don't stress over it, either. I'd say I'm on the "clean" side, not too "grungy" or "artsy." LOL! Most of the time, I just do what feels right, without a plan to start with--or I guess the plan does start in my head. Anyway, then I just think, "I want to get this LO done!!"
Kim

Image Image  

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Kim, killarneyrose, I think that's what I'll call myself!! I went through a phase where I had to mat every photo, then I didn't mat anything. Now I mat some, not others, lol! And I ink the edges of my papers a lot more often now. My work continues to evolve . . .
Kim

Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee