I don't know how you girls that go to crops do it

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Re: I don't know how you girls that go to crops do it

Post by Indy Scrapper »

Queen Mum wrote:I have Bud to haul stuff in and out of the car at home. I wish they had porters at crops. Boy Scout troops could earn money hauling stuff for scrapbookers at crops.

I have been to a retreat and that is exactly who the owner hires, scouts to carry in our bags and scrappy bags. The owners do the tip too.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

I do it easily........but I have a SMALL amount of stuff compared to everyone else at these crops I attend. (They shop for men's wheeled-upright-tool chests.) I store my items at home in the same containers/system that I use to take to a crop. My table was even designed (sort-of) to house the containers they way they are. It only takes me 5 minutes to load up the trunk with ALL my scrap crap.
peytongirl
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 32

Post by peytongirl »

That is exactly why I host a crop at my house one Saturday a month. I don't sell anything!!! I have a few friends over once a month!! It is so much fun and I don't have to pack anything!!
Candie
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

peytongirl wrote:That is exactly why I host a crop at my house one Saturday a month. I don't sell anything!!! I have a few friends over once a month!! It is so much fun and I don't have to pack anything!!
I guess all I need is your address! I will be there! lol
Bibi
peytongirl
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by peytongirl »

1grandma wrote:
peytongirl wrote:That is exactly why I host a crop at my house one Saturday a month. I don't sell anything!!! I have a few friends over once a month!! It is so much fun and I don't have to pack anything!!

You are welcome to come over any time!!
Candie
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

peytongirl wrote:
1grandma wrote:

You are welcome to come over any time!!
Candie, I am on my way! And if you see some idiot who looks lost, it is probaby me. lol
Bibi
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

It takes a lot of planning. I don't like to go to a crop that is any less than 3 days. It just is not worth it when it take so much work to get ready. Have fun at your crop!!
ImageImageImage
ZELDAdog
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by ZELDAdog »

Now that I'm going to crops more often, I leave most of my stuff packed up. Then all I need to pack are my tools and that sort of thing.
Jenny
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 745

Post by sherelm »

The expert designers (NOT ME!!!!!!!!! I mean the one at the major crops) say if you need people to help you haul or you bring in more than what you can in one load - you over packed and you are more a collector and will not get much done.

So I've tried their way of thinking - after hauling RACKS out to bring stuff in - and they are absolutely correct. The more you haul - the less real thought you gave to what you are going to do - and you'll get a lot less done. Trust me on this. It works. Take a little and get it done. You can always finish adding that embellie or ribbon you left at home. You don't have to haul your house.
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I haven't been to a crop in years but then I used to create page kits and plan everything ahead of time and take zip locks full of only what I needed for that page.
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
peytongirl
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by peytongirl »

cherrycupcake wrote:The expert designers (NOT ME!!!!!!!!! I mean the one at the major crops) say if you need people to help you haul or you bring in more than what you can in one load - you over packed and you are more a collector and will not get much done.

So I've tried their way of thinking - after hauling RACKS out to bring stuff in - and they are absolutely correct. The more you haul - the less real thought you gave to what you are going to do - and you'll get a lot less done. Trust me on this. It works. Take a little and get it done. You can always finish adding that embellie or ribbon you left at home. You don't have to haul your house.

This was so true for me.
Candie
mel79
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 49

Post by mel79 »

I always struggle to know what to pack for a crop, you either take everything or you seem to leave the most valuable tool at home. lol

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”