Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, June 11th
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:58 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:41 pm
Busy, busy morning...returns for Amazon stuff, BIG drop off at Salvation Army and a quick grocery stop.  In my scrap room now. The weather here is miserable....stormy all day but really I don't mind. I love thunderstorms.  Hoping to start on a few June challenges today. Was not really in the mood to do the MMC's yesterday but was glad I did once I started. Really helped to take my mind off the weekends tragic events for just a little while.  Hugging my loved ones a little tighter these days.  Wishing everyone a great day  😊
Storms are good for crafting days!  I am glad you were able to take your mind off the sadness with the MMC's.  You deserve to start enjoying your summer break.  Hugs!

Thank you Laura, we are at 90% chance of rain for the next four days so I will have lots of time to scrap. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:48 pm
Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:38 pm
They are saying 102 here today so guess I’m going pretty much nowhere lol. I do want to go to HD and buy a flat of Mexican Jasmine but too hot outside to plant so it will wait.

Decided to make an order last Night but the computer said CC declined! Say what? So called CC company. Nothing wrong at all. Nowhere near the absurdly high credit limit they give me. No strange or large or unknown charges. All paid up on time for May and Junes bill not sent yet. Hmmmm. Tried again but still no go. 😕. A friend suggested might b ACOTs computer since all the changes this week so I shut my phone off after dropping CS an email. Couple hours later getting ready for bed and thought about it and tried again. Went right through AND got my your order shipped email already today! 😁

Life is an adventure! lol. Have a totally tubular Tuesday! 🏄‍♀️
Stay inside!  You can get that jasmine on another day!
Glad you got your order in; did you get anything good?

More stencils. lol. A Sizzix layering set, a new Vicki Boutin 3 stencil set and one other I can’t think of at the moment. I’m not very good with lunar paste lol but had a few new ideas to try with it and stencils. I hide out from the heat most of summer. Take my daily walk 30 minutes before sundown.

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:42 pm
MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:01 pm
Same old story for me, but I get to enjoy my daughter visiting. Granddaughter is coming over in a bit to check out our gutters. DH is driving for Avis. He probably felt comfortable leaving me since the daughter is here. And for the first time in 3 weeks I was actually able to sleep on my side. Was in the bed until 4am. A new record. Then came out to the couch for another couple hours of shut eye.
is already halfway 
Going to be a warm(80’s) summery day.

Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned, Leslee, seeing your DD and DGD!
I have been a bit MIA on and off the past few months (lost 2 computers), so wanted to ask
why you had trouble sleeping; was it due to some sort of pain?  I am in this zone right now
where I sleep 2-3 hours, wake up and come into the scrap room.  I used to scrap but lately
I just watch TV, maybe have a glass of wine.  Then I go back to bed between 4-5am, and wake
10-11 when hubby is halfway through his workday! 

Ann, not sleeping because I had a total knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago. I prefer to sleep on my side and haven’t been able to since surgery. Mostly sleeping in the recliner. It’s been a process for sure, very slow going as the body heals.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:31 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I'm having some coffee now, I slept way in! 😂 Stayed up late working on that big painting, without an easel, so I'm extra sore in my shoulders. (We have yet to find the ledge to my easel, but idk why it wasn't all TOGETHER in the shed!!! Omer says it looks like someone's been in there, one of his stepsons probably! SMH! I said, I best NOT catch anyone in our shed! My empathy with addicts ONLY goes so far! I have 10 years clean so I KNOW it's DEFINITELY possible to change your life! I'm a walking miracle BECAUSE I did the work to have a better life!! If I can do it...)
Enough of my ranting and raving! It's gorgeous out! (Allergenic, too! LOL!) I'm probably gonna end up doing some painting outside. It's a bit to set up, but I'll sit right on the steps an have at it! ☺️
Maybe in the evening, I'll finish my layout, too! ☺️
Stay blessed, Cherries 😊

So happy for your achievements!  I think nearly every family deals with addiction issues now.  I know my DH spent a lot of time and effort trying to help his only nephew, only for Mikey to steal DH's tools, boat, etc.  Things that were either DH's to begin with or things his dad left Tom in his will.  (That was just before DH and I met.  A year later, DH was doing the same thing for his brother's oldest daughter.  

I hope you get some scrappy time in and find the ledge to your easel!

Hey Ann 😊 Lol no ledge today but I painted regardless!😂
It's awful that your DH has to go through all that; it's DEFINITELY a major issue these days! I mean, the way things escalate with addiction and alcoholism is awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone or their family! We lost my oldest brother 7 years ago, and it's especially hard because he had been clean for a while. He was also suicidal a LOT over the years and it was JUST such a hard time.
I just pray a LOT! I do what I have to do for my recovery, but my younger sisters have alcoholic issues too, and that definitely helps me stay on the right path! 😊

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 pm
Another "What a Day" for us. It's our 36th wedding anniversary and we had planned to go out to dinner but my daughter had texted me last week to see if we could pick her up from the VW dealership since she had to get her state inspection. Even though she now lives in Delaware she hasn't switched over much from Pennsylvania. She is leasing her car and therefore gets a free inspection. She had asked if we could have lunch with her dad and stepmom. No problem but even though I picked a place I wanted to go to, we had to go to the restaurant her stepmom preferred. As I may mentioned before her stepmom is a real piece of work.  We then had to listen to her take over every conversation at lunch. BUT, I got to have wine with lunch!!! 

To make matters worse, before we left for the restaurant, my DD got a call from the VW dealership saying she had a crack in her windshield and couldn't pass inspection. Now, she has to come back up in a couple of weeks because it needs to be done by the end of the month. I feel so bad for her.
Happy Anniversary Chris! A day late. Sorry you had to have lunch with such an intrusive person, especially on your special day. Ugh.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm
So my good day went to $hit real quick.

The beautiful 6-layered cricut card I made for my MIL got damaged. BADLY. Apparently somewhere between here and Southern California, oil was dripping on the envelope and seeped thru to the card. We're probably thinking SA as it sat there for 2 whole days after I mailed it off. My MIL rec'd it today and was so mad for me. She told DH all about it, with pictures which in turn he sent to me and called me. We wanted to file a complaint and OMFG...have y'all ever filed a complaint with the USPS?? That form is (1) hard to find; and (2) is NOT user-friendly! And I'm a freakin' software developer! I make user-friendly forms for a living!

It took me 30 minutes to file a complaint. Sent them all the pics that my MIL sent DH. What made it hard was the limitations on how many characters I could put in. Ugh. How do I describe what happened when I'm limited? And its not about the money. It's a homemade cricut card. No. It's the TIME I spent on the thing. It ended up being an 8x8 card and luckily I put it in bubblewrap before putting it in a manila envelope, then taking it to my PO.

My head isn't in work right now, so I'm here...just leaving love in the gallery. Already had a shot of tequila to calm my @$$ down a bit. I've got the music blaring. Just my current mood.

That really sucks Brandy! And you had it wrapped well too. I'm so sorry that happened.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:36 pm
VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:22 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:41 pm
Busy, busy morning...returns for Amazon stuff, BIG drop off at Salvation Army and a quick grocery stop.  In my scrap room now. The weather here is miserable....stormy all day but really I don't mind. I love thunderstorms.  Hoping to start on a few June challenges today. Was not really in the mood to do the MMC's yesterday but was glad I did once I started. Really helped to take my mind off the weekends tragic events for just a little while.  Hugging my loved ones a little tighter these days.  Wishing everyone a great day  😊
I love thunderstorms too!  There's something about knowing it's stormy outside, but I am safe inside.  Love to listen to the thunder too.  Hugs to you again with losing such a dear friend and her little. 
Thanks Vicki, it was not my friend directly but her ex-sister and law and nephew.  Heard today on the news that it was an old boyfriend that killed them. She had a restraining order but unfortunately, it did not keep them safe. 

Omg that is so horrible! ((Hugs)) Kristin.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:13 pm
pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:17 am
Hey Cherries. I had such a day with Twinkie yesterday. I had to take her to the vet again. She wouldn’t eat her breakfast again and she was having tummy issues. Our regular vet wasn’t in but I got in to see one of the other vets there. She was so good with Twinkie and she wanted to do bloodwork again and see if anything changed since the precious one. She put her on Flagyl and Pepcid and said to feed her chicken and rice if she won’t eat her kibble. She did better eating last night with some rice mixed in with her kibble and took her pills with some chicken and rice later last night. This morning she ate just her kibble very well. I should get the bloodwork results today. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a stomach bug because this girl had me so worried.

Beautiful weather today I should get outside and do some planting. We’ll see how that goes.

Have a great day Cherries.
Oh Barb, prayers that Twinkie will be okay.  Are you experiencing extreme heat there?

Thank you Ann. No it's actually been very nice here. A little warm but not bad and not humid. Enjoying it now before the LI humidity hits in a few weeks.

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee