Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, June 26th
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:01 am
Good morning cherries!

Yesterday kicked my @$$ and I was brain dead by the time DH came home. Luckily dinner was just leftovers.

Today, have both the electricians and contractors here. Contractors are finishing up the dry wall and will start caulking, before they paint. The electricians are installing the 2 ceiling fans and the 6 lights and doing the rest of their stuff. Rec'd confirmation that the garage door will be installed Friday. Not sure right now if its morning or afternoon.

Broke out 4 puzzle toys, 3 benebones with a bit of PB and a hoof too to keep the girls very occupied.

Already washed and put the sheets back on the bed. About to get started on work now.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Omg sounds like a lot!! No wonder you were brain dead! Ack!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:40 am
I also have contractors here today and yesterday. my home-owners insurance came about a month ago and inspected every bit of the house andante sent us a bunch of required changes, most of which were updating hoses and sinks and washing machines, and some other plumbing piece on toilets. Remember I have 11 sinks so it was a bit of work, luckily I have a regular contractor who is really good.  And one of the  hoses required changing panel which meant a bit of new drywall and painting, but in a closer so it needs to look ok but not perfect. These are the same contractors who did my roof and I like them, but it's a lot having people in my house. 

I've been scrapping this morning. 

I'm going to a talk by a holocaust survivor tonight.There aren't too many left at this point so I'm glad to have this opportunity.

Good luck with getting everything updated. Wow, very cool about the holocaust survivor. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:30 am
Good morning Cherries. Beautiful sunny morning here in S. Florida.  Have been taking advantage of the mornings to go out and get some color before my snorkeling getaway next week. The afternoons are very stormy everyday but I like that.  Working on so many projects at once and taking full advantage of summer break.  Hoping to finish our Sanibel Day Trip pages from last year, then that will just leave the St. Augustine trip to finish. Have dropped off boxes at Salvation Army four times already, feels great to purge and organize.  Have a great day everyone  😊

Sounds like you’ve been busy but also enjoying yourself too! Sanibel and St Augustine are great places to visit. Have fun working on those pages!

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:17 am
Hey Cherries 😊
My phone is too full to take new pictures, so I'm gonna try to remedy that! I want to show off my cute kittens! 😍
No plans today - Bible study, messing around with my phone to fix the storage issue, maybe some arts and crafts time with some reading thrown in. It may be too early for the dog days of summer, but it certainly feels like it out there!
I'm JUST enjoying my free time! I plan on going back to work sometime - just part time- but I'm not sure where yet. (My old job is sort of a safety net- they're ALWAYS needing cashiers in the grocery, and while I'm not exactly wanting to go back there, it helps to me to know that I have the option.)
Anyway enough rambling from me! Stay blessed, Cherries! ☺️

Ugh, I hate when the phone is too full to take new pictures. I always say I'm going to be on top of that, but that lasts for like a week and then I'm back to the same old situation with too many photos LOL! 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:36 am
Good Morning, all.

Sitting at my desk working on a layout I started yesterday. A bit of stamping and fussy cutting out left to do.

It is suppose to be near 90 this afternoon, so hoping the grandkids will come over and use their slip and slide. I have a bit of a hill in my backyard, so makes it kind of fun for them.

Otherwise, no big plans for today. Did a lot yesterday, so kind of need to chill today. Actually went to the grocery store yesterday. That’s a first since surgery. Just don’t have much stamina these days.

Oh Leslee! You’ll get your strength back soon. At least you were able to go to the grocery store! That’s a big deal! Hope the grands come enjoy the slip and slide on your hill! {{{HUGS}}} and prayers! 💝🙏🍒💝🙏🍒

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Good morning Cherries. Beautiful sunny morning here in S. Florida.  Have been taking advantage of the mornings to go out and get some color before my snorkeling getaway next week. The afternoons are very stormy everyday but I like that.  Working on so many projects at once and taking full advantage of summer break.  Hoping to finish our Sanibel Day Trip pages from last year, then that will just leave the St. Augustine trip to finish. Have dropped off boxes at Salvation Army four times already, feels great to purge and organize.  Have a great day everyone  😊

It sounds like you're enjoying your summer break! Please wear sunblock!!! (Can you tell I'm still a little afraid of the sun??) Wow, four decluttering drop offs is great! We have a few bags here and just need to a) drop them off and b) continue decluttering LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
I also have contractors here today and yesterday. my home-owners insurance came about a month ago and inspected every bit of the house andante sent us a bunch of required changes, most of which were updating hoses and sinks and washing machines, and some other plumbing piece on toilets. Remember I have 11 sinks so it was a bit of work, luckily I have a regular contractor who is really good.  And one of the  hoses required changing panel which meant a bit of new drywall and painting, but in a closer so it needs to look ok but not perfect. These are the same contractors who did my roof and I like them, but it's a lot having people in my house. 

I'm going to a talk by a holocaust survivor tonight.There aren't too many left at this point so I'm glad to have this opportunity.

That's also a lot of contracting going on at your house too! I know what you mean about having people in the house. We had the plumber here yesterday and it was less than an hour but it was at the absolutely wrong time (I had to get ready for work and was anxious they wouldn't be done before I had to leave, but they were). 

Wow, that is going to be a bittersweet opportunity. There aren't too many left but their story... :*(    

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:

Louise, I can’t even imagine what the people went through during the holocaust! It’s good you have the opportunity to hear from a survivor what happened. I’m glad you have contractors you trust. But having strange people in your house working always makes me nervous too. Have fun scrapping!!!

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Today is the 2nd of the 2 day Mets/Yankees games at our house. Next time they play will be at Yankee Stadium. We were at FULL capacity yesterday, plus standing room only. That means 42,000 people were there! Almost the entire Fan Greeters/Assistant staff were there. About 25 of us. I did almost as many wheelchair runs yesterday (5) as I did all season (7). I logged 15,183 steps. That is SIX MILES in one day for my lazy butt!!! But today is bittersweet....Some of the Broadway plays have lotteries where you can win 2 tix. The Harry Potter play is one that has a lottery. DD has been entering it every time forever. I used to enter it here and there during the off season but I kinda had the attitude that nobody wins them. Some of the other plays have lotteries too. Anyway....she gets an email that she won!!! She's so excited that she won and we can go together...then we realize it's for today and I had already put in to work and the Yankee games are "all hands on deck".  I would much rather see a Broadway play with DD in the a/c but my boss has been very understanding about the time off I needed for the Mohs surgery, and keeping me indoors out of the sun so I didn't want to leave him in the lurch. Also DD's BFF is just as much of a Harry Potter fan as I am. But I'm so sad that I'm missing this play!! I've been dying to see it and it would be wonderful to go to a Broadway play with DD. She's been to so many but we've only been to see Phantom of the Opera together. I guess we will just have to keep entering these lotteries, now that we know people actually win them lol. Oh and the other "NYC EPIC FAIL" that I forgot to tell you guys...remember Free Museum Day last week and we were going to check out the Guggenheim. OMG....The line was literally around the block - fully around a NYC square block. Imagine the line starting at the bottom middle of a square and going all the way around until the end of the line went back past that.........DH and DD were NOT going to stand on that line. I would have were I by myself. I always have a book on my phone LOL...but anyway we went to Manhattan, had some pizza, went back home and had Italian ices on the way back. Not a total loss, but still...
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

trainmom wrote:

11 sinks?  In one home?  Wowza!  That is great you have a reliable contractor.  So amazing to meet with one of the few Holocaust survivors.  I hope you can share some.   

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I have made it through one evening and morning with our house guests!  Yay! lol  They got here around 4:30 yesterday and we had dinner at our local Mexican restaurant.  Came home and watched a good movie on Prime (have you seen The Age of Adaline?  It has Harrison Ford and Blake Lively in it...came out in 2015.  I really enjoyed it.  We have to be careful what we choose to watch with them because SIL does not have much of a sense of humor, so it's serious movies, for sure.)

This morning was quiet...at least they like to sit and read/drink coffee/catch up on emails in the morning, so I got up around 8:00 and did the same. They left to go to lunch with her friend, and I got some time to myself!

Tonight, we are going out to dinner at a nice restaurant, meeting up with some more friends that we have in common.  Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly!  Eliza is a spaz around company and neither of them are really dog people, so we have that issue. (She is at her regular daycare, today.) Both would like to love on our cat, but kitty isn't the cuddly type!  lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:22 pm
Today is the 2nd of the 2 day Mets/Yankees games at our house. Next time they play will be at Yankee Stadium. We were at FULL capacity yesterday, plus standing room only. That means 42,000 people were there! Almost the entire Fan Greeters/Assistant staff were there. About 25 of us. I did almost as many wheelchair runs yesterday (5) as I did all season (7). I logged 15,183 steps. That is SIX MILES in one day for my lazy butt!!! But today is bittersweet....Some of the Broadway plays have lotteries where you can win 2 tix. The Harry Potter play is one that has a lottery. DD has been entering it every time forever. I used to enter it here and there during the off season but I kinda had the attitude that nobody wins them. Some of the other plays have lotteries too. Anyway....she gets an email that she won!!! She's so excited that she won and we can go together...then we realize it's for today and I had already put in to work and the Yankee games are "all hands on deck".  I would much rather see a Broadway play with DD in the a/c but my boss has been very understanding about the time off I needed for the Mohs surgery, and keeping me indoors out of the sun so I didn't want to leave him in the lurch. Also DD's BFF is just as much of a Harry Potter fan as I am. But I'm so sad that I'm missing this play!! I've been dying to see it and it would be wonderful to go to a Broadway play with DD. She's been to so many but we've only been to see Phantom of the Opera together. I guess we will just have to keep entering these lotteries, now that we know people actually win them lol. Oh and the other "NYC EPIC FAIL" that I forgot to tell you guys...remember Free Museum Day last week and we were going to check out the Guggenheim. OMG....The line was literally around the block - fully around a NYC square block. Imagine the line starting at the bottom middle of a square and going all the way around until the end of the line went back past that.........DH and DD were NOT going to stand on that line. I would have were I by myself. I always have a book on my phone LOL...but anyway we went to Manhattan, had some pizza, went back home and had Italian ices on the way back. Not a total loss, but still...

Wow!  That’s a lot of walking!  I am sad too you won’t be able to see the play, but congrats on the win!  I wouldn’t stand in the museum line, personally.  

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:26 pm
I have made it through one evening and morning with our house guests!  Yay! lol  They got here around 4:30 yesterday and we had dinner at our local Mexican restaurant.  Came home and watched a good movie on Prime (have you seen The Age of Adaline?  It has Harrison Ford and Blake Lively in it...came out in 2015.  I really enjoyed it.  We have to be careful what we choose to watch with them because SIL does not have much of a sense of humor, so it's serious movies, for sure.)

This morning was quiet...at least they like to sit and read/drink coffee/catch up on emails in the morning, so I got up around 8:00 and did the same. They left to go to lunch with her friend, and I got some time to myself!

Tonight, we are going out to dinner at a nice restaurant, meeting up with some more friends that we have in common.  Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly!  Eliza is a spaz around company and neither of them are really dog people, so we have that issue. (She is at her regular daycare, today.) Both would like to love on our cat, but kitty isn't the cuddly type!  lol

Sounds like you are managing, I hope it co it use to go well.  You are gracious to accommodate her so well.  

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

aheatfan wrote:
I love snorkeling, where are you going?  Sounds like you get to scrap some wonderful trips!  I have to get back to my purging and organizing!  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:22 pm

Oh no!!!! I’m so sorry you’re going to miss the play! Keep entering and maybe you two can still go together. And boo hiss on the long line! At least you did your best to make the most of the day.

Six miles??!!??!! That’s a LOT!!! Hope you can make it through tonight! Hope your team wins!!!!

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:36 am
Good Morning, all.

Sitting at my desk working on a layout I started yesterday. A bit of stamping and fussy cutting out left to do.

It is suppose to be near 90 this afternoon, so hoping the grandkids will come over and use their slip and slide. I have a bit of a hill in my backyard, so makes it kind of fun for them.

Otherwise, no big plans for today. Did a lot yesterday, so kind of need to chill today. Actually went to the grocery store yesterday. That’s a first since surgery. Just don’t have much stamina these days.

Surgery has a way of really taking the wi d out of the sails.  Keep at it, you got this!  Stay cool and scrap on.  

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:08 am
Hey Cherries. Today was my dad’s birthday, so later on I’ll be meeting my sister and bil at my moms. We’re just going to have some pizza together. My body is so sore from walking and planting yesterday but I’m going to bring some marigolds to plant along her front walk for her. Before that I have to make a Costco run as the grandkids will be coming over tomorrow to spend a few days here and JJ has requested the pinwheel chicken wraps from there. So I will go and load on some. I also have a grocery delivery coming this afternoon so I’ll be all ready for them with their favorites.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs, Barb. Enjoy your time with the kiddos!! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:26 pm

You’ve made it so far Laura!!! Hopefully they’ll behave and you can get through the entire visit! Hang in there!!!

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:01 am
Good morning cherries!

Yesterday kicked my @$$ and I was brain dead by the time DH came home. Luckily dinner was just leftovers.

Today, have both the electricians and contractors here. Contractors are finishing up the dry wall and will start caulking, before they paint. The electricians are installing the 2 ceiling fans and the 6 lights and doing the rest of their stuff. Rec'd confirmation that the garage door will be installed Friday. Not sure right now if its morning or afternoon.

Broke out 4 puzzle toys, 3 benebones with a bit of PB and a hoof too to keep the girls very occupied.

Already washed and put the sheets back on the bed. About to get started on work now.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Glad your never-ending project is coming along!! 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:17 am
Hey Cherries 😊
My phone is too full to take new pictures, so I'm gonna try to remedy that! I want to show off my cute kittens! 😍
No plans today - Bible study, messing around with my phone to fix the storage issue, maybe some arts and crafts time with some reading thrown in. It may be too early for the dog days of summer, but it certainly feels like it out there!
I'm JUST enjoying my free time! I plan on going back to work sometime - just part time- but I'm not sure where yet. (My old job is sort of a safety net- they're ALWAYS needing cashiers in the grocery, and while I'm not exactly wanting to go back there, it helps to me to know that I have the option.)
Anyway enough rambling from me! Stay blessed, Cherries! ☺️
DH and I have talked about going back to work part-time. But I worked as a cashier about 30 years ago (in addition to my full-time job) and my back couldn't deal with it then so there is no way I could stand in one spot for long periods of time. Good luck in finding the perfect job for you. 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee