Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 25th
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:51 am
pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:17 am
Hey Cherries. Our humidity finally broke and it’s much nicer out today. We are headed for 89 but at least it won’t be a muggy 89. I hope to get outside for a bit and plant some flowers. My lawn guy got my mulch put down yesterday so I can now put some flowers in my gardens. As for inside I need to get out the vacuum as Sky has been leaving black dogfetti all over the house.

Have a great day Cherries.

At least you can SEE the dogfetti! 😂 😂 Mine gets camflouged in the cream-colored carpet!  

Twinks' dogfetti blends in with my cream colored floors and my wheat colored bedroom carpet too lol. I'm sure she has just as much going on. Sky's stands out all over the light floors lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:24 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:39 am
Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)
I’m right there with ya pal. My sister-in-law also arriving today for an uninvited visit. We have been frenemies since my late BIL married her 39 years ago. She chose career over kids but now sighs and says too bad she never had any. And wants to b fav aunt. Oh dear lol. I need to put this antagonism away and b gracious. lol. Last few years she stays at a B n B which is helpful to there being no mayhem. Hahahaha  

That's no bueno! Thankful she DOES stay at an BnB so she doesn't hang out with you all the time, but still. Yuk. Not sure if you drink, but I know you love your Dr. Pepper. Maybe try a Dirty Dr. Pepper! Dr. Pepper, half n half, a coffee tequila. I haven't had it but my contractor's wife LOVES it 😂 😂

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:34 pm
Well surprise! It’s cloudy out today but still going to be 95! Ick. I heard on the radio they got a wee bit of rain in the foothills about 30 miles up the highway from me. Not humid though.

I have chiropractor this afternoon and after all the gardening I’ve done last several days, my back needs some serious adjusting. Widowed SIL arrives today for a visit. Thankfully she usually stays in a B n B instead of ny place but I do need to clean front bathroom, tidy up kitchen and living room although they’re not really too bad lol and sweep the entire house. Yup she’s one of those relatives . lol

So sigh my week will probably b anything but quiet. Doubt if I’ll get any cards made while company’s here. 😕

Have a cool comfy Tuesday
Sorry you're getting a visitor. Day drinkin' might be your best friend! 😂

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:49 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)

Hoping it goes well Laura. At least you are getting it over with early in the summer, so you won't have to think about it for the rest of your vacation. 
Yes!  I think that is why I am a little less stressed. lol

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:10 pm
Charleneanne wrote:
Well surprise! It’s cloudy out today but still going to be 95! Ick. I heard on the radio they got a wee bit of rain in the foothills about 30 miles up the highway from me. Not humid though.

I have chiropractor this afternoon and after all the gardening I’ve done last several days, my back needs some serious adjusting. Widowed SIL arrives today for a visit. Thankfully she usually stays in a B n B instead of ny place but I do need to clean front bathroom, tidy up kitchen and living room although they’re not really too bad lol and sweep the entire house. Yup she’s one of those relatives . lol

So sigh my week will probably b anything but quiet. Doubt if I’ll get any cards made while company’s here. 😕

LOL...got my text they will be here around 4:00. Currently sipping on a glass of Chardonnay, because "it's 5 o'clock somewhere!"   😂

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:01 pm
Well, I found time to do one layout for my designer today.  I need to do another one before the end of the week. Hopefully, I can squeeze it in!

Love all the pink!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:17 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Charleneanne wrote:

LOL...got my text they will be here around 4:00. Currently sipping on a glass of Chardonnay, because "it's 5 o'clock somewhere!"   😂

No judgement here! 😂
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm about to leave for the stadium. It's the Mets / Yankees series and it's going to be crazy. Sold out with standing room only tix available. There are going to be so many wheelchair runs. I'm already exhausted and I didn't even leave the house yet. I also had to deal with the landlord's contractor coming today to fix the toilet. Like really? Today? Ugh. And it's going to be so hot and muggy at the stadium. I just want to stay home and scrap LOL! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:20 pm
Just got back from PT. Did my walk around the block and now icing. My knee just isn’t bending the way it should. They figure I healed super fast and put down scar tissue that isn’t allowing me to bend it properly. May be getting a trip back to the OR to manipulate it. Lucky me!! Regretting every day the decision I made to try and fix my knee.
DH took off to the dentist once he dropped me at home. When he gets back we are off to the grocery store.

Looking nice out and we are to reach around 78* today. Pretty nice summer day. Hoping we can go camping with DD and her crew next week.
I am so sorry Leslee. I hope they can get it figured out without you having to have surgery again.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Well, I found time to do one layout for my designer today.  I need to do another one before the end of the week. Hopefully, I can squeeze it in!

This is so pretty Laura! I love how you framed the photo!

ImageImage Image Image  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Art_Teacher wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
Charleneanne wrote:

Stopped at Baskin Robbins and picked my equivalent to day drinking! lol. LARGE strawberry milkshake.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

No scrapping today but more pictures and memory making!  Today is our last day in New Orleans - tomorrow morning we pack up and head to Atlanta til Friday.  We are going to the Brandi Carlile concert Thursday night.  I think we are going to try and take Grayson to World of Coke and maybe a couple of other things in Atlanta while we are there.  As much fun as this has been - I'll be happy to be home Friday evening.  I'm a huge homebody - home is my FAVORITE place!

I've already got a list of things I need to get done on Friday/Saturday so I can spend some time scrapping on Sunday!  And this coming week at work is a short week because of July 4th!  So I only work 3 days!!  Lots of scrapping ahead I hope!  And I can't wait to see the new July challenges coming up!
Rebecca

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:55 am
VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:29 am
Another hot one today at 90 degrees but thankfully, no humidity.  We had about 10 drops of rain but seriously need  more.  Today I had a noon dentist appointment and then a few stops to make on the way home.  I hope to finish up a LO that I am working on.  I am really trying to finish the bi-monthly challenge and have 6 more to go.  Frustrating to get that close and not know if I will have time to finish it.  Have a good day DCs!

Hope you can get your layout finished in time Vicki! And hope you get some rain soon too! 
Thanks, Ginni.  I was able to get it finished, but still have too many others.  We'll see if I get all of the prompts done.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:49 am
VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:29 am
Another hot one today at 90 degrees but thankfully, no humidity.  We had about 10 drops of rain but seriously need  more.  Today I had a noon dentist appointment and then a few stops to make on the way home.  I hope to finish up a LO that I am working on.  I am really trying to finish the bi-monthly challenge and have 6 more to go.  Frustrating to get that close and not know if I will have time to finish it.  Have a good day DCs!

Hey Vicki! 😊 I need to get into the gallery and check out all the new projects you've got posted! I hope you do get a chance to finish the bi-monthly challenge! (I might go and see how close I am, too- I've changed my mind about it so many times lol!)
I hope your dentist appointment goes well! ☺️ 
Thanks, Holly.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:15 pm
GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:00 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

Aren’t to her liking?! I’m sorry Laura but what does she expect you to do? Change everything to suit her? 🤪🤪🤪 She sounds like my late MIL. Just take deep breaths, clench your teeth and nod and smile. You might even get bold enough to say that you or your DH happen to like it the way it is. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers!!! 💝🙏💝🙏💝🙏   

Oh, I have said that before. LOL  One time she commented that our basement game room smelled very "doggy."  I told her Paisley lived there... ;)  And to answer your question, yes, she does expect us to do everything the way she would do it.  😏 

OMG!  I think I'd just have to tell her if she doesn't like it she can leave!  But then I'm not that bold.  LOL!  Hopefully she won't be TOO bad and you won't be TOO stressed...  {{{HUGS}}}

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:20 pm
Just got back from PT. Did my walk around the block and now icing. My knee just isn’t bending the way it should. They figure I healed super fast and put down scar tissue that isn’t allowing me to bend it properly. May be getting a trip back to the OR to manipulate it. Lucky me!! Regretting every day the decision I made to try and fix my knee.
DH took off to the dentist once he dropped me at home. When he gets back we are off to the grocery store.

Looking nice out and we are to reach around 78* today. Pretty nice summer day. Hoping we can go camping with DD and her crew next week.

OH NO Leslee!!!!! I'm so sorry!  Hopefully IF they do manipulate it they'll get rid of that scar tissue and you'll be right as rain in no time! 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:22 pm
GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:15 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s just after 11 here. We had to be up before 8 because the bug man was coming. So we went to Dunkin’ Donuts and then to Walmart. We were going to go to Hobby Lobby and Michaels but I got way too hot and had to come back to the house. I’m really not used to the heat and humidity anymore! Lol! I got a nice lightweight sleeveless blouse that I can wear with shorts or pants. And some clips to put my hair up instead of just a ponytail. Those should help I hope!!!

I need to make a phone call (boo his for adulting! Lol!) and then I may take a nap. At least Steve got some exercise too! He’s walking a little bit faster now! Only 6 days till he sees the doctor and only 7 till I see my daughter and grandsons and brother!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Have a wonderful day Cherries!!!!

To be fair, this heatwave is rather unprecedented this early in the summer.  I know it is probably hotter there, but in Ohio it still hit 95 last week.  Too hot!  Now, the humidity has dropped, and I think today's high is only around 86.  It's crazy that those temps feel cooler!  lol  Glad Steve is moving better now! 
I can't even imagine 95 degree temps anymore!  You'd never believe we lived in South Florida for 20 years!  LOLOL!  I'll take Alaska weather over this any day!  LOLOL!  (Remind me of this when I'm complaining about how cold it is.  :))

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:

Laura, this is GORGEOUS!!!!  I love EVERYTHING about it!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:45 pm
I'm about to leave for the stadium. It's the Mets / Yankees series and it's going to be crazy. Sold out with standing room only tix available. There are going to be so many wheelchair runs. I'm already exhausted and I didn't even leave the house yet. I also had to deal with the landlord's contractor coming today to fix the toilet. Like really? Today? Ugh. And it's going to be so hot and muggy at the stadium. I just want to stay home and scrap LOL! 

OH NO!  I hope you were able to manage tonight.  At least the toilet is fixed!  But I think I might have called in heat exhausted and stayed home and scrapped!  :) 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:54 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

Stopped at Baskin Robbins and picked my equivalent to day drinking! lol. LARGE strawberry milkshake. 

LOL Charleneanne!  Mine would have been a chocolate milkshake with some Kahlua or Amaretto in it!  Good luck with your friend.  :)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee