Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, June 22nd
Hey Cherries. Totally exhausted this morning and not ready to get up. I went to a ballgame last night with DS and DD and family. It was family night at the LI Ducks stadium for JJ’s school. They are LI’s minor league baseball team and we saw the game and then a professional fireworks display after the game. I did lots of walking to and from my car in the parking lot as I had to park way way back almost at the end of the lot. Earlier in the day I walked to and from my mechanic’s to drop off and pick up my car for inspection. Lots of uphill on that walk. At least the parking lot was flat. Lol. We had fun at the game we ended up in box seats with a suite as my sil meet someone he knew that invited us up to the suite. Apparently it was a box seats/suite owned by his job and not too many peeps where there so he invited us all up there. It was really cool we had food in the indoor section (with a/c) and then had the seats outside the suite. We had a great time and the Ducks won and we saw great fireworks.

Today is my sweet DD’s birthday. Still have to make her card so I will get on that today. Going up to 89 today with humidity. It is too soon for this kind of humidity and heat here but yet here it is. The a/c feels really good right now.

Have a great Saturday Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, June 22nd
pawprints wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:31 am
Hey Cherries. Totally exhausted this morning and not ready to get up. I went to a ballgame last night with DS and DD and family. It was family night at the LI Ducks stadium for JJ’s school. They are LI’s minor league baseball team and we saw the game and then a professional fireworks display after the game. I did lots of walking to and from my car in the parking lot as I had to park way way back almost at the end of the lot. Earlier in the day I walked to and from my mechanic’s to drop off and pick up my car for inspection. Lots of uphill on that walk. At least the parking lot was flat. Lol. We had fun at the game we ended up in box seats with a suite as my sil meet someone he knew that invited us up to the suite. Apparently it was a box seats/suite owned by his job and not too many peeps where there so he invited us all up there. It was really cool we had food in the indoor section (with a/c) and then had the seats outside the suite. We had a great time and the Ducks won and we saw great fireworks.

Today is my sweet DD’s birthday. Still have to make her card so I will get on that today. Going up to 89 today with humidity. It is too soon for this kind of humidity and heat here but yet here it is. The a/c feels really good right now.

Busy but fun time with the family!  I love fireworks.  Brings back great childhood memories.  Happy Birthday to your DD!  Stay cool and rest those feet.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Hot and humid here today.  Wow, I opened the door earlier and couldn't believe how humid it got over night.  Today is supposed to be our hottest day with temps reaching 98!  Wowzers...we need rain so badly.  DH is headed out to get some corn on the cob to have with our burgers tonight.  Can't wait for the first of the season.  Have a good weekend and stay cool and/or dry wherever you may be.
    ImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

Sounds like you had a great time and lots of exercise on top of that.  Happy birthday to your daughter. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:47 am
Hot and humid here today.  Wow, I opened the door earlier and couldn't believe how humid it got over night.  Today is supposed to be our hottest day with temps reaching 98!  Wowzers...we need rain so badly.  DH is headed out to get some corn on the cob to have with our burgers tonight.  Can't wait for the first of the season.  Have a good weekend and stay cool and/or dry wherever you may be.

Wow...that is hot. Think you will be hotter than us today. Stay cool and enjoy your dinner. 
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Slept in this morning, was so tired, not sure why.  Ear is still driving me crazy but doing the drops diligently as I have a snorkeling weekend coming up.  Cleaned up my scrap room this morning and have book club this afternoon.  Need to get a few layouts uploaded and hoping to do a couple more today. I have four trips that need just a page or two to be finished...want to get those into albums already.  Have a great day Cherries and stay cool and hydrated  😊
🌴Kristin  

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

Sounds like a fun family evening! Sorry about the heat and humidity. My youngest DD is headed your way this next week and dreading the heat!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

Try and stay cool!!! Fresh corn sounds yummy!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:40 am
Slept in this morning, was so tired, not sure why.  Ear is still driving me crazy but doing the drops diligently as I have a snorkeling weekend coming up.  Cleaned up my scrap room this morning and have book club this afternoon.  Need to get a few layouts uploaded and hoping to do a couple more today. I have four trips that need just a page or two to be finished...want to get those into albums already.  Have a great day Cherries and stay cool and hydrated  😊
Sorry your ear is still giving you issues. I usually try some Sudafed when I have ear issues. Seems yo work and my Dh is now a believer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kind of a rough night. Came out to sleep in the recliner and got a couple more hours of shut eye. Looking very nice out and headed to around 80ish. Had a wild storm move through last evening, thankfully passing north of us. The skies were black. Hope to do a little scrapping along with my regular post op activities.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Well it’s hot here too. But they’ve backed today’s high down from 105 to “just” 102! Hahaha. Doing nothing all day but playing and getting inky. I have salad stuff and leftover pizza so no cooking either!

In spite of the heat I’ve still been sneaking out late evening and getting my walk in. My younger DS is always concerned that I try to stay active and keep moving. He’s a sweet boy and has always been the one to worry even when he was a kid!

Stay cool and have a safe Saturday

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:

Sorry that you were so tired- on top of the extra exercise with all that walking you were in that high heat too - that takes it out of you!
I’m glad you guys had such good seats and a win and then fireworks on top of it! What a fun evening!
Happy Birthday to your DD! Have fun in the a/c making her card!
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

VickiR wrote:

Wow’ that is hot for as far north as you are! We are at 90 with index of 98 it’s at least breezy and some what cloudy so it doesn’t feel as bad today as it did yesterday.
Like you- we were sweltering !
Yum! That sounds good. Where I grew up as a kid there was always a festival when corn was ready and they would have corn on the cob buttered in giant tubs! I don’t know if they still do that with the way things are these days. But good memories !
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:40 am

Sorry about your ear! I hope it clears before your snorkeling weekend!
You’ve been so busy cleaning you needed some extra sleep!
Have fun at book club and good luck with completing your trip albums that’s awesome!
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:34 pm
Kind of a rough night. Came out to sleep in the recliner and got a couple more hours of shut eye. Looking very nice out and headed to around 80ish. Had a wild storm move through last evening, thankfully passing north of us. The skies were black. Hope to do a little scrapping along with my regular post op activities.

So sorry about your rough night! I hope today is better! I’m glad the storm passed you up and maybe left a better weather- 80s sounds great! Have fun scrapping and don’t push yourself too hard- recovery takes time 😊
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:52 pm
Well it’s hot here too. But they’ve backed today’s high down from 105 to “just” 102! Hahaha. Doing nothing all day but playing and getting inky. I have salad stuff and leftover pizza so no cooking either!

In spite of the heat I’ve still been sneaking out late evening and getting my walk in. My younger DS is always concerned that I try to stay active and keep moving. He’s a sweet boy and has always been the one to worry even when he was a kid!

Stay cool and have a safe Saturday

Eeek! That’s hot!!! Yay for no cooking! And playing and getting inky sounds fun!
That’s sweet about your son - I love how they take care of you ! 💗
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Hi cherries- hot here too- sounds like it is most everywhere!
Got some outside stuff done early this morning and of course the regular sat chores- laundry is almost done!
I started pulling down wallpaper in my 1/2 bath! Whew! I am not finished but I need a break. It will be nice to have it off then I can paint and make it mine finally! Lol I’ve lived here 3 years but haven’t painted yet 🙄

I have a layout I have been fighting with over the past week- maybe I will work on that and get it figured out!
Have a great day cherries!
Susan

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:26 pm
VickiR wrote:

Wow’ that is hot for as far north as you are! We are at 90 with index of 98 it’s at least breezy and some what cloudy so it doesn’t feel as bad today as it did yesterday.
Like you- we were sweltering !
Yum! That sounds good. Where I grew up as a kid there was always a festival when corn was ready and they would have corn on the cob buttered in giant tubs! I don’t know if they still do that with the way things are these days. But good memories !   

We are 6 miles from the Maryland border and very close to the Chesapeake Bay and a stone's throw from the Susquehanna River.  Our weather is very similar to the hot, humid weather in metropolitan Baltimore.   We do have lots of Chicken Barbeque's in different locations on Saturdays that offer corn too.  I'm not sure if there are any actual festivals around though.

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

So glad you got to enjoy the game in style and how fun that they won Barb!!! And what’s better than professional fireworks?! 😆. Hope you’re taking it easy today!!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

That’s really hot Vicki! Stay cool and enjoy that corn on the cob! I LOVE corn on the cob but I can’t eat any kind of corn anymore. :( so have a piece for me please! 🤣🤣🤣

Stay cool out there!!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee