Scrap a Day, June 11th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Re: Scrap a Day, June 11th

Post by blbabe1234 »

So my good day went to $hit real quick.

The beautiful 6-layered cricut card I made for my MIL got damaged. BADLY. Apparently somewhere between here and Southern California, oil was dripping on the envelope and seeped thru to the card. We're probably thinking SA as it sat there for 2 whole days after I mailed it off. My MIL rec'd it today and was so mad for me. She told DH all about it, with pictures which in turn he sent to me and called me. We wanted to file a complaint and OMFG...have y'all ever filed a complaint with the USPS?? That form is (1) hard to find; and (2) is NOT user-friendly! And I'm a freakin' software developer! I make user-friendly forms for a living!

It took me 30 minutes to file a complaint. Sent them all the pics that my MIL sent DH. What made it hard was the limitations on how many characters I could put in. Ugh. How do I describe what happened when I'm limited? And its not about the money. It's a homemade cricut card. No. It's the TIME I spent on the thing. It ended up being an 8x8 card and luckily I put it in bubblewrap before putting it in a manila envelope, then taking it to my PO.

My head isn't in work right now, so I'm here...just leaving love in the gallery. Already had a shot of tequila to calm my @$$ down a bit. I've got the music blaring. Just my current mood.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

Another "What a Day" for us. It's our 36th wedding anniversary and we had planned to go out to dinner but my daughter had texted me last week to see if we could pick her up from the VW dealership since she had to get her state inspection. Even though she now lives in Delaware she hasn't switched over much from Pennsylvania. She is leasing her car and therefore gets a free inspection. She had asked if we could have lunch with her dad and stepmom. No problem but even though I picked a place I wanted to go to, we had to go to the restaurant her stepmom preferred. As I may mentioned before her stepmom is a real piece of work.  We then had to listen to her take over every conversation at lunch. BUT, I got to have wine with lunch!!! 

To make matters worse, before we left for the restaurant, my DD got a call from the VW dealership saying she had a crack in her windshield and couldn't pass inspection. Now, she has to come back up in a couple of weeks because it needs to be done by the end of the month. I feel so bad for her.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:17 am
Hey Cherries. I had such a day with Twinkie yesterday. I had to take her to the vet again. She wouldn’t eat her breakfast again and she was having tummy issues. Our regular vet wasn’t in but I got in to see one of the other vets there. She was so good with Twinkie and she wanted to do bloodwork again and see if anything changed since the precious one. She put her on Flagyl and Pepcid and said to feed her chicken and rice if she won’t eat her kibble. She did better eating last night with some rice mixed in with her kibble and took her pills with some chicken and rice later last night. This morning she ate just her kibble very well. I should get the bloodwork results today. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a stomach bug because this girl had me so worried.

Beautiful weather today I should get outside and do some planting. We’ll see how that goes.

Have a great day Cherries.
Awww, poor Twinkie. I hope it's just a little bug and she is feeling back to herself soon. 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 pm
Another "What a Day" for us. It's our 36th wedding anniversary and we had planned to go out to dinner but my daughter had texted me last week to see if we could pick her up from the VW dealership since she had to get her state inspection. Even though she now lives in Delaware she hasn't switched over much from Pennsylvania. She is leasing her car and therefore gets a free inspection. She had asked if we could have lunch with her dad and stepmom. No problem but even though I picked a place I wanted to go to, we had to go to the restaurant her stepmom preferred. As I may mentioned before her stepmom is a real piece of work.  We then had to listen to her take over every conversation at lunch. BUT, I got to have wine with lunch!!! 

To make matters worse, before we left for the restaurant, my DD got a call from the VW dealership saying she had a crack in her windshield and couldn't pass inspection. Now, she has to come back up in a couple of weeks because it needs to be done by the end of the month. I feel so bad for her.
Ugh...her step mom sounds like DH's ex wife. A. Real. Piece. Of.Work. Wine for lunch sounds good! I had a shot of tequila with mine!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm

The beautiful 6-layered cricut card I made for my MIL got damaged. BADLY. Apparently somewhere between here and Southern California, oil was dripping on the envelope and seeped thru to the card. We're probably thinking SA as it sat there for 2 whole days after I mailed it off. My MIL rec'd it today and was so mad for me. She told DH all about it, with pictures which in turn he sent to me and called me. We wanted to file a complaint and OMFG...have y'all ever filed a complaint with the USPS?? That form is (1) hard to find; and (2) is NOT user-friendly! And I'm a freakin' software developer! I make user-friendly forms for a living!

It took me 30 minutes to file a complaint. Sent them all the pics that my MIL sent DH. What made it hard was the limitations on how many characters I could put in. Ugh. How do I describe what happened when I'm limited? And its not about the money. It's a homemade cricut card. No. It's the TIME I spent on the thing. It ended up being an 8x8 card and luckily I put it in bubblewrap before putting it in a manila envelope, then taking it to my PO.

My head isn't in work right now, so I'm here...just leaving love in the gallery. Already had a shot of tequila to calm my @$$ down a bit. I've got the music blaring. Just my current mood.

That sucks big time!! And so many people would say, what's the big deal, it's only a card.  WTF do they know how much work and love goes into those homemade cards. I'm so sorry Brandy! xoxo
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1800

Post by aheatfan »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:22 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:41 pm
Busy, busy morning...returns for Amazon stuff, BIG drop off at Salvation Army and a quick grocery stop.  In my scrap room now. The weather here is miserable....stormy all day but really I don't mind. I love thunderstorms.  Hoping to start on a few June challenges today. Was not really in the mood to do the MMC's yesterday but was glad I did once I started. Really helped to take my mind off the weekends tragic events for just a little while.  Hugging my loved ones a little tighter these days.  Wishing everyone a great day  😊
I love thunderstorms too!  There's something about knowing it's stormy outside, but I am safe inside.  Love to listen to the thunder too.  Hugs to you again with losing such a dear friend and her little.

Thanks Vicki, it was not my friend directly but her ex-sister and law and nephew.  Heard today on the news that it was an old boyfriend that killed them. She had a restraining order but unfortunately, it did not keep them safe. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:23 pm
Hey Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s a beautiful sunny day out there. I’m dragging! Didn’t sleep as well last night. I ached all over and finally took some Advil. That helped. We both think things were lifted off our shoulders with the good news yesterday.

I’m doing a couple of loads of laundry and taking a nap for sure! Lolol!

I’m feeling kinda homesick missing my birds and kitty and scrappy things. But I’m able to go through the photos on my phone and clean them out. And I brought my external hard drive and my CDs to upload to my computer.

Tomorrow is Steve’s pre op appointment. Then Thursday we are going to Knoxville to see some of Steve’s relatives. One is a cousin and his wife on his dad’s side. I’ve never met them but the wife and I are Facebook friends. There’s a party at the lake house for one of Steve’s other cousins who has 4 grandsons graduating - 2 from college and 2 from high school. So they’re having a big party. Then on Sunday we will go to church with them and go have brunch with a cousin and a 2nd cousin. I’ve met them and chatted with both of them. Then we will come back here. And hopefully we can meet up with Holly one of the days before Steve’s surgery on the 19th. Keeping ourselves busy but having fun. :)

At least I’ll have lots of new pictures to scrap!!!! Lolol!

Hope you’re having a great day!!!
Sorry you did not sleep well but glad you are surrounded by friends and family. Sending prayers your way for all to come. 

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Oh my gosh, that deserves a shot of tequila. Sorry that happened. 
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 pm

Oh no - what a mess. Happy Anniversary though  😊

🌴Kristin  

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

Hi Cherries!

I am getting more and more screwed up; I think its the heat!  I knew today was Tuesday, but I mixed up the MMC's with the weekly Sketch challenge.
I knew I had 4 to get done,, one was just needing a title, one was halfway done and I had an idea for the 3rd.  So I figured if I finished 2 today, I could 
finish tomorrow.  I was just about to upload the one I had done when I realized the MMC's were due yesterday...  But I started thinking...  Were they
just started yesterday?  Nope, wrong again!  I have 2 LO's done and we are almost halfway through the month already!

Chloe keeps me very busy, and she does not nap until just before dinner (now).  Hubby will be home in an hour and its his turn!  She spent most
of the day cornering the cat.  I am surprised Bella did not draw blood this time!

That is about it, hope everyone is having a great week!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:17 am
Hey Cherries. I had such a day with Twinkie yesterday. I had to take her to the vet again. She wouldn’t eat her breakfast again and she was having tummy issues. Our regular vet wasn’t in but I got in to see one of the other vets there. She was so good with Twinkie and she wanted to do bloodwork again and see if anything changed since the precious one. She put her on Flagyl and Pepcid and said to feed her chicken and rice if she won’t eat her kibble. She did better eating last night with some rice mixed in with her kibble and took her pills with some chicken and rice later last night. This morning she ate just her kibble very well. I should get the bloodwork results today. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a stomach bug because this girl had me so worried.

Beautiful weather today I should get outside and do some planting. We’ll see how that goes.

Have a great day Cherries.
Oh Barb, prayers that Twinkie will be okay.  Are you experiencing extreme heat there?

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:53 am
I am still fighting my summer cold, but with the Mucinex I was able to sleep better last night.  So far it is just head congestion, with a little tickle in my throat.  I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a sinus infection, because I think it definitely had to do with my allergies...cottonwood is covering the grass like snow around here!  Yucky!

Today, I have dozens of household chores to do, because I did nothing all weekend or yesterday.  Hopefully, I can at least get some laundry and general tidying up done.  I'd rather sit out on the deck...it is a gorgeous day!  But maybe that will come later. :)
Laura, hope you feel better soon and so glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend.  I have been waking with a sore throat and itchy ears/eyes for weeks.  I finally have had 2 good days, and we have had no humidity for the past 2 days, plus our weather is better.  

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:21 am
I did manage to finish a layout late last night for the Rewind of the May Taylor Swift challenge.  Eliza was so little!

Laura I love that LO!  the title is purrfect and I love the green and brown color combo!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:19 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

That sucks big time!! And so many people would say, what's the big deal, it's only a card.  WTF do they know how much work and love goes into those homemade cards. I'm so sorry Brandy! xoxo 
Thank you Chris. And my MIL is as furious as I am. She's a fellow crafter. She does all the crafty things. Scrapbooking. Stamping. Painting (watercolors mostly). She even does the stained glass thing. So yeah...she KNOWS how much time and love went to making her the card.

She still loves it though...

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I'm having some coffee now, I slept way in! 😂 Stayed up late working on that big painting, without an easel, so I'm extra sore in my shoulders. (We have yet to find the ledge to my easel, but idk why it wasn't all TOGETHER in the shed!!! Omer says it looks like someone's been in there, one of his stepsons probably! SMH! I said, I best NOT catch anyone in our shed! My empathy with addicts ONLY goes so far! I have 10 years clean so I KNOW it's DEFINITELY possible to change your life! I'm a walking miracle BECAUSE I did the work to have a better life!! If I can do it...)
Enough of my ranting and raving! It's gorgeous out! (Allergenic, too! LOL!) I'm probably gonna end up doing some painting outside. It's a bit to set up, but I'll sit right on the steps an have at it! ☺️
Maybe in the evening, I'll finish my layout, too! ☺️
Stay blessed, Cherries 😊

So happy for your achievements!  I think nearly every family deals with addiction issues now.  I know my DH spent a lot of time and effort trying to help his only nephew, only for Mikey to steal DH's tools, boat, etc.  Things that were either DH's to begin with or things his dad left Tom in his will.  (That was just before DH and I met.  A year later, DH was doing the same thing for his brother's oldest daughter.  

I hope you get some scrappy time in and find the ledge to your easel!

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Good morning cherries!

Went on my walk this morning and then did that emergency upgrade earlier before any of the users could log in. Still working on a feature that I started last Tuesday.

Already got a load of doggie blankets washed/dried and bedroom vacuumed. DH has his f/up appt with his surgeon later. Hope it goes well for him.

Nothing else going on - hope y'all have a great day.
Girl, what time do you get up in the mornings!  Good for you getting so many things done.
hope DH's appt goes well!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:34 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Good morning cherries!

Went on my walk this morning and then did that emergency upgrade earlier before any of the users could log in. Still working on a feature that I started last Tuesday.

Already got a load of doggie blankets washed/dried and bedroom vacuumed. DH has his f/up appt with his surgeon later. Hope it goes well for him.

Nothing else going on - hope y'all have a great day.
Girl, what time do you get up in the mornings!  Good for you getting so many things done.
hope DH's appt goes well!

I get up at 5:30AM.

Thank you. It did. He's off restrictions and feels no pain!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:01 pm
Same old story for me, but I get to enjoy my daughter visiting. Granddaughter is coming over in a bit to check out our gutters. DH is driving for Avis. He probably felt comfortable leaving me since the daughter is here. And for the first time in 3 weeks I was actually able to sleep on my side. Was in the bed until 4am. A new record. Then came out to the couch for another couple hours of shut eye.
is already halfway 
Going to be a warm(80’s) summery day.

Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned, Leslee, seeing your DD and DGD!
I have been a bit MIA on and off the past few months (lost 2 computers), so wanted to ask
why you had trouble sleeping; was it due to some sort of pain?  I am in this zone right now
where I sleep 2-3 hours, wake up and come into the scrap room.  I used to scrap but lately
I just watch TV, maybe have a glass of wine.  Then I go back to bed between 4-5am, and wake
10-11 when hubby is halfway through his workday! 

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:05 pm
Just got back from doing some grocery shopping and getting ready to head out for some annual scans.  Hoping to get to my craft space by 3!
Vicki, good luck with your appts and hope you get lots of great scrappy time!

beachlover
Cherry Addict

Post by beachlover »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:38 pm
They are saying 102 here today so guess I’m going pretty much nowhere lol. I do want to go to HD and buy a flat of Mexican Jasmine but too hot outside to plant so it will wait.

Decided to make an order last Night but the computer said CC declined! Say what? So called CC company. Nothing wrong at all. Nowhere near the absurdly high credit limit they give me. No strange or large or unknown charges. All paid up on time for May and Junes bill not sent yet. Hmmmm. Tried again but still no go. 😕. A friend suggested might b ACOTs computer since all the changes this week so I shut my phone off after dropping CS an email. Couple hours later getting ready for bed and thought about it and tried again. Went right through AND got my your order shipped email already today! 😁

Life is an adventure! lol. Have a totally tubular Tuesday! 🏄‍♀️
Stay inside!  You can get that jasmine on another day!
Glad you got your order in; did you get anything good?

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”