Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Re: Scrap a Day, June 5th
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:30 am
Hey Cherries!! ☺️
Lol I've been procraftinating! 😂 I have so MANY ideas and such a big mess! 😂 Mostly art journaling yesterday, but it did help my mood! It's been rainy here, perfect for arts and crafts!
I'm looking forward to working on some challenges today. I LOVE how some challenges don't have to be regular layouts, too! I keep digging into my arts and crafts and I'm having so MUCH fun!☺️
As a side note, my nephew Tucker is having surgery on his deviated septum today. He's 8. Praying for all to go well, and I'm sure it will! Feel free to throw your own prayers and kind thoughts in! 😉
Stay blessed, DCs! ☺️
Sending good thoughts to your nephew!! 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:02 pm
Same old routine out here. Iced the knee x 2. Did my homework exercises. Made some breakfast.

Now I get to sit and sit and sit.

Wind still blowing and it is warming up. Told dh we need to uncover our ac unit with temps into the 80’s in the next couple of days!

Good to be prepared for those warm temps coming your way!! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Mommytron wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:59 am
This appears so little compared to what some of you have been dealing with, but, here goes.  My DH and I received a text last night giving us 30 days notice to find a new place to board our horses.  I was shocked. I bawled like a baby, not just because this will be difficult, but because it was out of the blue. A little backstory;   The owner was gravely I’ll last year.  I didn’t know why my horses weren’t getting fed in the morning, going 14 hours without food.  Horses constantly produce stomach acid, unlike us.  Basically this causes ulcers, which my horse has suffered.  Fast forward, little things added up, and the owner doesn’t take well to suggestions, taking it as a personal affront.  So yesterday, when I asked the barn hand they hired  if we could move the manure pile over a little bit (which was 10 feet from my horses run out) she told me to text the owner.  I didn’t even get a chance.  Every little thing we asked, suggested (new barn) she threw back at us in anger.  Mind you, I worked every evening in the barn while she was ill, mucking out stalls, feeding and watering.  I never asked for a reduction in board for doing this.  I tried to keep the horses cared for and have them not have to close the barn. 

I needed a way to keep my horse tied so he didn’t get into the feed and the tools left out.  I even bought a ring to hang.  wow, she did NOT like that and got angry.  So I am very hurt.  I don’t fit in with this group, and they all talk behind peoples backs which I can’t stand.  I guess the barn hand got what she wanted.  Now she gets to bring her horses over in place of ours.  

That is awful!! I hope you have a new and much better place for your horses. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:49 pm
Hotter today than yesterday. A few errands. I did walk last night around 8pm so at least got that in. Fortunately dropping back to more average temps tomorrow throughout the weekend but more 100’s forecast next week. Oh well!

Have a less than woeful Wednesday

Yikes - temps in the 100's!! Stay cool. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

VickiR wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:19 pm
I took the morning to do a little retail therapy.  It's been a minute since I've been out and about so it was much needed.  Hit up Target, Marshall's and Dick's Sporting Goods.  The grand kids are always on my shopping list and I think I spent most of my money on them!  No worries though because I can't think of a better way to share it.

Good for you! I haven't done any retail therapy in ages (other than ACOT of course). 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

VickiR wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:19 pm
I took the morning to do a little retail therapy.  It's been a minute since I've been out and about so it was much needed.  Hit up Target, Marshall's and Dick's Sporting Goods.  The grand kids are always on my shopping list and I think I spent most of my money on them!  No worries though because I can't think of a better way to share it.

I know what you mean. I always love shopping for my grandkids!

ImageImage Image Image  

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:57 pm
Hello cherries! What.A.Day.

So I started the day with throwing the sheets in the washer and having the electrical inspector scheduled between 8am and noon today. I figured I'd work until I got notification that he was on the way, and then I'd put the girls in my office so the inspector can do his thing. I sign onto the VM and again....account is locked. :greenmad:  WTFH! This has occurred SIX other times in the last 3 months. So I put in a ticket to the Help Desk and surprisingly, I got a call back 5 minutes later and by an IT guy who hasn't helped me before. And he was knowledgeable! So he unlocked my account and actually looked at the logs for the servers and we both figured it would be best that I change my password. No big deal. So I did and I was in. Thanks dude. Moving along.....

Worked a bit until the contractors texted me at 8:45. Inspector reached out and said it would be between 10:30am and 11. Cool beans. That works for me as the pups needed dry food. PetCo opens at 9am and I can just run up there real quick and be back. No biggie. Get up there, grab what I needed, off to pay. My card's chip malfunctions. Ugh....try again...nope...one more time...I'm out....so I use the swipe feature. Uh uh. Nope. Tells me to use the chip. SMH. Finally got it to work. Sigh....

Get to my car....and I have a flat. Driver's side. FML. So I call DH....talk about f'ing timing. He JUST got out of a friggin' meeting! So I tell him....he heads towards my direction and airs it up for me. You can HEAR it HISS. So game plan...drive to Discount Tire. Ironically, I already had a scheduled appt for this Saturday at 9:15am to replace all 4 of my tires. They are 6 years old. Luckily, Discount Tire is on the other side of the freeway from PetCo. So not far. DH follows me up there and we talk to the guy DH talked to last weekend when they scheduled the appt. Move the appt to NOW and treat it as a "walk-in". DH took me home, and he went back to work.

10:45 am, electrical inspector shows up. Quick. Easy. Painless. We passed! And according to the electrician, this inspector is the "tough one". So that's cool beans. Now the contractors are scheduling the inspection with the city. Sigh......

11:10am, Discount Tire informs me that my car is ready to be picked up. Texted DH and he said that we could pick it up during lunch. Works for me. So he picked me up, we got lunch at Wing Stop, then he dropped me off at Discount Tire. Picked up my car and OMG....what a much smoother ride! I didn't feel any unbalancing. It was great! So I got home and finished up a couple of small, minor things for work. Going to try to squeeze in an upgrade. Been trying to schedule one the last 5 business days but things kept piling up and piling up and I had a couple of days where they just came completely derailed. So it'll be nice to get all of these changes I've been working on uploaded to the server so I can focus on the other things that keep piling up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

WOW! What a day you've had. Thank goodness everything worked out!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:30 am
Hey Cherries!! ☺️
Lol I've been procraftinating! 😂 I have so MANY ideas and such a big mess! 😂 Mostly art journaling yesterday, but it did help my mood! It's been rainy here, perfect for arts and crafts!
I'm looking forward to working on some challenges today. I LOVE how some challenges don't have to be regular layouts, too! I keep digging into my arts and crafts and I'm having so MUCH fun!☺️
As a side note, my nephew Tucker is having surgery on his deviated septum today. He's 8. Praying for all to go well, and I'm sure it will! Feel free to throw your own prayers and kind thoughts in! 😉
Stay blessed, DCs! ☺️

Hoping all goes well for your nephew today.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:57 pm
Hello cherries! What.A.Day.

So I started the day with throwing the sheets in the washer and having the electrical inspector scheduled between 8am and noon today. I figured I'd work until I got notification that he was on the way, and then I'd put the girls in my office so the inspector can do his thing. I sign onto the VM and again....account is locked. :greenmad:  WTFH! This has occurred SIX other times in the last 3 months. So I put in a ticket to the Help Desk and surprisingly, I got a call back 5 minutes later and by an IT guy who hasn't helped me before. And he was knowledgeable! So he unlocked my account and actually looked at the logs for the servers and we both figured it would be best that I change my password. No big deal. So I did and I was in. Thanks dude. Moving along.....

Worked a bit until the contractors texted me at 8:45. Inspector reached out and said it would be between 10:30am and 11. Cool beans. That works for me as the pups needed dry food. PetCo opens at 9am and I can just run up there real quick and be back. No biggie. Get up there, grab what I needed, off to pay. My card's chip malfunctions. Ugh....try again...nope...one more time...I'm out....so I use the swipe feature. Uh uh. Nope. Tells me to use the chip. SMH. Finally got it to work. Sigh....

Get to my car....and I have a flat. Driver's side. FML. So I call DH....talk about f'ing timing. He JUST got out of a friggin' meeting! So I tell him....he heads towards my direction and airs it up for me. You can HEAR it HISS. So game plan...drive to Discount Tire. Ironically, I already had a scheduled appt for this Saturday at 9:15am to replace all 4 of my tires. They are 6 years old. Luckily, Discount Tire is on the other side of the freeway from PetCo. So not far. DH follows me up there and we talk to the guy DH talked to last weekend when they scheduled the appt. Move the appt to NOW and treat it as a "walk-in". DH took me home, and he went back to work.

10:45 am, electrical inspector shows up. Quick. Easy. Painless. We passed! And according to the electrician, this inspector is the "tough one". So that's cool beans. Now the contractors are scheduling the inspection with the city. Sigh......

11:10am, Discount Tire informs me that my car is ready to be picked up. Texted DH and he said that we could pick it up during lunch. Works for me. So he picked me up, we got lunch at Wing Stop, then he dropped me off at Discount Tire. Picked up my car and OMG....what a much smoother ride! I didn't feel any unbalancing. It was great! So I got home and finished up a couple of small, minor things for work. Going to try to squeeze in an upgrade. Been trying to schedule one the last 5 business days but things kept piling up and piling up and I had a couple of days where they just came completely derailed. So it'll be nice to get all of these changes I've been working on uploaded to the server so I can focus on the other things that keep piling up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

What a day Brandy! Glad everything worked out ok!

ImageImage Image Image  

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I got a call early this morning from a friend/neighbor who told me that backflow inspector would be at our house in an hour. Because we have water sprinklers installed in our house, they have to be inspected on a regular basis. Thank goodness we passed, he was very nice, and his price was very reasonable. 

After he left, DH got ready to go to NJ for his lunch with former coworkers. He made it there and back safely and he had a great time!

I did this layout for the June Music Challenge.

And this is my card for the Sketch N Scrap June 5th card:
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:52 pm
I got a call early this morning from a friend/neighbor who told me that backflow inspector would be at our house in an hour. Because we have water sprinklers installed in our house, they have to be inspected on a regular basis. Thank goodness we passed, he was very nice, and his price was very reasonable. 

After he left, DH got ready to go to NJ for his lunch with former coworkers. He made it there and back safely and he had a great time!

Whew! So glad Ed made it out there safely AND back home!! I know that made you anxious.

Glad you had a nice inspector. I like nice inspectors. They make that part of life alot easier.

Gorgeous layout and card!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:52 pm

Glad your inspection went well. That is always good. Beautiful layout and card!

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Mommytron wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:59 am
This appears so little compared to what some of you have been dealing with, but, here goes.  My DH and I received a text last night giving us 30 days notice to find a new place to board our horses.  I was shocked. I bawled like a baby, not just because this will be difficult, but because it was out of the blue. A little backstory;   The owner was gravely I’ll last year.  I didn’t know why my horses weren’t getting fed in the morning, going 14 hours without food.  Horses constantly produce stomach acid, unlike us.  Basically this causes ulcers, which my horse has suffered.  Fast forward, little things added up, and the owner doesn’t take well to suggestions, taking it as a personal affront.  So yesterday, when I asked the barn hand they hired  if we could move the manure pile over a little bit (which was 10 feet from my horses run out) she told me to text the owner.  I didn’t even get a chance.  Every little thing we asked, suggested (new barn) she threw back at us in anger.  Mind you, I worked every evening in the barn while she was ill, mucking out stalls, feeding and watering.  I never asked for a reduction in board for doing this.  I tried to keep the horses cared for and have them not have to close the barn. 

I needed a way to keep my horse tied so he didn’t get into the feed and the tools left out.  I even bought a ring to hang.  wow, she did NOT like that and got angry.  So I am very hurt.  I don’t fit in with this group, and they all talk behind peoples backs which I can’t stand.  I guess the barn hand got what she wanted.  Now she gets to bring her horses over in place of ours.  

😔🥺☹️😢😓 HUGS!!!! I'll pray over this. I don't know how someone could be so cruel to an innocent creature!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee