team challenge anyone? UPDATE

Moderator: ACOT Employee

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 750

team challenge anyone? UPDATE

Post by stinkerbelle »

long ago in a galaxy far, far away, i started a team challenge on another site.  it was tons of fun and really kick-started participation in their challenge board.  obviously the challenge board here is already hopping, but i thought it might be fun to bring in an element of friendly competition.

each month you would sign up saying you want to participate, then everyone will be split into 2 (possibly more) teams, each with a captain.  then you start creating and start racking up points!  the points system is very simple and each person is responsible for keeping track of their own points.  at the end of each month, the points are all added up and a team will be declared the winner.  

would anyone be interested?

***********************UPDATE***************************************
 Since there has been lots of positive responses, I’m going to go ahead with this challenge and I hope there will be lots of DCs playing along! 

More info:
Each month there will be a sign-up thread, usually 2 weeks before the beginning of the following month.  At the end of the month, the names will be split into 2 teams, each with a team captain.*  we will start with 2 teams; if the number of players gets too big for just 2, we’ll go to three and have 3 captains.

Once the teams are announced, you start earning points for your team by doing the regular monthly challenges HERE ON ACOT ONLY!  I know many of us, myself included, do lots of challenges on social media or other sites, but unless those challenges also overlap with challenges on our boards, you can’t earn points for them. 

Each month there will be a stash list of 10 items you can add to EACH project you make, thereby upping the points potential.  Sometimes the list may also have things you can do, such as leave gallery comments or make a card, etc.

Calculating points:  everything is worth one point.  Easy peasy. You are responsible for counting up your own points!! At the end of the month you’ll PM your team captain and give them your total.

You will receive one point each for:
  • Doing any ACOT challenge
  • Posting your work to the gallery
  • 1 point for each stash item on the list that you include on your page
For example, using this page I made for the Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego challenge:

Let’s say the list contained the following: 
  • enamel dots
  • black background
  • wood veneer
  • stitching of any kind
  • doilies
  • splatters
This page would earn me 5 points.  1-doing a challenge, 1-posting to the gallery, 1-black background, 1-stitching, 1-splatters.   I hope that makes sense and that everyone is excited to play along! 

Please ask if you have any questions!!

We will have a team challenge thread each month, where you can post your work and maybe do some trash talking :D

*Team captains will be responsible for retrieving points from each of your team members at the end of the month, counting up all the points, staying in touch with your team either by PM or a thread or whatever method works for you.  Starting out, I will be a team captain so the other captain will have to get with me regarding point totals, so we can announce a winner.   Once we get all the kinks ironed out, anyone who wants to be a captain should let me know and we can make sure everyone gets a turn.
Last edited by stinkerbelle on Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Re: team challenge anyone?

Post by beachlover »

that sounds like fun, I just have to cleaqn my scrap room - the dog and cat have finally been evicted.
they make messes every day, and both are chewing on my papers, etc.  I am hoping to get a major portion of the cleaning done by next weekend, but the heat is killing me!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

Sounds to me like it would be fun.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 806

Post by Breauxlabs »

Sounds fun!
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

I would totally give this a go!! Sounds fun!!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 710

Post by SandyK1967 »

Sounds fun! I may not be able to play this month, I'm gonna be very busy. Going on an Alaskan cruise leaving on the 16th and I have to try to make a quilt in the next 2 weeks for my daughter to raffle off at a Fundraiser for Cancer event during the time I'm off. Plus pack and work lol. But I'll try to follow what's going on and how this will work!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 750

Post by stinkerbelle »

SandyK1967 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:20 pm
Sounds fun! I may not be able to play this month, I'm gonna be very busy. Going on an Alaskan cruise leaving on the 16th and I have to try to make a quilt in the next 2 weeks for my daughter to raffle off at a Fundraiser for Cancer event during the time I'm off. Plus pack and work lol. But I'll try to follow what's going on and how this will work!

wow, that's a lot on your plate!  good luck!

i wouldn't start the challenge until next month; just putting out feelers now, so you won't be missing anything :)
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
johnniesgirl12
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by johnniesgirl12 »

Sounds interesting!  Count me in - let's do this!
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 710

Post by SandyK1967 »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:46 pm
SandyK1967 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:20 pm

wow, that's a lot on your plate!  good luck!

i wouldn't start the challenge until next month; just putting out feelers now, so you won't be missing anything :)

Oh ok, great! I'll keep an eye on it thanks Stacy!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
CraftingMyStories
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by CraftingMyStories »

I'm interested! Sounds like a great motivator.
Cheers, Lydia
17/100 papers 

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 524

Post by SandyJay »

I am in, as much as this time of year allows.   😁
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 519

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

beachlover wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:04 pm
that sounds like fun, I just have to cleaqn my scrap room - the dog and cat have finally been evicted.
they make messes every day, and both are chewing on my papers, etc.  I am hoping to get a major portion of the cleaning done by next weekend, but the heat is killing me!
Awwww!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 519

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I'm interested in seeing how this goes! I'm too busy to play along right now, but I love the idea! ☺️
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

I’d be interested, as soon as my leg will let me get back in my little crafty corner of the world. I am hoping sooner, rather than later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MaganL
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 281

Post by MaganL »

I would be interested in trying
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

This sounds like fun! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1800

Post by aheatfan »

Sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing the details  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 137

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

I'm intrigued.  Would love to know more details as well.  
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

This sounds very interesting!  I'll give it a go!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1037

Post by love2stamp »

I would be interested!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”