Any cherries use this mat?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Any cherries use this mat?

Post by StacyLee »

Hey cherries, I’d love a review from any of you that have one of these grip mats from Waffle Flower. I’ve seen some online creators use it and am intrigued, particularly for ink blending and stenciling 🤔. I currently use a magnetic mat from Wendy Vecchi.

If you have one of these Waffle Flower mats do you like it?  Any pros or cons? Thanks cherries! 🍒 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Re: Any cherries use this mat?

Post by Monroe1218 »

I'm interested to know as well... I also use the magnetic Wendy Vecchi board but have looked at this one in several videos.
Rebecca

Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

I see it allot around the community. I was wondering as well if it's worth putting it on my wishlist 🤔
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

I shy away from the sticky mats.  I had a not so good experience with the Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp that I bought.
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

Yes! I have one and love it! I use it all the time to stencil and inkblend. I have the one that fits the MISTI and I can say bye bye to stupid magnets, never use them anymore. Highly recommend!! 

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:26 pm
I shy away from the sticky mats.  I had a not so good experience with the Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp that I bought.

You would probably do much better with the grip mat. It isnt "sticky" its like a giant stamp ....so unlike the Stick N Stamp Mat, which is sticky and get hair or stuff on it, this will not get gummed up. I have both and use both for different things, but my Stick And Stamp mat has "dog glitter" on it that won't come off..so I'm guessing that is probably what you had trouble with. 
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 137

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

SMMishler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 am
Yes! I have one and love it! I use it all the time to stencil and inkblend. I have the one that fits the MISTI and I can say bye bye to stupid magnets, never use them anymore. Highly recommend!! 

What a great idea to use one in the MISTI!  All my magnets have broken and this is a great solution to keeping the cardstock in place.  You're a genius!!
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

SMMishler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am
VickiR wrote:

You would probably do much better with the grip mat. It isnt "sticky" its like a giant stamp ....so unlike the Stick N Stamp Mat, which is sticky and get hair or stuff on it, this will not get gummed up. I have both and use both for different things, but my Stick And Stamp mat has "dog glitter" on it that won't come off..so I'm guessing that is probably what you had trouble with.   
Thanks, Sara.  I will look into one of those mats.  My Neenah cardstock stuck and tore every time I tried to use it.

Tam I Am
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 25

Post by Tam I Am »

I do not have one.
However, it's just photopolymer (what's used to make the higher quality clear stamps) so if you have some large sized clear stamps, you could play around with it using the back side. It would at least give you an idea/feel for it.

ETA: however, make sure you read up on the mat and apply any tips and warnings.

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

SMMishler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 am

Ohhhh, I didn’t think about using it in the Misti! Sold! 😁. Thank you for the info.
Stacy

ImageImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

VickiR wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:50 am
SMMishler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am
VickiR wrote:

Thanks, Sara.  I will look into one of those mats.  My Neenah cardstock stuck and tore every time I tried to use it.

I just used the Brutus Monroe mat for the first time, and it was super sticky. Hard to get my cardstock off without tearing it and oh my gosh, "Dog Glitter" I love that term! My mat is covered in it. I'm hoping it will be less sticky with use. Sounds like I'm stuck with the dog glitter...pun intended! 

Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”