Do You Traveler's Notebook??

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 141

Do You Traveler's Notebook??

Post by CraftyDoer »

Happy Sunday Cherries!

I am on a new endeavor and want to explore traveler's notebooks. Can anyone guide me with links to options because I can't seem to find anything smaller than a 6x8... I cannot wait to share what I'm up to!

...okay, I guess I can't wait to share what I'm up to so this is what I have planned LOL:

I have been putting off the Picture Yourself challenge since it began but I REALLY want to do it. SandyJay made a beautiful LO & journal entry that inspired me to take on this challenge, not for me but for my girls. I want to start from the beginning and complete every Picture Yourself challenge in a smaller album (because well, you know... it can be SO challenging to scrap one self; hoping to get through it by scrapping myself in a small version lol)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED  😊
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Re: Do You Traveler's Notebook??

Post by VickiR »

This sounds like a wonderful idea for your girls, Jess.  I have TN journals from P-13 that I use.  One size is 4 1/4" x 8 1/4" and the other is 5 3/4" x 8 1/4".  I love both sizes and they are relatively inexpensive.  I will take and share photos.

Here's a link to the ones in the store... P-13 Travel Notebook
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Here are two of the 4 that I currently have.  One has a title, "Beautiful".  Every page has a quote with beautiful in it.  The other is a mish mash of moments that I wanted to scrap.  No title for that one yet.  A third one is a December Daily with 4 unfinished pages...LOL!  The 4th one is still blank.  Wallet size or smaller photos work perfectly in them!  There are  page spreads in my gallery.

CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:46 pm
This sounds like a wonderful idea for your girls, Jess.  I have TN journals from P-13 that I use.  One size is 4 1/4" x 8 1/4" and the other is 5 3/4" x 8 1/4".  I love both sizes and they are relatively inexpensive.  I will take and share photos.

Thanks Vicki!! First and foremost, I love the price tag lol I peeked at your spreads and I love them! I like the slightly bigger one. I want to take a quick look at the binders with the six rings before I commit. Any chance you can link that for me pleeease? I'm guessing they're planners but what do I know lol

Image ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Jess-- sort of! I repurposed a planner I found on clearance for 2.50 and I have not been that diligent to keep up since I started it..... I need to get back to it and add more things.  I covered the planner paper with scrappy paper. I also pulled out some of them as I didn't need the whole year of papers.  Here is the cover... this and the completed pages are in my gallery

I love your idea!! your project- however you decide to do it- is going to be fabulous!!! 

Susan

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JessM wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:13 pm
VickiR wrote:

Thanks Vicki!! First and foremost, I love the price tag lol I peeked at your spreads and I love them! I like the slightly bigger one. I want to take a quick look at the binders with the six rings before I commit. Any chance you can link that for me pleeease? I'm guessing they're planners but what do I know lol   
Hmmm...did i post something somewhere about a binder with six rings?  Not sure I know what you mean.  However, I do think that something with rings would be sturdier.  The smaller ones that I have are stapled and one of them came apart.  I used heavy waxed twine and made a new binding.  I do have the Sizzix journal cover die from  Eileen Hull too that I have used.  

49 & Market has some with rings.  They are nice because you can take the pages out to work on them.  I'm currently working on a mini wedding album for our grandson that has plastic sleeves and I really like it because the pages are protected.  I think it is a Project Life that I got in the daily deals a while back.  I like Sue's idea of using a planner too.  They are always reduced for quick sale after the first few months of a new year.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm
JessM wrote:
VickiR wrote:

Hmmm...did i post something somewhere about a binder with six rings?  Not sure I know what you mean.  However, I do think that something with rings would be sturdier.  The smaller ones that I have are stapled and one of them came apart.  I used heavy waxed twine and made a new binding.  I do have the Sizzix journal cover die from  Eileen Hull too that I have used.  

49 & Market has some with rings.  They are nice because you can take the pages out to work on them.  I'm currently working on a mini wedding album for our grandson that has plastic sleeves and I really like it because the pages are protected.  I think it is a Project Life that I got in the daily deals a while back.  I like Sue's idea of using a planner too.  They are always reduced for quick sale after the first few months of a new year.

Not Project Life.  It is a Simple Stories album.... Robin's Egg Stripe.   These are the pocket pages

Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 396

Post by Trek »

it’s very easy to make such an album yourself and in the size you need.
Katerina
CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

Trek wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:37 pm
it’s very easy to make such an album yourself and in the size you need.

I've made mini paper photo albums so I got the cover down. As far as the binding system, I use a paper stack the deck type hinge for them. I think I really want sleeves for this project and I wish I could make my own album! I attempted to make one with a ring system before but there were special tools I needed (from what I found doing my own research) and ended up just buying a ring album.

Image ImageImageImage
CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 pm
VickiR wrote:
JessM wrote:

Not Project Life.  It is a Simple Stories album.... Robin's Egg Stripe.   These are the pocket pages

YES! I've been eyeballing these especially at $12.59! I really like that they come with sleeves and pockets pages. I may go with this one! THANK YOU so much  💕  

Image ImageImageImage
CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

suewho372 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:39 pm
Hi Jess-- sort of! I repurposed a planner I found on clearance for 2.50 and I have not been that diligent to keep up since I started it..... I need to get back to it and add more things.  I covered the planner paper with scrappy paper. I also pulled out some of them as I didn't need the whole year of papers.  Here is the cover... this and the completed pages are in my gallery

I love your idea!! your project- however you decide to do it- is going to be fabulous!!! 

This is such a great idea! I've always adored the rings on these type of planners but I'm not much of a planner.. I'll have to pocket this idea, it's a good one! Thank you  💕

Image ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JessM wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:22 pm
VickiR wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 pm
VickiR wrote:

Not Project Life.  It is a Simple Stories album.... Robin's Egg Stripe.   These are the pocket pages.   

YES! I've been eyeballing these especially at $12.59! I really like that they come with sleeves and pockets pages. I may go with this one! THANK YOU so much  💕    
I think you will really like the SS albums.  You can always order the pocket pages and start on them and order the album covers later.  The striped ones are pretty and less expensive than the kraft board ones.

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

JessM wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:24 pm
suewho372 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:39 pm

This is such a great idea! I've always adored the rings on these type of planners but I'm not much of a planner.. I'll have to pocket this idea, it's a good one! Thank you  💕

I’m not a planner person either- I cover the pages with the things I want on them 😊
Susan

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I love seeing these projects! 😍 I
love the idea of a travelers notebook or altered planner! I've altered planners for mini albums before and loved it!😊
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 521

Post by SandyJay »

Oh, Jessica, I am glad I inspired you!  I am humbled, thank you.  When I was 14 my mother passed away.  I wanted anything that had her writing on it, and I know how precious anything of hers felt to me.  We are building treasures for our children to find, love will stretch across the void of emptiness.  I am an empath and very sentimental, please excuse my mushiness!  LOL 

I hope you find what you are looking for, and I can’t wait to see what you will do!  Now, to go see what these other ladies have done…
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

The only issue I have with notebooks is this: craft supplies are so very pricey and those notebook types I don't see holding up. I think they'll be falling apart before I personally and done with it let alone seeing and reading deep thoughts by my family after I'm gone. I could see myself using a 6x8 album, but that's as weak as id go with any album.
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JessM wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:24 pm
Happy Sunday Cherries!

I am on a new endeavor and want to explore traveler's notebooks. Can anyone guide me with links to options because I can't seem to find anything smaller than a 6x8... I cannot wait to share what I'm up to!

...okay, I guess I can't wait to share what I'm up to so this is what I have planned LOL:

I have been putting off the Picture Yourself challenge since it began but I REALLY want to do it. SandyJay made a beautiful LO & journal entry that inspired me to take on this challenge, not for me but for my girls. I want to start from the beginning and complete every Picture Yourself challenge in a smaller album (because well, you know... it can be SO challenging to scrap one self; hoping to get through it by scrapping myself in a small version lol)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED  😊
Jess, after reading through the replies in this thread, I'm thinking this would be a great challenge for you to host!  Make it a 12 month or more challenge?  I'm in for the winner's GC or it wouldn't really need a prize.  Just a Topic Thread to follow progress in.  Maybe an album in the gallery.  What say you?  I'm certainly inspired by this and thank both you and Sandy for this idea.

CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

VickiR wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 pm
JessM wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:24 pm
Happy Sunday Cherries!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED  😊
Jess, after reading through the replies in this thread, I'm thinking this would be a great challenge for you to host!  Make it a 12 month or more challenge?  I'm in for the winner's GC or it wouldn't really need a prize.  Just a Topic Thread to follow progress in.  Maybe an album in the gallery.  What say you?  I'm certainly inspired by this and thank both you and Sandy for this idea.

I would be happy to host this challenge!!! It'll keep me accountable to LOL Can you PM with details and anything I need to know to host it?

Image ImageImageImage
Natalie Dill
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 729

Post by Natalie Dill »

I love using Life Crafted albums - D-rings with page protectors or can be used without PP.
Unfortunately they're a small business exclusive and only available at Citrus Twist Kits. I wish she would do wholesale and they could carry them here. I think they would be a huge hit.
I do think another company has a knock off similar, but I have heard they're not as nice as the CTK albums. I'm not sure the company - maybe Freckled Fawn? Or did they go out of business?

I have tried many kinds of TNs but these are by far my favorite b/c I'm a D-ring girly for sure.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftyDoer »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:26 pm
I love using Life Crafted albums - D-rings with page protectors or can be used without PP.
Unfortunately they're a small business exclusive and only available at Citrus Twist Kits. I wish she would do wholesale and they could carry them here. I think they would be a huge hit.
I do think another company has a knock off similar, but I have heard they're not as nice as the CTK albums. I'm not sure the company - maybe Freckled Fawn? Or did they go out of business?

I have tried many kinds of TNs but these are by far my favorite b/c I'm a D-ring girly for sure.
You're the second person who has recommended CTK! Freckled Fawn is still in business lol They have a more affordable option however, I too prefer the D-rings!

I wonder how the Life Crafted albums compare to the Snap albums... any idea? I believe the covers to the Snap albums are chipboard and they don't look very sturdy. I see the Life Crafted covers and they look sturdier even though they may be chipboard as well. 

Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”