Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

confession time
alright, it's time for scrappy confessions.  anything goes...

*i have too much paper.  i scrap 8.5x11 almost exclusively so i rarely use an entire sheet, so i have mounds and mounds of scraps.  i will continue to buy more paper because it brings me joy and will have no regrets!!!

*sometimes i like making page kits and base pages more than actually scrapping

*i don't like doing double-page spreads.  i just don't.  i will sometimes, but i never enjoy it.

*i love watching scrappy youtube videos.  but i have a lot of pet peeves about them.  i have unsubscribed for various ridiculous reasons like too much lip smacking, the sound of the person's voice, too much waving hands around instead of getting down to the point of the video, and even someone who had arms so hairy they distracted me too much.

*i use swear words on my LOs.  i swear a lot in real life so...(and i'm not offended if this offends you lol)

*i am glad that finally FINALLY there is no "right" way to scrapbook (looking at you CM).  whatever you do, whether it be digital, pocket pages, traveler's notebooks, junk journaling, card making, ICAD or other mixed media projects...i'm just glad whatever you do, you can call it scrapbooking and all the different styles and types are embraced.

i'm quite sure i have many more scrappy sins to confess to but how about you?
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: confession time
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  

*i dont keep scraps that are smaller than 1/4 of a paper

*i dont do as many challenges as i could cuz i dont like being boxed in or doing things just cuz i can finish a challenge by doing it

*i have an ungodly amount of supplies that i need to use more of

*i prefer a messy scrap area

*i almost never do handwritten journaling...i dont like the look of it..lol  i also dont do as much journaling as i maybe should because i also dont always like the look of journaling on the page...but i do note the details in a notebook

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

LOL!!!!  I LOVE YOUR CONFESSIONS!!!! I share in many of them...like unsubscribing because of someone's voice, UGH!  I am right there! 
And Carrie's Un Godly amount of supplies, messy scrap area,  and not doing a challenge just because she "can" ---yep---ME TOO! 

**I re did my scraproom about 10 years ago-and I boxed up all my supplies and put them in the attic.  I NEVER took any of it down-and yet I have more than my childrens' children with ever use in my scrap are NOW> Lord only knows what is up in my attic!! LOL . (DEFINITELY all of my CM stuff)

**I have a tendency to get obsessed with something and buy WAY too much...like flowers- I have 4 million scrappy florals. Like stickles...I have about 60 bottles... Like paper-I have it all- and my current obsession...the tiny sequins and clay mixes that I can use to make shakers.  LOVE! and I now have more than any 1 person can ever use. 

**I am not a trend follower.  I honestly don't care what is "Popular" or trending...I will not alter my whole style just to incorporate the latest trend.  

** I AM A LAZY LAZY LAZY scrapper!!!  You won't catch me stitching every letter of a long title, or anything else that takes hours to complete.  It is WAY cool-but I am lazy.  I stitched a large leaf once and OMG!!!! It took forever!!!!!
If I can't do it sitting at my desk within a reasonable amount of time- don't expect me to do it. lol 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I think we can all relate to most of your confessions!

I have 4 containers of scraps...patterned paper, cardstock pieces larger than 4-5 inches, cardstock pieces I can use for little die cuts, and specialty papers.
And, the patterned paper....ugh!  I recently donated 275 sheets to the grab table at a crop and have more for a crop in November.  Just sayin'...

I never make kits and very rarely do a 2 page LO.  I can't remember the last time I did that.

I watch crafting videos on MUTE!  LOL!  Only turn the volume on if something is questionable.

And, I do my own thing with scrapbooking!  I'm with Carrie on the challenges.  If it's something I have a photo that will work and I have time, I'll do it.  I don't do them to see how many I can accomplish.  I'm a slow scrapper.
    ImageImage

Scrapqueen141

Cherry Bing

Scrappy confessions:

I struggle scrapping without a challenge to inspire me.

In fact I'm challenge obsessed. I will often quite scrapping if I have finished all the challenges that I wanted to do for the month.

I am guilty of being obsessed over a scrappy product, like frames and overlays!!!

I hate journaling - the only way I journal is to use my Cricut to write on a diecut banner/flag/tag. I do not like my handwriting.

I keep all my scraps, unless they are too small to use in the Cricut - but that has resulted in too many containers holding my many cardstock scraps. I will never change holding onto my pattern paper scraps which I keep organized in ziplock sandwich bags with the paper stack written on the outside. 

I'm lazy too, I have a tone of ink pads and stamps but it's messy and takes to much time so I rarely used them. 

And my last confession is that I do not like mixed media - I literally groan when I see a challenge asking me to spray ink or used some sort of mixed media on a project. 
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

you naughty scrappers!  lol i love your confessions, keep 'em coming!
*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:18 am
I think we can all relate to most of your confessions!

I have 4 containers of scraps...patterned paper, cardstock pieces larger than 4-5 inches, cardstock pieces I can use for little die cuts, and specialty papers.
And, the patterned paper....ugh!  I recently donated 275 sheets to the grab table at a crop and have more for a crop in November.  Just sayin'...

I never make kits and very rarely do a 2 page LO.  I can't remember the last time I did that.

I watch crafting videos on MUTE!  LOL!  Only turn the volume on if something is questionable.

And, I do my own thing with scrapbooking!  I'm with Carrie on the challenges.  If it's something I have a photo that will work and I have time, I'll do it.  I don't do them to see how many I can accomplish.  I'm a slow scrapper.

i have about 3 used priority boxes full of paper to get rid of so i feel your pain!
*Stacy*  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

This is fun!

I’m very different in many ways.

I love challenges because they get me out of my box and I usually end up loving the results.

I keep scraps only if they’re big enough to journal on. And I keep them with their coordinating papers so I USE them more than ever.

I don’t watch many videos because they usually annoy me with their “let’s wait for more people to join” or they aren’t getting down to what they’re actually supposed to be teaching.

I journal all the time. I hated my handwriting when I started this obsession about 22 years ago. I have quite a few pictures from my grandfather that have only names and dates if I’m lucky. There’s one of 3 women standing in the back of the train all decked out and it says Philadelphia Exposition and a year. I’ve done as much research as I can think of and can’t find anything on it for that year. It’s a fabulous picture but I’ll never finish the layout because there’s no information on it.

As for taking a lot of time on layouts I will occasionally do one that takes longer if I feel it worth it. I really love the look of sewing on a layout but I hate sewing. Lol! But I have 6 boxes of embroidery thread because need every color so it will match!

And I’m even more addicted today than I was when I first started scrapping!!! It’s my therapy and my creative release!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

ok -

I hate putting anything "wet" on my page so most mixed media is out - I just don't like it when it wrinkles while drying

I have kinda gotten addicted to the challenges and find it hard to motivate myself now without a sketch or a challenge. Not sure why.

Even though I hostess the journal challenge I still struggle with journaling myself - I think that is one of the reasons I host it. Makes me more aware and I learn from the entries.

And speaking of the journal challenge - I'm running outta ideas after 1.5 years.

I will NEVER use all the paper and supplies I have but I still buy more. In other respects I am a minimalist, but I'm definitely a scrappy hoarder.

I tend to fall behind in leaving love in the gallery. I think I need to make rule for myself - such as: no posting a new layout to the gallery until I've left some love. That said - I'm gonna go leave some love RIGHT NOW!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:30 pm
ok -

I hate putting anything "wet" on my page so most mixed media is out - I just don't like it when it wrinkles while drying

I have kinda gotten addicted to the challenges and find it hard to motivate myself now without a sketch or a challenge. Not sure why.

Even though I hostess the journal challenge I still struggle with journaling myself - I think that is one of the reasons I host it. Makes me more aware and I learn from the entries.

And speaking of the journal challenge - I'm running outta ideas after 1.5 years.

I will NEVER use all the paper and supplies I have but I still buy more. In other respects I am a minimalist, but I'm definitely a scrappy hoarder.

I tend to fall behind in leaving love in the gallery. I think I need to make rule for myself - such as: no posting a new layout to the gallery until I've left some love. That said - I'm gonna go leave some love RIGHT NOW!

i am very much a who/what/where kind of journaler and i'm perfectly ok with it.  i ain't no hallmark card!  

i think if you're running out of ideas for the challenge, maybe it's time for the challenge to be done  😉

i love doing challenges!  i used to run a team challenge on another site and when that ended, i was actually in a scrapping slump for at least 6 months if not longer.  i'm definitely motivated by them...and i do challenges i don't even like, just to say i did it (very opposite of some of the other responses here) because lord knows i have enough paper to do allllll the challenges for the next 50 years lol so i totally get how you feel.
*Stacy*  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I saw the title of this post and was ready with my alibi! 😂 😂 😂

This episode of Scrappy Confessions....

I have way too many rolls of washi tapes. I have TWO Husky style storage containers that DH bought from Home Depot for me PLUS a small container JUST for my pet washi tape and another small one just for Christmas. I also have a good 2-3 dozen just "laying around" the scrap room, hanging out with scrappy goodies like paper.

I keep buying TH inks and don't use them enough. It used to be Tattered Angels mist but I have moved on! 😂

I will use a collection until all is left are scraps. If it's a decent size - larger than 4x4 OR at least 12X2, I'll keep it and toss the rest. I always have matching embellies left over and they normally go into a drawer that I have set up for just random embellies.

I have a cricut so I can cut out my own titles....but does that stop me from buying Thickers and other alphas? NOT a chance! LOL

I love sketches! I usually stray...but it gives me a good start when I've got photos I want to scrap...just not sure of placement

I perfer to buy blank envelopes and bonus if they come with blank cardstock cards. I have TWO different size WRMKs envelope boards AND a cricut...so I can easily make my own...but I'm lazy. I love making cards though...just don't ask for a matching envelope! 😂
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:31 am
alright, it's time for scrappy confessions.  anything goes...

*i have too much paper.  i scrap 8.5x11 almost exclusively so i rarely use an entire sheet, so i have mounds and mounds of scraps.  i will continue to buy more paper because it brings me joy and will have no regrets!!!

*sometimes i like making page kits and base pages more than actually scrapping

*i don't like doing double-page spreads.  i just don't.  i will sometimes, but i never enjoy it.

*i love watching scrappy youtube videos.  but i have a lot of pet peeves about them.  i have unsubscribed for various ridiculous reasons like too much lip smacking, the sound of the person's voice, too much waving hands around instead of getting down to the point of the video, and even someone who had arms so hairy they distracted me too much.

*i use swear words on my LOs.  i swear a lot in real life so...(and i'm not offended if this offends you lol)

*i am glad that finally FINALLY there is no "right" way to scrapbook (looking at you CM).  whatever you do, whether it be digital, pocket pages, traveler's notebooks, junk journaling, card making, ICAD or other mixed media projects...i'm just glad whatever you do, you can call it scrapbooking and all the different styles and types are embraced.

i'm quite sure i have many more scrappy sins to confess to but how about you?
You have brought a lot of life to the board!! I have loved reading all the posts!! I have to agree with some of these and had a BIG laugh about the hairy arms. lol!!!

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Agree with Joannie that you have put a lot into the board asking and sharing different topics! Loving them!

Small confession— I get busy and sometimes I read and do not post… lurking around lol
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Confessions of a scrapper:

1. I do collect and sometimes rarely use….anything and everything : Snowflakes- trees- leaves- puppy— I can’t help myself.

2. I do not journal on the front of my layouts. I have sometimes done it for challenges that required it. When I first started on the board I hosted the journaling challenge for awhile because I thought I had to do that.
Soon I realized that I had to do ME and I do tell the story on the back.

3. I struggle with challenges many times as I have trouble fitting my style into requirements. I do think that everyone has fantastic challenges and ideas. I can sometimes make them work.

4. I am typically a slow scrapper.

5. I have more supplies than I will ever use… but it deter me from buying more…. What if one day all the stores have to close???

6. I keep scraps because I do use them to make small albums- for cards- for lots of things… I think I’m a paper hoarder.

7. My love of scrappy paper has spilled into the wrapping paper works and I sometimes buy wrapping paper specifically to scrap with.

Lol I better stop now…
Susan

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Alright, here goes:

1.  I make purchases just to have a complete set of things. This is something I am really trying to stop doing.  Dang, Tim Holtz...

2. I like organizing my supplies more than using them.

3. It sometimes takes me days to complete one 12x12 layout.  I will change things and let them sit before actually gluing it down. 

4. I struggle with challenges as I struggle with scrapping out of order - I'm Chronologically challenged.  This is also why I have not started my youth or earlier nor scrapped my current life.  I am stuck in 2017... right now, lol!  I am working on changing this but have to get in my room to try. 

5. I must have a clean space to scrap with no type of video/tv playing.  Music is fine.  I get distracted and never scrap otherwise. 

6. I can easily agree with one if not more of each person's current confessions.  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

See, THIS IS WHY I came back to scrappy life!! 😂 y'all!
Nobody gets it! I love y'all Cherries and tell my therapist, too! 😂
ALL! Relatable! Confessions!
Lol Here I go:

*After NOT scrapping for several years AND having major life changes, I slowly started playing with my arts and crafts again and then one day was like, I haven't scrapbooked in ages.
THEN when I found ACOT:
*I'm becoming one of those scrappers who has more layouts than albums, and I'm OK with that right now.
*I'm CONSTANTLY creating MORE embellishments, or backgrounds, OR mixed media journals and collages etc.
*I work on too MANY projects at once, and NOW have too MANY supplies! I say too MANY because there's STILL a zillion other things that I want but I am out of space and money and I JUST need to do something related to arts and crafts everyday.
* Sometimes I talk to much, and I want to go back to old layouts, and do a bunch of journaling and tuck it in behind the page.
* I LOVE journaling and hidden journaling.
*I have a ZILLION pictures that aren't printed, or that I want to print in black and white/sepia.
* I have a storage tote full of ephemera like programs etc, that I STILL want to scrap.
* I LOVE to make kits!!!! I love to add stuff to them and I love to challenge myself to use them and I LOVE challenges!!!
* I have arts and crafts supplies in the outside shed storage..... AND in the storage unit storage and in the house and currently, ALL over the table.
*Arts and crafts are my therapy AND my life!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

oh, man, oh so many:

-Like others, I do not like challenges.  It makes me feel pressured.

-I feel like I scrap "simple" so it doesn't measure up (or isn't good enough) to a lot of what I see other people do.  

-I very rarely watch youtube scrappers - they make things too complicated & hard

-I don't do trendy or popular, only what I like.

-I have tons of ink, but hate stamps LOL  I do use them mostly for inking edges. 

-After the last few years, I struggle to take time to scrap.   

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Confessions of a scrapper

*I like some challenges like sketches and lifts-  they help kick start me or use a new technique. Not so "recipe" challenges - if it says I have to have 5 things - I end up with 4 and think that the 5th item will ruin the LO.

* I save ALL my scraps. Some I keep with the original collection until there isn't much left; others go with my collection of scraps. I save so much because I keep thinking that the smaller pieces can be used on cards - then I forget about them when doing cards.

* I have enough stash to last the rest of my life but keep ordering more new papers and embellies! I have taken to purging items twice a year and giving them to a teacher I know so I get +++ for that.

* I love stencils and have a big stash of them - some of which I have not used. This goes for stamps too. 

* Many times when I sit down to scrap I spend half of my time looking for an item I had several minutes before. 

* I don't watch many YouTube videos - I can use that time scrapping.

* I journal on almost all of my LOs with my photos. Those for the grandkids and great-grands not so much - just a date - though I leave room for them to journal. Some LOs for my son I will get him to do the journaling. 

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh boy....I have just a few. 

I really like the challenges, it has pushed me to do things I may not otherwise have tried. It also has pushed me to document things that may have stayed in the box. 

I am a very fast scrapper, I have a very short attention span so anything longer than an hour or so is probably not going to happen, though on occasion I will spend longer.

I am a little bit nuts about organization and matching.  I absolutely cannot scrap if my room or even my house is messy.  

I think journaling is the most important part of my layouts and I am ok with my handwriting (I teach kindergarten so it's pretty good, lol)

I always say I am going to leave love on my challenges as the entries come in but I am always scrambling at the end of the month.  

I came to ACOT during the beginning of the pandemic and truly feel that it gave me sanity and hope. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:37 pm
I saw the title of this post and was ready with my alibi! 😂 😂 😂

This episode of Scrappy Confessions....

I have way too many rolls of washi tapes. I have TWO Husky style storage containers that DH bought from Home Depot for me PLUS a small container JUST for my pet washi tape and another small one just for Christmas. I also have a good 2-3 dozen just "laying around" the scrap room, hanging out with scrappy goodies like paper.

I keep buying TH inks and don't use them enough. It used to be Tattered Angels mist but I have moved on! 😂 I STILL HAVE SOME OF MY TATTERED ANGELS MISTS JUST SAYING.................... HEHEHEHEHEHE VALERIE

I will use a collection until all is left are scraps. If it's a decent size - larger than 4x4 OR at least 12X2, I'll keep it and toss the rest. I always have matching embellies left over and they normally go into a drawer that I have set up for just random embellies.

I have a cricut so I can cut out my own titles....but does that stop me from buying Thickers and other alphas? NOT a chance! LOL

I love sketches! I usually stray...but it gives me a good start when I've got photos I want to scrap...just not sure of placement

I perfer to buy blank envelopes and bonus if they come with blank cardstock cards. I have TWO different size WRMKs envelope boards AND a cricut...so I can easily make my own...but I'm lazy. I love making cards though...just don't ask for a matching envelope! 😂

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee