preferred adhesive?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 750

preferred adhesive?

Post by stinkerbelle »

what do you like to use to stick pretty paper together?

i’ve been using my ATG for probably 15 yrs and swear by it. for liquid glue i use scotch tacky glue in a fine line bottle. i have a fear of things not sticking long term so i use this on anything that claims to be sticky, from thickers to enamel dots. and occasionally i’ll break out the glue dots. for dimension i love the scrapbook adhesives squares and i also have some foam strips.

how about you?
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Re: preferred adhesive?

Post by Monroe1218 »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ATG and have been using it for at least 15 years.  For things that I can't use the ATG on I love the Nuvo deluxe adhesive clear drying craft glue.  It's got the best precision tip and the hold it amazing!
Rebecca

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1720

Post by QueenBee89 »

I have an ATG and I use the clear blue bottle Tombow glue for little things!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

I use the Tombow Mono runner with the Permanent adhesive.  It is so easy.  I also use Zots glue dots for thicker embellishments and fabric items. 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

I am another ATG lover.  Nothing ever comes off.  For wet adhesive I use Art Glitter glue. and no it is not glittery.  And I use pop dots or foam adhesive for dimension. 
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

I use the E-Z Runner adhesive tape for paper/cardstock, and for embellies and other things I mostly use either Glue Dots or my Zig Glue pens -- which I have four different sizes of.   😁
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

I use all different things. usually what's on sale or what I have currently. Sometimes I use some type of tape, other times I use some type of glue. I use glue dots for things that is good for. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I love my EZ Runner Grand, Tombow Mono liquid, foam adhesives... I also love staples and paint mine lol.
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 95

Post by DrSonja »

Art Glitter glue with the fine tip applicator is my go-to wet adhesive.
ATG for large paper-to-paper applications that don't require precision. 
Sook-Wang (Scor-Tape) double sided tear tape for more precise paper to paper applications. I have 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" and 2" wide rolls.
Glue dots for heavier embellishments. Very occasionally, glue gun for heavy, irregularly shaped items.
Foam dots for light-weight embellishments or adding dimension.
TomBow Removeable (green) for temporary positioning (masks, die cutting, adjusting layouts before final application). I also use washi tape for temporary positioning of dies or foiling plates.
I've tried a variety of glue pens for small areas but find the glue flow is inconsistent and the pens tend to dry up before I have used much of the product so it seems a waste of money. In a pinch, for tiny spots I just dab a toothpick into a puddle of glue and use that to apply where needed.

Image  Image 
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

ATG, Scotch Tacky Glue in fineliner, Tombow Mono Aqua, and I love using foam with a backer for dimensional purposes.  Smaller stuff I use foam tape. 

I must say I will use just about anything but the above are my favorites and what I have an inventory of.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

My ATG, for glue - BearlyArt (works really well) and for foam - I'm not too picky as I reinforce it 
CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 141

Post by CraftyDoer »

I use Art Glitter Glue as well! I use it for everything! I used those Elmer's Glue double sided adhesive rollers once for my very first mini paper photo album. I used Scor Tape to bind it and the rolling tape for matting and it fell apart. I was so discouraged lol I like the durability of Scor Tape but I think it's too thick. I'm looking forward to trying Cherry Tape as soon as I run out of Scor Tape! Can anyone tell me whether Bearly Glue dries clear? TIA!
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

JessM wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:03 pm
I use Art Glitter Glue as well! I use it for everything! I used those Elmer's Glue double sided adhesive rollers once for my very first mini paper photo album. I used Scor Tape to bind it and the rolling tape for matting and it fell apart. I was so discouraged lol I like the durability of Scor Tape but I think it's too thick. I'm looking forward to trying Cherry Tape as soon as I run out of Scor Tape! Can anyone tell me whether Bearly Glue dries clear? TIA!
Jess I’m with you!
I used to use the adhesive rollers when I started out… then in 2019 I noticed that things were coming apart !
I had started using art glitter glue and during Covid lockdown I went through every album ! All good now and usually that is all I use. I did get some Nuvo glue since Jess and Rachel mentioned it doesn’t get your fingers all sticky. It seems to about the same.
Susan

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 472

Post by GinniG »

I use my ATG for almost everything. For liquid glue I use the Tonic Studios Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. It holds better than anything else I've tried and I've tried a LOT! For dimension I use the foam Cherry Tape. I can cut it to any size I want and even cut it in half whichever way I want. And they don't fall off like the little squares do.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

i have used scrapbookadhesive ez runner tape for YEARS...love love it
i also use the elmers sticky tape runner
CraftyDoer
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 141

Post by CraftyDoer »

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:27 pm
JessM wrote:
Jess I’m with you!
I used to use the adhesive rollers when I started out… then in 2019 I noticed that things were coming apart !
I had started using art glitter glue and during Covid lockdown I went through every album ! All good now and usually that is all I use. I did get some Nuvo glue since Jess and Rachel mentioned it doesn’t get your fingers all sticky. It seems to about the same.

Thanks Sue! I wonder how Nuvo compared to Art Glitter since the girls rave about it. I was beyond devastated when my albums fell apart. I didn't even bother to put it back together like you did. I'm glad you were able to salvage them! I still have them b/c hey, they were my first ones! l like to look back at the progress I've made in creating albums since then lol
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 449

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I USE THE XRYON MEGA RUNNER LOVE THEIR TAPE RUNNERS.............. I USED TO USE DOT TAPE RUNNERS BUT FOUND THEY DIDN'T HOLD UP VERY WELL SO I HAD TO REDO A FEW THINGS IN MY BOOKS...................... I ALSO USE FOAM TAPE FOR OTHER THINGS TO GIVE IT THE LITTLE EXTRA SOMETHING TO THE PAGE.................... RIGHT NOW, I'M USING AD TECH TAPE RUNNERS SINCE THATS ALL WALMART CARRIES AT THE MOMENT............................ SO FAR GOOD THINGS FROM USING THAT TAPE RUNNER.................... ONCE I GET A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY, I'LL GET A REFILL FOR MY MEGA RUNNER ASSUMING I CAN FIND IT............. SOMETIMES I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING IT AMONGST THE ONLINE STORES I USE.......................... OTHER GLUE I USE IS ZIG 2-WAY GLUE FOR INTRICIATE DIE CUTS WORKS GREAT FOR ME ANYWAYS......................... VALERIE
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:02 pm
I USE THE XRYON MEGA RUNNER LOVE THEIR TAPE RUNNERS.............. I USED TO USE DOT TAPE RUNNERS BUT FOUND THEY DIDN'T HOLD UP VERY WELL SO I HAD TO REDO A FEW THINGS IN MY BOOKS...................... I ALSO USE FOAM TAPE FOR OTHER THINGS TO GIVE IT THE LITTLE EXTRA SOMETHING TO THE PAGE.................... RIGHT NOW, I'M USING AD TECH TAPE RUNNERS SINCE THATS ALL WALMART CARRIES AT THE MOMENT............................ SO FAR GOOD THINGS FROM USING THAT TAPE RUNNER.................... ONCE I GET A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY, I'LL GET A REFILL FOR MY MEGA RUNNER ASSUMING I CAN FIND IT............. SOMETIMES I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING IT AMONGST THE ONLINE STORES I USE.......................... OTHER GLUE I USE IS ZIG 2-WAY GLUE FOR INTRICIATE DIE CUTS WORKS GREAT FOR ME ANYWAYS......................... VALERIE
I have a friend that uses the Xyron Mega Runner and loves it.  What size tape do you use in your?  1/4" or 1/2"?  I may give it a try myself.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

I've used various tape runners but really rely on a fine line applicator with Neutral PH Adhesive from LINECO.  A card maker friend recommended it to me a few years ago and it's great for die cuts and small items.  I also use the Nuvo Deluxe that Rachel and Jess use.  It's works best for LOs and larger scrapping. 
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

JessM wrote:

Yes, it does!  And I really like the tips that come with it or that you can buy extra - I can’t remember which!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”