Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

I Would Love Some Suggestions…
Good Morning Cherries! I could use some help! I am running low on stand alone embellishments. I usually scrapbook by collection but do make one stash kit a month. I have found myself searching my room for just the right embellishments that will work for a variety of themes and I’ve found that my room is sorely lacking !
Any suggestions? Things you reach for again and again? I have PLENTY of stamps and dies…I can always make my own I guess. But sometimes it’s just nice to have a good,all purpose embellishment to reach for! I can’t wait to hear your suggestions!

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I Would Love Some Suggestions…
I'm into the photo strips, photo wheels and cameras.  I have a package of chipboard cameras with an assortment of sizes and shapes.  Not sure where I purchased it because I've had it for a while, but I'm down to just two remaining.  I love them and need to find more.  They work well with the photostrips that are popular now.  I have a photo strip punch and a TH photo wheel die but seem to gravitate to the new acetate strips.  Anything chipboard works for me also because I love dimension on projects, just not too much.  I used to use a lot of flowers, but I'm not crazy about most because they have hard centers and don't store well.  Does that make sense?  I like the flat ones better so I make my own now.  I do a lot of mixing and matching of mfgs.
    ImageImage

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

Arrows! The Artful Arrows Bigz die makes some really cool arrows that you can make in a variety of colors and fill in spaces and add to pages very easily. I never would have thought of it till I had them handy.
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

traveler

Cherry Cola

I like wood embellishments. Some general purpose shapes like arrows are really useful. Ephemera packs if they are the right theme. I also make my own flowers. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

It seems like people have a certain “thing” they like.  For instance, butterflies, flowers, filmstrips, clocks, bicycles, etc.  Maybe find some stamps and make some of your own embellishments in colors you like?  Or neutral colors?  Or do them in black with white background so you can easily color them to match your layout?  That is the budgeted in me.  
But…I am gravitating to the 49 & Market collections.  The chipboard/cardboard words, the laser cuts and now some acetates as I like the transparency.  I might explore some rub-ons.  It all depends on your style.  
Some people have good suggestions, you can paint wood, and use your die cutting machine too!  Now it’s giving me some ideas!  

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

SandyK1967 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:51 am
Arrows! The Artful Arrows Bigz die makes some really cool arrows that you can make in a variety of colors and fill in spaces and add to pages very easily. I never would have thought of it till I had them handy.

Ohhh…that’s a great idea!

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You need to put your die cutting machines in action.   I always have stars, flowers, leafy bits, tags cut out.  Especially to use up scraps.  And then run them through an embossing folder to give them texture.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:10 am
You need to put your die cutting machines in action.   I always have stars, flowers, leafy bits, tags cut out.  Especially to use up scraps.  And then run them through an embossing folder to give them texture.
That’s a great idea!!!
Susan

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:10 am

Embossing them is a fantastic idea! I always feel like my own embellishments need a little extra something. This sounds like it will do the trick! Tfs!
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Use mix media to create all sorts of backgrounds to cut out your own embellishments! A manual die cut machine would probably be best due to the mixed media but if you're only using thin layers on your backgrounds then an electronic one would do just fine I think.
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

wimom

Cherry Bomb

Another vote for arrows, and I will also suggest stars and buttons, if you are OK with the added bulk. 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I love to have tabs, banner flags, stars, and hearts on hand! You could also dig out some old stash...flowers, metal rings/frames, and mini-brads, to name a few.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee