Pumpkin Spice Latte

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Post by Flasher »

Let me preface this by saying I don't drink coffee, and neither can I stand pumpkin, so this doesn't affect me either way, but  . . .

Where I am, it's supposed to be in the 90's today, with a heat index well above that.  A lot of schools have either been cancelled or slated for early dismissal.  The same thing is expected to happen tomorrow. 

The morning news is celebrating the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I'm sure Ohio's not alone in the heat department.  This seems way to early to me, but like I said, I'm not a fan.  I just know that I don't wake up during hot, humid summer days longing for Hot Chocolate.  But maybe coffee drinkers are different. 

In any case, if Pumpkin Spice is your thing, happy day for you!  Enjoy!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Re: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Post by MTCanuk »

Big no here. I drink coffee, but Pumpkin flavoured things are not in my wheelhouse. Barely tolerate a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

I am a huge coffee drinker, and I do drink it in hot weather. That said, a latte is more like hot chocolate and I would only drink it in cold weather. And those stupid seasonal flavored lattes have a million calories and aren’t nearly as good a plain (IMO). And I am another one that doesn’t like pumpkin flavoring in anything.

However, I suppose it is nice to wake up to nonsense news instead of the unpleasant news we’re gotten used to.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Laura,

I am right there with you! No Pumpkin latte here. We are suppose to be in the 90’s today.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:47 am
Big no here. I drink coffee, but Pumpkin flavoured things are not in my wheelhouse. Barely tolerate a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving!

Ditto! Even the smell of a pumpkin spice coffee/latte makes me gag
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1705

Post by lissahope26 »

Starbucks has iced PS latte too. It’s what I get down here in the swamp.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm a coffee drinker but can't stand flavored coffees. Just straight up black, no sugar, no cream. I only drink it in the morning, and only have my one cup. I can never drink it HOT, even when temps dip below 30 degrees, but luke warm is what I do. Then its water until wine. LOL.

Never had the PSL, but the smell of it makes my stomach get into knots when I'm out and about with friends who order it. And like Louise said, all of those flavored stuff you get from Starbucks is just sugary snacks you can drink. The way I drink my coffee, keeps it down to just a calorie or two!  :greenlol:  But I can't stand hot chocolate either. Most sweet stuff makes me nauseous, so I avoid them.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1799

Post by aheatfan »

I am a Pumpkin Spice Latte girl and even have a page in my gallery about it, lol.   BUT...I only allow myself 2 a season because they are full of crap.  I am a big coffee person though and need to have some every single day for the sake of other people's survival. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Tea drinker here, all year round. I do enjoy an iced coffee now and then. I just feel like PSL is rushing fall. It's in the 90s - let it be summer a bit longer. Drink your fruity drinks, LOL

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

I'm a coffee drinker through and through... hot every morning with cream and sugar.  I love a latte now and then but agree, it is too early for the flavor pumpkin... 

2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 950

Post by JAire »

Sounds crazy-early for the flavor to me. Shouldn't it be presented in October?
I do drink coffee every day, but have to limit my caffeine and go for decaf. I'm already way too hyper! And I don't use sugar or milk. So those flavored ones are not for me.
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1180

Post by Rachel Kent »

I love pumpkin spiced lattes - but I'm not ready to drink one yet! It's been 90's here whew!
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

During my medical classes some moron instructor told us if you're hot in the summer you need to drink something hot to cool down, ditto with the cold and cold drinks. All I know is I continued to drink iced tea in the summer and tea and other hot drinks in the winter. I never got warm once drinking iced tea in the winter.

But when I want coffee, that's what I want: no lattes, cappuccinos, espresso and not flavored, sugared or creamed. A hot cup of black coffee. In the winter.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

Rachel_K wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:14 pm
I love pumpkin spiced lattes - but I'm not ready to drink one yet! It's been 90's here whew!

Me too!! Love all the seasonal flavors, but I agree it's a little to early!
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

I like coffee, but pumpkin spice no - disgusting!  I don’t like pumpkin pie either
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

I like coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Pumpkin spice latte's taste like liquid chemical to me.

Christine
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

Our school released early both Thursday and Friday, but I still drank my morning coffee...needed the caffeine! lol  However, I don't really like the flavor of pumpkin spice and coffee.  Now, pumpkin spice in muffins or bread is a different story. :)

I agree it's way too early for Fall things!  Just like when the stores like to put up Christmas decorations before Halloween is even over.  Annoying!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

sherelm wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:14 am
During my medical classes some moron instructor told us if you're hot in the summer you need to drink something hot to cool down, ditto with the cold and cold drinks. All I know is I continued to drink iced tea in the summer and tea and other hot drinks in the winter. I never got warm once drinking iced tea in the winter.

But when I want coffee, that's what I want: no lattes, cappuccinos, espresso and not flavored, sugared or creamed. A hot cup of black coffee. In the winter.
When I was at MIT, all the graduates student used to say that you should eat ice cream in the winter because it warms you up. They made it sound very scientific, but in fact, we had the second best ice cream place in the country right near campus and it was a good excuse to go there after dinner rather than get back to problem sets. 

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”