Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Re: Squirrel problems
NatalieDill wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:16 pm
Okay, honestly, you're helping me because it's good to know I'm not alone! LOL

I guess I should just focus on the enjoyment and the creative process, and a completed album is just the bonus at the end.

Kitting is not something I ever really do, but I am curious if I should start.
I am sure that lends to a cohesion within the album...
I do have all my Disney supplies together of course.
I think I am afraid if I used the same kit within an album I would get even more bored scraping pages within it than I already do..
Bored is a bad word, more uninspired, but you know what I mean.

I know what you mean. I like to mix and match kits according to theme and color. I basically make my own "kits" by pulling out my photos, grouping them, then pulling out all my items on that theme and picking the ones that "go" by colors. I didn't use everything in each of the layouts that I put in the "kit" but it helped me have a way to start and a direction. KWIM?
Laura
 Image    Image         

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Oh my goodness... reading all of these posts has made me smile.  I wish I could start multiple albums but I scrap chronologically and everything goes in an album in dated order.  Whether vacation or story based... I did a vacation album once and never finished it and was overwhelmed that it wasn't in my overall family albums.  

I think chronological scrapping can keep you from having unfinished albums but I am also five years behind.   Let's just be honest, the struggle is real no matter which way you work it and we all see a "squirrel" frequently. 

I used to do the same thing many, many, many, years ago, but I would get further and further behind on the new stuff. Especially as the grandkids got older and the new puppies came along and starting growing up. And I was scrapping double pages all the time. So I decided a while back that baby and puppy albums would be double pages and be just the first year, and any pictures after that would be single pages and I would scrap whatever I felt like scrapping. I now scrap whatever I please because if I had to wait until I catch up I would burn out so fast and never scrap the more recent pics. So I scrap what I feel like now and then will add them into the albums in chronological order. It has been working for me. But I do really need to get back to those first year double pagers!

ImageImage Image Image  

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Another one offering, no help.  I have unfinished yearly albums from 2001-2020, plus school, Christmas, Band, Girls Scouts and Disney 2006, 2008, 2013, 2015 and 2017.  NONE complete.  I just finished  2006 WDW layout the other week though!  It's OK to do what makes you happy instead of pushing yourself to do something you are not in the mood for.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:22 pm
Hahaha! I really thought this post was going to be about Brandy's Penny LOL!!!!

No advice since I'm really in the same boat!! Just enjoy the process and journey!  :greeninlove:

😂😂😂😂 I thought the same thing. I thought Natalie was having a problem with Squirrels! I was going to tell her she can borrow Penny
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I'm no help either. When I first started scrapbooking, I concentrated on one album at a time because I thought those were the rules! LOL. Hey - it was 12 yrs ago! But I got so bored out of my mind and actually took one year breaks. It was bad. Then I saw one of my friends who scrapbooks all willy nilly. She was scrapping her wedding, Christmas, Birthdays and her kids. And I thought...I can do that. So it started with Cats, Dogs, Thanksgiving (which is a HUGE event for my family), Christmas, and Birthdays. And now...get a load of this. My albums that I'm working on are:

1. Dogs 2014
2. Dogs 2015
3. Jasmine and Shelby puppy pics 2017
4. Jackson (my cat)
5. Christmas 2018
6. Thanksgiving 2018
7. Scrapbook Weekends (me and my local scrappy gal pals get together quarterly at my house to scrap. We take some fun pics!)
8. Draven (my 18 month old nephew). I'm barely on his birth
9. Draven's 1st Birthday
10. Draven's Baby Shower July 2018
11. Jasper (my 4 month old nephew)
12. Meeting my Biological Father and his family, Sept 2019

On a successful note, I just finished an album last weekend. I did the last 4 pages of a photo shoot that my photographer friend did when we first got Jasmine and Shelby in May 2017.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

No advice since I'm really in the same boat!! Just enjoy the process and journey!  :greeninlove:

😂😂😂😂 I thought the same thing. I thought Natalie was having a problem with Squirrels! I was going to tell her she can borrow Penny 
Bahahah! I actually do have those pesky things tearing up cushions on my deck sometimes! Send penny on over!!

Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

I wish I had advice also but I jump around too.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Honestly I'm glad to know this is the norm!
I don't ever want to be even close to running out of things to craft/scrapbook, so I know it's ok to never be "caught up." I just would appreciate a few more completed projects. I just really appreciate sitting down to a finished album.

One thing I could possibly do to fix that is to store my photos differently.
Currently, every month or so I will print all the photos I know I will want to scrap and then put them in the page protectors they will ultimately live in within their respected album.
But if I didn't do that, then each album would only contained finished pages and when someone sat down to look within, they wouldn't flip past "oh I will get to scrapping that some day" pages...  

Hmm that's a thought..

I'm loving hearing what projects everyone has ongoing!
I do input all my layouts chronologically within my albums, but I just don't scrap them all in order.

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

scrappinmom99 wrote:

😂😂😂
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

Yes I have squirrel problems too! I call it ADD crafting lol.

I think it's because I just get bored too easily, and I just love to try different/new things. The only problem to this is storing it all LOL! 
I think that's why I really love my junk journal. I can do whatever I want in it. Photos or none at all, mixed media or not, paper or no paper. Following Vicki Boutin's creative challenge at least keeps me a little organized. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. Might want to start a new junk journal...

George Gibson .

Cherry Tart

LOL... you are funny...

*********************************************************************************
Custom vacuum designer, troubleshooting expert of -
 Vacuums Advisor
"Save a Tree - Save The Environment - Save Your Life "
=========================================================

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Rachel_K wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Yes I have squirrel problems too! I call it ADD crafting lol.

I think it's because I just get bored too easily, and I just love to try different/new things. The only problem to this is storing it all LOL! 
I think that's why I really love my junk journal. I can do whatever I want in it. Photos or none at all, mixed media or not, paper or no paper. Following Vicki Boutin's creative challenge at least keeps me a little organized. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. Might want to start a new junk journal...

LOL yes!

I like that idea of a junk journal. IDK why but I always want to say "oh this is FOR something specific." But maybe that would help me get out all the distracting ideas and then move on to getting the scrapbooking done!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee