Scrap a Day, March 28th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, March 28th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I actually did some scrapping yesterday. Worked on a digital layout and will work on finishing that up today. It was such a beautiful day here yesterday. I sat out in the yard with the girls and threw the ball and even opened windows and got some fresh air in the house. Today… raining and only 48 degrees. Ugh.

Trying to keep my anxiety in check but the more I hear the harder it is to stay calm. If dh didn't have to go for blood every three weeks I would feel a whole lot better. Plus yesterday I was reading about a blood shortage and that is really shaking me up.

Stay safe and healthy my Cherry friends.

Image Image Image

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Re: Scrap a Day, March 28th

Post by DN in MN »

Hello :)  I been working from home so other than a quick on here and gone, haven't been online.  Working from home is hard for me to want to do anything once I'm done.  Today, did some scrappy shopping and may head down to my room later this afternoon.  Minnesota received our stay at home order so BF and I are doing our part ;)

Oh Barb... I hope everything works out and DH has no issues.  I am sure they are aware of those who need to come in and will plan accordingly.    🙏

I hope everyone is getting by and enjoying life the best way possible :)

2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

Oh, Barb! Think we are all a little frazzled right now! My anxiety level is through the roof. But, I recommend watching the video I suggested on Carrie’s post. He has some excellent valid points and makes it seem a titch less scary.

I was awake early. I got up and took some hot Cross Buns, that I baked yesterday, to my old NICU team. Something to brighten their day.

Just lazing about. But, I did get my walk in. Only was 39f out, but suppose to warm into the 50’s today. Got the Becky Fleck challenge done. It went together super quick. Plan a little more scrapping today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

Hey everyone!! Barb, I can understand your anxiety but please try to take one thing at a time and take care of yourself too. I hope it all goes well with your DH and there are no issures. I'm trying to be optimistic and believe it will get better and not worse. 

It's beautiful out today, sunny and bright with 82 degreees. Took my walk and I'm so thankful there was a breeze. So not use to warmer weather with all the rain and cold temps we've had. 

I scrapped this morning and hoping to get a few more of the challenges done. I still need to work on my April Challenges. 

Have a beautifu day, everyone! 
Image Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb. SO many hugs to you. I feel so bad how this has effected everyone.

DH and I stayed home today. DH worked on some plaques using his X-carve machine. He also cleaned up part of the carport. I did laundry and worked on some Family Reunion Decorations. Talked to the lady that's in charge last night and asked what I thought about the virus and the reunion. We both thought that since our reunion is for another 2 1/2 months, we should just keep trucking. But if our April turns out to be alot like March, we should reconsider and weigh our options. And by the beginning of May, if its still rough, we will definetly cancel. Our theme is 2020 - good to see you. So we're using glasses, 2020 and "good to see you" phrases. I figured I'd get a start on the glasses and "good to see you" and the Photo Booth decorations. That will go on whether its this year or next year. But if we cancel, I'd hate to cut out a bunch of 2020 decorations and not need them. So I printed out all the photo booth props, cut them out and attached the sticks to them. I then cut out some glasses and bubble thoughts with "It's good to see you!" for the centerpieces. I attached sticks to those since those will be put inside the mason jars that have flowers (we are re-using 2018 decorations too!). Got that done by 5pm and decided to relax the rest of the night. Too late to start anything. So we had dinner (tostadas) and watched a movie - Harriet. AWESOME movie! Tomorrow, though, I'm planning on scrapping!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Hey Cherries. I actually did some scrapping yesterday. Worked on a digital layout and will work on finishing that up today. It was such a beautiful day here yesterday. I sat out in the yard with the girls and threw the ball and even opened windows and got some fresh air in the house. Today… raining and only 48 degrees. Ugh.

Trying to keep my anxiety in check but the more I hear the harder it is to stay calm. If dh didn't have to go for blood every three weeks I would feel a whole lot better. Plus yesterday I was reading about a blood shortage and that is really shaking me up.

Oh Barb - I wish I felt comfortable leaving the house and getting close to someone to donate blood. I’m O negative and try to give as often as possible.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

DN in MN wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Hello :)  I been working from home so other than a quick on here and gone, haven't been online.  Working from home is hard for me to want to do anything once I'm done.  Today, did some scrappy shopping and may head down to my room later this afternoon.  Minnesota received our stay at home order so BF and I are doing our part ;)

Oh Barb... I hope everything works out and DH has no issues.  I am sure they are aware of those who need to come in and will plan accordingly.    🙏

I hope everyone is getting by and enjoying life the best way possible :)

Thank you Deanna. Yes I'm sure they are.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:12 pm
Oh, Barb! Think we are all a little frazzled right now! My anxiety level is through the roof. But, I recommend watching the video I suggested on Carrie’s post. He has some excellent valid points and makes it seem a titch less scary.

I was awake early. I got up and took some hot Cross Buns, that I baked yesterday, to my old NICU team. Something to brighten their day.

Just lazing about. But, I did get my walk in. Only was 39f out, but suppose to warm into the 50’s today. Got the Becky Fleck challenge done. It went together super quick. Plan a little more scrapping today.
I did watch that video yesterday and it was really great and yes somewhat comforting. I sent to to my mom to watch and my dd and had dh watch it too. Thanks so much for mentioning it!

That was so sweet bringing your old NICU team some delicious home baked treats! I'm sure they appreciated that!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Deanna13 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Hey everyone!! Barb, I can understand your anxiety but please try to take one thing at a time and take care of yourself too. I hope it all goes well with your DH and there are no issures. I'm trying to be optimistic and believe it will get better and not worse. 

It's beautiful out today, sunny and bright with 82 degreees. Took my walk and I'm so thankful there was a breeze. So not use to warmer weather with all the rain and cold temps we've had. 

I scrapped this morning and hoping to get a few more of the challenges done. I still need to work on my April Challenges. 

Have a beautifu day, everyone! 
Thank you Deanna.

I still need to work on my April Challenge too. And leave love on my March Challenge. I have seen everything that has been submitted and love it all! So much creativity! I will work on that soon!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 pm
Hi Barb. SO many hugs to you. I feel so bad how this has effected everyone.

DH and I stayed home today. DH worked on some plaques using his X-carve machine. He also cleaned up part of the carport. I did laundry and worked on some Family Reunion Decorations. Talked to the lady that's in charge last night and asked what I thought about the virus and the reunion. We both thought that since our reunion is for another 2 1/2 months, we should just keep trucking. But if our April turns out to be alot like March, we should reconsider and weigh our options. And by the beginning of May, if its still rough, we will definetly cancel. Our theme is 2020 - good to see you. So we're using glasses, 2020 and "good to see you" phrases. I figured I'd get a start on the glasses and "good to see you" and the Photo Booth decorations. That will go on whether its this year or next year. But if we cancel, I'd hate to cut out a bunch of 2020 decorations and not need them. So I printed out all the photo booth props, cut them out and attached the sticks to them. I then cut out some glasses and bubble thoughts with "It's good to see you!" for the centerpieces. I attached sticks to those since those will be put inside the mason jars that have flowers (we are re-using 2018 decorations too!). Got that done by 5pm and decided to relax the rest of the night. Too late to start anything. So we had dinner (tostadas) and watched a movie - Harriet. AWESOME movie! Tomorrow, though, I'm planning on scrapping!
Thank you Brandy.

I love your theme and your idea to cut all the decorations except the year is an awesome idea!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:49 am
pawprints wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Oh Barb - I wish I felt comfortable leaving the house and getting close to someone to donate blood. I’m O negative and try to give as often as possible.

Oh Chris you are so sweet. But you should not go out. Do not risk it.

Image Image Image

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Stay strong, Barb! I know it is so hard. I'm having a day of anxiety myself but probably nothing like you worry about with your husband. Me and my boy staying in or out in own yard but the pollen is bad now. Anyway, getting outdoors, letting fresh air in, playing with the girls are helpful and we will get through this. Prayers for you and your dh. It's tough enough having to get blood often, but during this pandemic, understandably harder. Miss ya'll here. I'll try to come back...for my own sanity...been too dang depressing lately!
Debbie

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

debamas wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:25 am
Stay strong, Barb! I know it is so hard. I'm having a day of anxiety myself but probably nothing like you worry about with your husband. Me and my boy staying in or out in own yard but the pollen is bad now. Anyway, getting outdoors, letting fresh air in, playing with the girls are helpful and we will get through this. Prayers for you and your dh. It's tough enough having to get blood often, but during this pandemic, understandably harder. Miss ya'll here. I'll try to come back...for my own sanity...been too dang depressing lately!

So sorry for what you have been going through Debbie. It is so good to see you back here. I would never have thought that we would live in a time where something like this would happen. It is so scary and the anxiety is sky high. I wish so much that my dh didn't have to go out at all but there is no getting around it he has to go. Thank you so much for the prayers and kind words.

Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”