Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Re: How fast do you scrap?
It really depends on my photos.  I can have a layout sit for days on my table but others I can kick out two - four layouts in a day.  Just depends on mood.  Most of the time, I am very slow as I do a design and let it sit for a bit and make sure I like it.  I probably should use sketches and lift people more often to speed up my process!  

At a Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon crop, I try to get 20 layouts completed and that is with partial kits put together :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

If I’m doing 12X12- veerrryyyy slllooowwww, usually because I always decide to do something time consuming, like back a cute file, or stitch, or create a mixed media background, etc.
But if I’m working on 81/2 X11 or smaller canvas, I find I make decisions easier and can pull the project together much faster.

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Depends on what size page I'm doing - 12 X 12 takes longer, but the 6 X 6 pages not so much.  Depends if I'm doing pocket, too versus regular

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Probably fast but if there's a lot of detail it could take a while.. i like to fussy cut which can take time but i usually get the most done at a crop. I guess I'd say it's not speed it's organization for me
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Depends on whether I have to search for a particular pp or embellie etc. I can do a layout in an hour or so if I don’t have to search and search for something I’m sure I have that is perfect for what I am doing.
And unfortunately I tend to take out 3-4 of each thing to choose from and not put them away so a mess where things disappear

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Depends on whether I have to search for a particular pp or embellie etc. I can do a layout in an hour or so if I don’t have to search and search for something I’m sure I have that is perfect for what I am doing.
And unfortunately I tend to take out 3-4 of each thing to choose from and not put them away so a mess where things disappear

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

I feel fairly fast. 45min-1 hr per layout I would say is my average. I definitely am a popper! I work from home, so I will pop over to scrap on a quick break and have to finish up the next free min my boys give me after they come home or something along those lines. It helps when I work and don't have time to scrap, but inspiration strikes. If the creative nag is nawing at me all day without a chance to scrap, I can make it come together quickly when I finally get the chance!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

IF I stay off the message board and just go straight to my table I am a fast scrapper. I can get a LO done usually during my 1 hour lunch break. I don't have many interruptions here so that helps a lot. I like to finish my LO before leaving my table too.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

Krystle

Cherry Bing

For me it really depends -- some layouts come together really easily and quickly if I know exactly what I want to do.  Others can take quite a long time as I figure out how to design my page.

Linda L

Cherry Bomb

It depends on what I'm doing, how fast I can find pictures, or paper to go with the pictures. A sketch might be fast one time and slow the next. But my faves are sketches or lifts.  Doing my own design might take me more time.  I don't think I ever did over four layouts in a day.  :)

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I am a pretty fast scrapper because I put all of myself into it. When I go to crops, many of my friends are amazed at how many LOS I usually do. 
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

I would say I am a medium scrapper. Once I get the time to get into the scrap room, and I am in the mood to scrap, I can just grab a sketch and some photos and I can bang out a page in an hour or so. Sketches are my lifesaver, for sure. Challenges can slow me down, because I don't have the right photos or theme, or I spend an inordinate amount of time looking for specific papers or embellies. I am hoping to reorganize my scrap space when I put it together again after the painters leave, with stuff I use close at hand, and theme items grouped together somehow. Haven't ironed out HOW, yet!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Depends on how you define fast. LOL  :greenwinkb:  I can finish a page in under 2 hours - start to finish.  What I usually do is pick the photos and possible papers out one day and finish it the next time I sit to scrap. Then pick the photos and papers for the next scrap time. That way I stay ahead. It usually takes me a while to find papers. I may not use them all but I have my selection narrowed down. If I don't have time to get my stuff out I will work on journaling and getting the info I need. Sometimes I'll type it up - ready to go.  
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

lauraalberts

Cherry Tart

Usually a 1 page layout takes me about an hour, a 2 pager probably an hour and a half. I try not to allow myself to obsess about perfection and focus on enjoying the process instead. 😊
Laura Alberts, 🍒 DT
Eclectic Scrapper: all the things, all the time!

OneMommyScrapping

Cherry Tart

Usually between 45 minutes to an hour. I can do one in 30 minutes if I already have a plan in my head and use scraps. Then I don’t have to cut down large pieces of paper for layers. I try to keep things faster when I film for YouTube. I do real time videos and don’t want them too long. Facebook lives are about an hour but that includes a lot of talking with people too. I used to take a lot longer because I had to find the “perfect” paper. When I realized “perfect” doesn’t exist, it became so much easier to use the first paper that worked and move on. That was so freeing!

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

This depends! Sometimes I can finish a page in an hour and other times it will sit there for days before it finally comes together. I try not to force it because if I do I never like the page in the end. 
ImageImage 

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrapy1967 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 am
This depends! Sometimes I can finish a page in an hour and other times it will sit there for days before it finally comes together. I try not to force it because if I do I never like the page in the end. 
I DITTO that.  If I force it, I end up not liking it!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee