Scrap a Day, March 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Scrap a Day, March 17th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! Yes, its the Scrap a Day thread! Being posted in what seems like forever!!! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and if you celebrate St. Patrick's Day, have fun today too!

So, who is going to scrap today? Me!!! Yesterday I got all the laundry done, made banana nut bread and did quite a bit of housework. Today, the only thing I have on my to do list is dishes, which have already been placed in the dishwasher and its running!

Last weekend, I managed to get 4 layouts completed - which are all for DH's Family Album. Towards the end of Sunday afternoon, I was down to just ONE more photo. It is a picture of DH's great grandfather in the Navy. Unfortunetly, he passed away in 1930, 6 months before his daughter (DH's grandmother) was born. So this is the only photo anybody has of him. I was all set out to scrap when I noticed that I was COMPLETELY out of solid grey cardstock. All shades! How did that happen? So that was the end of scrapping for me last weekend (I had to cook dinner anyways!).

I had a dental appt last Wednesday, so afterwards I went to Hobby Lobby and bought every shade of grey cardstock, in a few sheets each. So now I'm all set! After breakfast, I'll work on that layout. Then afterwards, who knows!

How about you?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Re: Scrap a Day, March 17th

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning Brandy!! We went to Planet Fitness this morning and it's still cold about 42 degrees, but I'm hoping to take a walk outside!! We have beautiful sunshine, but where's the heat? LOL :-D

Hope to scrap a bit inbetween this and that today as DH is on long break all week.

Have a great day, everyone!
Image Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Deanna13 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 am
Good Morning Brandy!! We went to Planet Fitness this morning and it's still cold about 42 degrees, but I'm hoping to take a walk outside!! We have beautiful sunshine, but where's the heat? LOL :-D

Hope to scrap a bit inbetween this and that today as DH is on long break all week.

Hi Deanna! Normally when somebody up north says "where's the heat?" I offer them to come down here to South Texas. But we are at 52 degrees, windy and rainy. So yeah...nothing here!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Layout for Graphic Design challenge

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1284

Post by LoreenC »

I am hoping to get some done! It’s going to be warm and is pretty sunny everyday now, but 82 degrees is nice! I did get two LO’s done ladt night & will get them posted next!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Deanna13 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Deanna! Normally when somebody up north says "where's the heat?" I offer them to come down here to South Texas. But we are at 52 degrees, windy and rainy. So yeah...nothing here!  
LOL......can't wait for Spring to get here and bring some warmer temps!! :-D

Image Image ImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

Yay - so glad for the Scrap A Day thread.  I went to a crop yesterday and got three layout done but they are for DT projects so I can't share them yet.  After the crop DH and I stopped at a restaurant for an early dinner because we no longer go out on St. Patrick's Day.  It's just too crazy and we're too old for those shenanigans!  

So we are staying home and I'm making Corned Beef and Cabbage and we'll watch The Quiet Man a little later.  I may start on the washi challenge after I get dinner started although I have another DT assignment I need to complete before the 25th.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Love the return of this thread and you, Brandy!!  I just spend some time in my empty old scrappy space watching BF remove the sheetrock and then we discussed where new walls are needed and old ones removed!  I am now upstairs and looking at a layout I started, lol.  Looking at it while I am on the MB.  My plan is to finish this layout and get started on another.  Doesn't seem like BF needs nor wants my help so YAY me! 

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

OneMommyScrapping
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 9

Post by OneMommyScrapping »

I've gotten two layouts done so far - both using some of my Basic Grey stash.  I'm doing a live video on Facebook in about an hour with another Basic Grey layout.  I love using my stash.  It means I get to shop!!  😁
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

Yay for Scrap-a-Day!

I have had a two page spread on my table all week. Everything is cut, draft pics have been printed the correct size, some things are glued down… then I had such a busy busy week running around every day and it has just been sitting here waiting for me to print out the final pics and glue them and the rest of everything else down. The journaling is written up, just has to be written on the actual journal card now. Problem is I don't know if it will fit. So I may need another journaling card or I may have to write really really small. Lol. I've been so lazy today after a busy week and then out at my sister's birthday party last night, I haven't felt like doing much of anything today. But I hope to get myself motivated to work on it. Lots of sunshine coming in the windows, but kinda chilly out being 45 with a wind chill of 39. Right now I just feel like laying on the couch and doing nothing.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Can't wait to see everyone's layouts. I got another one done. Rewind (Feb Sketch with a Twist)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

Brandy I love both of your layouts! It's so good to see you scrapping again!

Image Image Image

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

howdy!
this past week was our spring break...I was kid free....but I didn't get my whole to do list done...im still battling sinus stuff...iinfection that will NOT clear up...grrrrrr
we went out of town to Hobby Lobby on Friday to get some wedding stuff....and I bought a few scrappy things but not a ton...go figure
then yesterday we were in Lubbock all day....had to hit the big city to find shoes for youngest dd, grandson and myself for middle dd's wedding...a shirt for DH for same event and some other misc things....im pooped today...I might be getting too old for all day shopping trips..LOL

I have had the same layout on my desk most of the week waiting to work on it.....hoping to this evening....been a busy day here....gorgeous sunny weather and we have been out working in the yard....we had some major winds go thru here last week...sustained 50mph with up to 80mph gusts....we personally had no damage other than tree branches everywhere thank goodness  if any of you saw the vids on fb or the news of semis blowing over....that was where I live...ugh

back to the grind tomorrow and im not happy...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

Great layouts today Brandy! Happy to see you on the Scrap A Day again. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I posted two layouts today and am planning my next snow-related pages. Have a great night!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Hello scrap A day!! Yippee!!!
Great to see the thread and your awesome layouts Brandy!!!
Got a lot of cleaning done yesterday and today. Got to spend some time with the gbaby No scrapping lol!!! Got the packing done, have to be out of town all week. Been quite some time since I had to do a week long trip for work.
Hopefully things will slow down soon!
Happy ST Patrick’s Day!!!
Susan

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I had a DT layout that I had to upload today (just did & will upload it here after Sketches in Thyme puts it up) and hadn't even started it as of this morning. You all know I scrap in bits & pieces LOL. I had no manuscripts this weekend (WHEW!) and it's St. Patrick's Day so I gave myself a much needed scrappy day. Had a nice quiet St. Pat's with the family. My Italian husband made a great corned beef dinner with all the trimmings  :greeninlove: :greeninlove: Back to the old grind tomorrow though!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Thank you everyone. Its great to be scrapping again!

Carrie, Spring Break was this past week too. Funny. I was NOT kid free. LOL. Sorry about that sinus headache not going away. Boo!

Susan, safe travels for you.

Anne-Marie, glad you got a scrappy day. Well-deserved!

Another layout for me. Its Rewind again (Prompt)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”