can't find the right color/style combo

Moderator: ACOT Employee

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

can't find the right color/style combo

Post by JillinIN »

I have a ton of scrapbook paper, but I have a specific design style in mind, Something kind of sophisticated for a prom layout, but not too fancy. I'm  looking for a red floral in just the right shade and style and coming up empty. I've got quite a few more paper packs to go through, so I'll make something work.

Do you ever get your mind set on a specific scrappy supply and nothing else will do and then you can't find it in your stash?

Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 992

Re: can't find the right color/style combo

Post by blfonty »

Yes! This happens to me and each time I resolve to get more organized....and then it happens again....can't find that one thing that I want. So frustrating! Maybe this weekend will be a little scrapping and a little organizing. Good Luck!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

JillinIN
Cherry Cola

Post by JillinIN »

blfonty wrote:Yes! This happens to me and each time I resolve to get more organized....and then it happens again....can't find that one thing that I want. So frustrating! Maybe this weekend will be a little scrapping and a little organizing. Good Luck!
Thanks. At least I know I'm not alone. lol 
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

I've had that happen.  My wallet hates it because I tend to try and buy the 'correct' item. Image 
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1705

Post by lissahope26 »

I have that problem Scrapping about my kids' interests like Pokémon, minecraft, Area 51, etc.  
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

I STILL have 100 'kits' I bought from kit clubs back in 2005-06 that I like, but never have the right pictures for.  I will pick a group of photos I want to work with, and rarely have the 'right' paper for them here at home.  With so many choices, why can't I put the two together?  Oh, well, I will just Scrap On!

Jill, you are NOT alone!!!!!!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

yup has happened to me sometimes...I tend to just put that picture(s) aside and move past it for a while.....lol
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Yes! Happens to me quite often
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

YES!!  And the worst is when you settle for something, and then when you look at the layout you hate it!!  I've done that, too.  And I won't remake it unless I absolutely have to, there are plenty more pictures to get done!!
JillinIN
Cherry Cola

Post by JillinIN »

sherelm wrote:YES!!  And the worst is when you settle for something, and then when you look at the layout you hate it!!  I've done that, too.  And I won't remake it unless I absolutely have to, there are plenty more pictures to get done!!
Oh yes, I've done that too! I hate to redo and usually don't either. 
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I often get things in my head and then I can't figure out what I need.  Sometimes if I can't find the right color, I end up using scraps and layering a bunch of the same color in slightly different shades so it doesn't focus directly on that color...then add coordinating embellishments.  What's even more frustrating is when I KNOW I have a certain paper and can't find it!!  Most of my paper is sorted by manufacturer and I have to admit I am not nearly as good at finding collections as I used to be.  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

yes and it is so aggravating!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

pixerframer
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Post by pixerframer »

I have my paper sorted by color. Even the patterned paper. I pick out the most dominant color and put it with that color cardstock. It really helps finding your colors faster, because you only have to go and look through one group.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage          Image           
5finns
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 14

Post by 5finns »

JillinIN wrote:I have a ton of scrapbook paper, but I have a specific design style in mind, Something kind of sophisticated for a prom layout, but not too fancy. I'm  looking for a red floral in just the right shade and style and coming up empty. I've got quite a few more paper packs to go through, so I'll make something work.

Do you ever get your mind set on a specific scrappy supply and nothing else will do and then you can't find it in your stash?

what about Webster's pages?  Do you have any of that hanging about?  I just did a prom layout and eneded up keeping everything neutral and making my own flowers.

Don't be afraid to be open minded Your brain is not going to fall out.
My scrap room is not messy it is an obstacle course designed to keep me fit!

Dria
JillinIN
Cherry Cola

Post by JillinIN »

5finns wrote:
JillinIN wrote:I have a ton of scrapbook paper, but I have a specific design style in mind, Something kind of sophisticated for a prom layout, but not too fancy. I'm  looking for a red floral in just the right shade and style and coming up empty. I've got quite a few more paper packs to go through, so I'll make something work.

what about Webster's pages?  Do you have any of that hanging about?  I just did a prom layout and eneded up keeping everything neutral and making my own flowers.

I don't have much from Websters pages. I'm not sure why. I love their stuff. I ended up finding a floral that I liked pretty well and some pp and solid black and solid red cardstock.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”