Mini Minc

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Mini Minc

Post by ajkulig »

I know when the first Minc came out, that a lot of people said they would just use a laminator. I have a laminator, but it's huge thing I use mostly for homeschooling. I was thinking the mini minc might be a good purchase to take to crops and stuff. Anyone have one? What do you think?
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Re: Mini Minc

Post by christinec68 »

I would stick with your current laminator.  According to the product description the mini minc is 5-3/4x19-1/2x2-1/2 inch which is larger than the 9.5 inch laminator I bought from amazon for $18 (although it's $22 now).

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

I just got one, in fact the box was delivered yesterday and I am about to open it today. It's not for lamination, it's for foiling. You can print out anything on your laser printer and then run it through the Minc with any of the foils and the foil will bond to were the toner is on the page. I don't understand how you can do that with a laminator.

I'll let you know how it works!

Image Image Image

christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

A laminator works the same was as the Minc in this process.  I can print something on my laser printer, put heat reactive foil* over it, run it through the laminator and voila, the printed parts are now foiled.   

* I tried it with Heidi Swapp foil and another brand I bought online both worked beautifully. 

I wanted to clarfiy that I don't know if I could use the Minc to laninate with those plastic pouches but I can 100% foil with my laminator  
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

christinec68 wrote:A laminator works the same was as the Minc in this process.  I can print something on my laser printer, put heat reactive foil* over it, run it through the laminator and voila, the printed parts are now foiled.   

* I tried it with Heidi Swapp foil and another brand I bought online both worked beautifully. 

I wanted to clarfiy that I don't know if I could use the Minc to laninate with those plastic pouches but I can 100% foil with my laminator  
That is so cool! I didn't know that!

Image Image Image

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

christinec68 wrote:I would stick with your current laminator.  According to the product description the mini minc is 5-3/4x19-1/2x2-1/2 inch which is larger than the 9.5 inch laminator I bought from amazon for $18 (although it's $22 now).

See, mine is an industrial one (like schools use) and it weighs like 35lbs LOL
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Post by christinec68 »

Yea, the minc would be a much easier option. ha! One of my teacher friends uses a model similar to mine so I wasn't thinking of one being as bulky as yours.  
57Diana
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 365

Post by 57Diana »

I have concerns about any laminater.  When I was a Creative Memories Consultant in the 90's, they claimed that laminating materials encapsulating items holds the natural gases inside and destroys the product.  I know as a teacher that some of my older items slowly ruined around the edges, so I would think hard about laminating anything I valued. Just more thoughts before you decide.
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

I have the mini minc and love it. It is super light weight, so would be perfect to take to crops. 
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”