Photo Sleeve Fuse tool....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Photo Sleeve Fuse tool....

Post by need2scrap »

Does anyone have this?  I'm really interested in it to 'close' some of the larger pockets on some of my pages, or to add a little keepsake pocket....  I'd like to know how it works, if you like it, etc.  TIA
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Re: Photo Sleeve Fuse tool....

Post by sdwhru »

Mine came in (finally!) - I tested it Saturday - you know played with it a little bit on some of my rattier page protectors.  It seemed to work very well.  Be sure not to stay to long in one spot as it will melt through and make a hole.  I was able to run it twice quickly to make it stick more.  
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

I have one, but haven't used it yet. Guess I'm not really much help. Image
ImageImageImageImage
need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

sdwhru wrote:Mine came in (finally!) - I tested it Saturday - you know played with it a little bit on some of my rattier page protectors.  It seemed to work very well.  Be sure not to stay to long in one spot as it will melt through and make a hole.  I was able to run it twice quickly to make it stick more.  

Cool thanks!  I have it in my basket, but wanted to hear about some real trials before I bought it.
*** Christi ***

christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

I received mine two weeks ago. I used it to make a little sequin pouch.  I used an old cutting pad to protect the table and scored it pretty deeply with the fusing tool since you know the cutting mat is made of plastic and all. ha!  I found it easier to fuse than to slice which took several passes.  I like that the ruler has anti-slip discs on the bottom which is essential for working with page protectors.  I wish there was an on/off switch.  My power strip is under the table so it is annoying to plug it in to heat it up to fuse, unplug to cool, plug in to heat to slice, unplug to cool. You can use needle nose pliers but digging them out was more trouble than plugging & unplugging. 

ammielou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by ammielou »

Thanks for asking this question, and the answers ladies. I've been debating on getting one also, I have a lot of  souvenir pennies I what to add to pages and those plastic envelopes aren't really what I want. Image
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sdwhru »

christinec68 wrote:I received mine two weeks ago. I used it to make a little sequin pouch.  I used an old cutting pad to protect the table and scored it pretty deeply with the fusing tool since you know the cutting mat is made of plastic and all. ha!  I found it easier to fuse than to slice which took several passes.  I like that the ruler has anti-slip discs on the bottom which is essential for working with page protectors.  I wish there was an on/off switch.  My power strip is under the table so it is annoying to plug it in to heat it up to fuse, unplug to cool, plug in to heat to slice, unplug to cool. You can use needle nose pliers but digging them out was more trouble than plugging & unplugging. 

I have one of the round power plug that can sit on a flat surface on top of my table so I don't have to climb underneath!  Image  One of the best things I ever bought.
ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

OHHH Good question. I had been curious about it as well. 
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

christinec68 wrote:I received mine two weeks ago. I used it to make a little sequin pouch.  I used an old cutting pad to protect the table and scored it pretty deeply with the fusing tool since you know the cutting mat is made of plastic and all. ha!  I found it easier to fuse than to slice which took several passes.  I like that the ruler has anti-slip discs on the bottom which is essential for working with page protectors.  I wish there was an on/off switch.  My power strip is under the table so it is annoying to plug it in to heat it up to fuse, unplug to cool, plug in to heat to slice, unplug to cool. You can use needle nose pliers but digging them out was more trouble than plugging & unplugging. 

I never even thought of an on/off switch.  That will bug me.  I will have to think about where I will house it.  Thanks Christine
*** Christi ***

need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

ammielou wrote:Thanks for asking this question, and the answers ladies. I've been debating on getting one also, I have a lot of  souvenir pennies I what to add to pages and those plastic envelopes aren't really what I want. Image

I know what you mean.  I've scrapped 2 vacations and haven't added things that I would like to, so hoping this would be my answer - the ability to customize a souvenir pocket.
*** Christi ***

need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

sdwhru wrote:

I have one of the round power plug that can sit on a flat surface on top of my table so I don't have to climb underneath!  Image  One of the best things I ever bought.

A round power plug?  I need to look this up...  I have a bunch of 'strips' that I've just always used.  I would like to have something available on my table that doesn't slip off.   Do you know what brand you have or where you got it/how old is it?
*** Christi ***

need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

is this it? 
*** Christi ***

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

need2scrap wrote:Image
is this it? 
Where did you find this - I want one!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sdwhru »

Here is the one I have ladies.  I have two of them actually.  I got mine from Amazon.  If I remember correctly the middle button turns off the power to the thing.  I'm gonna post the link so you can check them out.  Hope this helps ya'll out!  Oh, yeah and the plug in parts swivel, too!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... UTF8&psc=1

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I've been eyeing this tool also. Good reading this.

OH, I like that plug thingy too!
Debbie

Sky_Scrapper
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by Sky_Scrapper »

Love that round power strip!  I just might have to get one of those.  Thanks!
need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

writerlady wrote:
is this it? 

found this at Walmart.com.  I love the other one with the swivel cord!!! 
*** Christi ***

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

need2scrap wrote:
writerlady wrote:
is this it? 

found this at Walmart.com.  I love the other one with the swivel cord!!! 

That is really neato!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

I didn't try mine yet, my sister has it.  But I did talk to Clint about it and he said that it has a tool to reopen the pocket if you need to, and then close it again.  COOL.
need2scrap
Cherry Bing

Post by need2scrap »

sherelm wrote:I didn't try mine yet, my sister has it.  But I did talk to Clint about it and he said that it has a tool to reopen the pocket if you need to, and then close it again.  COOL.

Good thinking Sher - talk to Clint!!!  OMG I feel so stupid.....  Thanks for the info, I really haven't done my research so I didn't know why the knife tip was included, other than to cut the 'extra' plastic once you fused ....  I have no idea.ImageImageImage
*** Christi ***

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”