Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

At a crop and.... {update}
No one is talking to me. I am in a huge room and totally miserable. Even Scrapbooking can't make me happy. Image

Longest 3 hours of my life. But when I came back clutching my lunch bag people asked me where I went--because it wasn't something next to the hotel. Since I live in the area everyone wanted to know where to go. Ice, officially broken. 

I also finished my first project. Sneak peek. 
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: At a crop and....

I have had several horrible days gang up on me and I can't find a Hapy Place either.  ((hugs))
~Sarah~

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

oh I'm so sorry! I hope you find someone near you to talk to. It's no fun to go to a crop and sit by yourself!!

What are you working on? a challenge from ACOT? 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

(((hugs)))  we are with you!

I think its just some people are quiet when they scrap.  Overall I have found scrappers to be some of the friendliest!  Nobody shares their toys or knowledge better than a scrapbooker!  I am one of the quiet srappers, because I work better when I can think.  And I can't  think with noise around me!  But, I would never say no to going to a crop with my friends!  I just have to stop scrapping to chat and I don't get much done at crops, I am there for the excellent company!

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I am so sorry you are miserable.  How long have you been there?  Maybe people will perk up once they get going.

I wish I was there instead of at work.  I'd talk to you for sure!   Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I'm sorry! I am also a quiet scrapper. I do better when scrapping alone. I can not concentrate when people are talking around me.
ImageImage 

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I'm sorry, hope things go better.  Try to enjoy your scrapping!

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

That stinks! I've never scrapped with anyone, but I would totally talk with you if I were there. Please try to smile at the others and find some ladies that aren't with the "cliques".
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

aww, I'm sorry. I hate to be in situations like that. It feels so lonely.
Have you walked around and looked at what other scrappers are working on and tried to start conversations with them?
It seems like everyone likes to talk about what they're working on or share information about a tool or a technique.
They probably aren't excluding you on purpose, they're probably just into what they're doing.
I bet if you reach out they'll open up and welcome you.
Good luck!! I hope things get better and you have a wonderful time!!!
(((Hugs)))
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

jlparkmark

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hang in there! Maybe people will get more social as the day goes on!

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Re: At a crop and.... {update}
Yay!!! And your sneak peek looks great!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

jlparkmark

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yay! Good Girl!!!! Ok ice broken, now start the socializing!!!!

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Yay!! I'm so glad things are better. I've been thinking about you all afternoon!!
I can't wait to see that project you're working on in it's entirety!! That sneak peek looks pretty amazing!!

Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sometimes, when people first arrive, they are quiet because they want to get something done.  Then when they start socializing, the place livens up.  I am glad things are looking brighter now!

It is nice that you can offer assistance to those who are not familiar with the area.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

Just finished my second project. I feel so slow. 
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Image  I am THE slowest scrapper at a crop!! Just ask anyone!! Just go your own pace!! Your pages are looking AWESOME!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

I'm glad to hear the ice has been broken!  I am very slow whether at a crop or at home.  Enjoy the time and don't worry about what you get done :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My heart goes out to you!  I am glad the ice broke though.

Your sneak peak is pure AWESOME!

I am both a quiet scrapper and chatty scrapper....just depends on what I want to accomplish when I go scrap with my friends.  If I want to scrap quietly I set up in the other room at the retreat center.  I can see into the room where all my friends are and I do take breaks to see what others are working on and chat a little or come in and watch a movie with everyone.  LOL....one friend has been working on quilts for the last four months!  Gorgeous, too!

Jenni328

Cherry Picker

I am glad the ice is broken. I hope the rest of the time goes better. If you were near me VA/NC border I could point you in the direction of a wonderful group to crop with :)

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

That looks beautiful! I'm glad that some folks are talking with you. If they didn't, it would totally be their loss.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee