Orders and New Stuff

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Orders and New Stuff

Post by Flasher »

For the second time in 10 days . . . as soon as I press the "Checkout" button, new stuff hits the shop.  I placed an order last Thursday, more stuff came in and I placed another order today.  So what happens?  New stuff goes up today!  Two orders in 10 days and my basket already has a good amount in it already!!

I don't mind, of course.  I just need to learn to pace myself!!!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Re: Orders and New Stuff

Post by DN in MN »

LOL, Laura!  I am on a shopping freeze right now so my wishlist is busting at the seams...can't wait to actually purchase!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

enjoy!!!  ive been on a spending freeze since the beginning of Jan....except for my MME preorder that shipped today  (wasn't a huge order tho) and a couple tiny pre-orders I had done
im on a tight budget and my list of things I want is huge....grrrr
learning some patience..hehe

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

I've been on a spending freeze since my huge Black Friday sale and I'm still working on using that up. BUT, my wish list is growing and growing and I'm just waiting on a GREAT sale to place an order. Really wish we could use more cherry points on a single order too as that shipping is really holding me back lately. Image
Image Image ImageImage
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

I have been just as bad!  I think I have already spent as much $ this year  as I did ALL last year!  I just got an order yesterday - the biggest I have ever placed in one shot, and my basket is already full of over $100 worth of stuff!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

CarrieG wrote:enjoy!!!  ive been on a spending freeze since the beginning of Jan....except for my MME preorder that shipped today  (wasn't a huge order tho) and a couple tiny pre-orders I had done
im on a tight budget and my list of things I want is huge....grrrr
learning some patience..hehe

Carrie I have been on a freeze since January too. The only thing I have gotten is the new MME travel collection and the Tim Holtz distress collection. So far I am OK because there is nothing in the store I want yet.
ImageImage 

christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

I am finally off my freeze from last year!  I placed an order about 3 weeks ago and have things in my basket now.  I'm waiting to see what comes in the next few days, then I'll place the order.  There are a couple of things that were out of stock and I am waiting for notifications for restock.  I am sure they will come in right after I place my order. ha!! 
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

Same here. I had a bunch of the new Little B washi tapes in my cart but they kept going out of stock so I finally placed the order with was was in stock because there were so few of each left (along with other things I had in my basket). After I placed that order the other ones I wanted came in stock but only a few of each came in, so I had to place another order (yes I just HAD to lol). Then I have my Doodlebug preorder I'm waiting on too. And more stuff keeps coming in that I like. Sigh.

Image Image Image

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

DN in MN wrote:LOL, Laura!  I am on a shopping freeze right now so my wishlist is busting at the seams...can't wait to actually purchase!
Mine is too.  Just hope they do not discontinue things before I get it. OK, so obviously it is not all brand new stuff but,  Some of the Christmas Stuff etc. Cannot believe they have already discontinued stuff that seems to have just come out. Ok, I guess maybe it was last August.  
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
jlparkmark
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 94

Post by jlparkmark »

I too am somewhat in a spending freeze, but I have a huge wishlist and actually need to update my wishlist. So many wonderful new things I want. I am actually trying to challenge myself to use up some of my old stuff so that I can buy new, also gives me room for new stuff. Anyway, I opened a box that was still sealed from my move out here three and a half years ago, and I found some of my oldest scrapbooking stuff! Still in sealed packages!!!! Okay, better get to layouts.
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

I need a part-time job to pay for all that's on my wishlist and in my basket!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I've just put myself on a spending freeze.  I purchased two albums last week and that's it for a while.  I need to purchase some tape and then no more for awhile.  I do have a pre-order for G45 I am waiting on.  It's a good thing nothing so far has really spiked my interest.  I'm not liking the colors of what's coming out in the vast majority of lines.  Means I use up stash.

Rig count came out for January last week and I just sunk.  Texas alone cut their rigs in half to just over four hundred rigs working.  That is a huge job losses for the oilfield sector.  And the count is down all across the country and will begin to slowly go down in the Gulf, too.  If it wasn't for one customer who is drilling a deep water well in the Gulf we would be in a real bind.  When they finish that well they have another to drill so it will keep us busy through this year.  There is a buzz that this fall it will probably get better.

You might be delighted by the lower gas prices but it means huge job losses and if it stays down to long it could plunge the economy downward.  Darn Russia then ISIS terrorists and then Saudi Arabia dumping oil on the market.  Saudi did announce last week they would start to pull back their oil which is why price went up Friday.  Believe it or not oil is a commodity and commodities can have wild swings.  Oil has the worse swings.  When price is up for oil it's good for our economy.....I know you might not think so but it is. 
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 116

Post by redsonic20 »

For once in my scrapping (only been at it about 4 years) I'm actually trying to limit myself as best as I can.  The unfortunate part of it for me is that if I don't shop, I tend to not have an interest to actually use the things I already have.  It's great for my bank account, not so much for my memory keeping!  I have a decent sized cart, but since I don't have any more gift certificates and am back to spending completely from my 'allowance', I find it harder to click buy.  Mostly it's because I have been trying to do for others and help with our budget for the baby (not shopping for scrappy stuffs allowed me to pay for the crib for our daughter due around the corner and also get my hubby a really special Christmas gift that was more than double our shopping budget all buy itself).  I think my biggest issue is with shopping right now...I have no real place to put anything.  I am TRYING to prioritize shopping for storage goodies before I start shopping like crazy.

On the upside, I am HOPING to enter into this week's sketch challenge with a collection that I HAD to have last summer and have yet to touch since I don't really scrap during pregnancies.  It's the one layout that I want to get done before the baby arrives as it's a few of her ultrasound pictures.
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”