Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

shastess

Cherry Tart

Anyone else....
impatiently awaiting the Simple Stories planner release? or is it just me?!?!?!?!
*Mommy to Kaden, Blake and Ava*

I blog about Life @ 
http://kraftymama.blogspot.com/

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Anyone else....
I am not excited about it as my husband broke me of being a detail person!

At the same time as the kids got older he realized that sometimes a family has to make plans.

So the calendar is our planner!  Amazing my husband asked for the BG calendar this year after I made the first one for him last year for Christmas!  Since you don't know me well yet we as a couple are buying a cow for us for Christmas and another one or two cows on Valentine's Day!  I have 4 cows that I asked for my Birthday or Mother's Day!  I know that sounds weird but I adore my girls!  About a month or two ago he asked me how I just seemed to know what made a good cow.  I told him I couldn't answer that question.  It's just one of those things I seem to be able to pick out.  He also wants to know how I pick the right bull to a cow.  I tell him I can't explain that either.  LOL...I told him I was disappointed with the calf Erie had by Beau, that I thought it would be a better calf although her calf is in the show string this year.  For two years I have been trying to get a friend to lease me a bull who I think will make the perfect baby for Erie.  This past weekend so disgusted I wouldn't again be able to lease Wendell, I went in search of another bull to AI her to, and settled on a bull that produced one of Erie's maternal half brothers.  One of my girls I treasured beyond measure as she literally taught me it was ok to grow old.  Last summer she passed away.  About six months after Larry purchased her we realized she was deaf and moved her and her calf to the barn pasture where both would be safer.  The two years she spent in that pasture we became great friends!  As far as Frosty aka Momma Cow was concerned I was her best friend!  Her daughter carrying her Mother's name graces our farm and gave us her first calf this year, a bull calf we steered.  She is her mother made over and loves her some scratches!

Can you tell I can plan as I think about what cow needs to be bred to which bull!  Ooooooo.....my husband spent the evening trying to think about which bull to use to flush our Christmas present with.  We will put her into our Donor Cow Herd to get embryos for more top notch babies faster.  I was excited to see her picture for the first time because without even looking at her pedigree I happen to tell Larry she looked just like SS Traveler 6807, one of my favorite Angus sires.  Then I read her pedigree.  Turns out she is a double grandaughter to SS Traveler's sire.  I can't help but love her name, too, Rose.  My favorite flower.

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

killarney_rose wrote:I am not excited about it as my husband broke me of being a detail person!

At the same time as the kids got older he realized that sometimes a family has to make plans.

So the calendar is our planner!  Amazing my husband asked for the BG calendar this year after I made the first one for him last year for Christmas!  Since you don't know me well yet we as a couple are buying a cow for us for Christmas and another one or two cows on Valentine's Day!  I have 4 cows that I asked for my Birthday or Mother's Day!  I know that sounds weird but I adore my girls!  About a month or two ago he asked me how I just seemed to know what made a good cow.  I told him I couldn't answer that question.  It's just one of those things I seem to be able to pick out.  He also wants to know how I pick the right bull to a cow.  I tell him I can't explain that either.  LOL...I told him I was disappointed with the calf Erie had by Beau, that I thought it would be a better calf although her calf is in the show string this year.  For two years I have been trying to get a friend to lease me a bull who I think will make the perfect baby for Erie.  This past weekend so disgusted I wouldn't again be able to lease Wendell, I went in search of another bull to AI her to, and settled on a bull that produced one of Erie's maternal half brothers.  One of my girls I treasured beyond measure as she literally taught me it was ok to grow old.  Last summer she passed away.  About six months after Larry purchased her we realized she was deaf and moved her and her calf to the barn pasture where both would be safer.  The two years she spent in that pasture we became great friends!  As far as Frosty aka Momma Cow was concerned I was her best friend!  Her daughter carrying her Mother's name graces our farm and gave us her first calf this year, a bull calf we steered.  She is her mother made over and loves her some scratches!

Can you tell I can plan as I think about what cow needs to be bred to which bull!  Ooooooo.....my husband spent the evening trying to think about which bull to use to flush our Christmas present with.  We will put her into our Donor Cow Herd to get embryos for more top notch babies faster.  I was excited to see her picture for the first time because without even looking at her pedigree I happen to tell Larry she looked just like SS Traveler 6807, one of my favorite Angus sires.  Then I read her pedigree.  Turns out she is a double grandaughter to SS Traveler's sire.  I can't help but love her name, too, Rose.  My favorite flower.
Kim, I desprately want to come live a day in your life.  Everything sounds so exciting and beautiful.

I don't do well with planners.  The kids are at ages where they have just as many commitments as DH and I do so it works better for us to have a family calendar.  I use a large desk calendar taped to the side of the fridge. When DD graduates this spring and we just have the 10 year old to account for, I may go back to a planner.  I always love SImple Stories though.
~Sarah~

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

I have not seen them  But, I would love to see what you create. . I use a large planner with my vision loss. I cannot use a small planner. Wish I could.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I was curious and had to check it out!! It looks amazing!!  There are so many parts and pieces!! 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

shastess

Cherry Tart

I am STILL waiting on this :( I am so sad! How am I supposed to get it all put together before the start of the New Year?

I blog about Life @ 

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

No, we don't do that much to need a planner.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I have the heidi swapp one I can't wait to use. But I'm a huge simple stories fan so will get some of the accessories to go with the planner for my regular scrapbook.

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

I just read about this;
"Simple Stories informed customers yesterday that its new Life Documented planner and scrapbook collections has been affected by a labor dispute delaying shipments at the ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach, Seattle and Tacoma..."

The full story is here: http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2014/12/ ... r-dispute/
Jeannette

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

jnet wrote:I just read about this;
"Simple Stories informed customers yesterday that its new Life Documented planner and scrapbook collections has been affected by a labor dispute delaying shipments at the ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach, Seattle and Tacoma..."

The dispute is in the second month now.  Then add the problems with trucking shortage and freight just is not moving as fast as it use to.  Shortage of big rigs to move freight is directly due to the regulations of CSA2010 to make it safer on the roads.  Like so many government regulations all it did was increase costs to consumers while not making the roads safer.  There is as much as a two week delay on General Commodity freight.  So if Simple Stories gets their product off the ship they may have yet another delay.

We specialize in moving oilfield freight:  any equipment needed in oilfield drilling and production for land or offshore.  The biggest problem we have with CSA2010 Regulations is getting DOT officers doing roadside inspections to give us the paperwork on a clean inspection.  We need the paperwork by the regulations which is part of the LAW!  Therefore the DOT Certified Police Officers are breaking the law if we do not get clean paperwork.  The worst department in Texas is DPS (our state officers)!  They sure will give us the paperwork if we have a truck with a violation!  And it isn't just our state.

Hopefully the companies in our hobby will realize they need to move up their production dates as the oilfield had to adjust their shipping.  Or send it to a port where it is in a 'Right To Work' state.  But with two week average in delay of shipping on General Commodity freight they still need to adjust shipping times.  We sure make a whole lot more money then we use to because of the regulations.  But we also have more frustrations.  Freight is just one of the issues I see that is contributing to the pressure prices of our hobby to rise.

And if your wondering about gas and diesel going down there is a whole other beast behind that issue which is very detrimental to the world economy.  The rise of Isis in the Middle East is dumping oil through the black market.  Russia's Economy has gone bust and they are dumping oil on the market to try to prop up their economy which does not work.  Too much of a commodity on pushed into the market forces prices down.  The problem with Russia is they have the manufacturing of a third world country trying to mascarade as a Developed Country.  Russia historically also has problems growing enough food to feed their population.  If you look at overall historical price trend we may enjoy cheap gas and diesel for 12 to 18 months but when it starts back up it will settle at a new high.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

We've had issues getting shipments at work also due to that labor dispute.

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sarah, you are welcome anytime!  Actually anyone here is welcome.  I will though tell you summer is not the time to come.  It is hot and the kind of hot you hide in the AC all day!  September to April is our busy season and one would most likely get to see much more activity.  And if we are at work and you would like to join in we will teach you why we do and how we do what needs to be done.

I paint an idealistic picture but at times it is just the opposite.  It is not a lifestyle for the faint of heart.  But those times are far fewer then the idealistic.  We wormed some cattle yesterday and as always I so appreciated the intelligence of our Longhorns!  The few we have with their actual horns know they will be first in and first out so they are right there ready to go.  Let's Getter Done Atitude!  The Lowlines on the other hand......dumb as a box of rocks to use a cliche!  Our Longhorns whether dehorned or not are far less likely to need to be bumped with the hot shot then the Lowlines to enter the squeeze chute.

Guess I need to take pictures of our working pens and squeeze chute so the correct picture of the 'why we do what we do when we do it is presented correctly.  We actually have a great setup and we get glowing praises all the time for ease of use when our vet is out , a new customer, or our embryologist is out!

shastess

Cherry Tart

jnet wrote:I just read about this;

Good to know but I am still bummed! It was supposed to ship 1st of December.

I blog about Life @ 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee