Take an EXTRA 10% off everything with code EXTRA10

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap-A-Day, Oct 30th
Good morning cherries! Another day filled with work and laundry. Bed sheets are clean, bedroom vacuumed and the first load of dog blankets in the wash.

Anyone scrapping today? Me - depends on how my day goes. I never made any cards last night. I seriously had to get going on a Nuts About Sketches layout. Usually I'm about a week ahead. But this time, with DH and mine crazy schedules, I no longer have that lead. So the layout I'm working on is due Sunday. Goes LIVE on Monday. Yikes! And its one of those sketches that are really really different and I'm thinking outside the box too. Spent about 45 mins getting the photo just right. Then had all these ideas. So now its basically laid out. Nothing is glued down. No title or journaling. I want to add stitching so maybe I can at least get that started tonight. DH was on his computer as I was working on it and he said he could actually see my scrappy wheels turning in my head! OMG how funny is that! LOL! That's how crazy intense I was last night, working on the layout. But once its done I know it'll be one of my new faves of mine. The sketch isn't me at all, but with my photo and my supplies, I'm making it work to fit my style.Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Scrap-A-Day, Oct 30th
Your sketch layout sounds awesome. I'm making another card today and I'm giving it to someone tonight so I really should get my act together. I'm moving furniture today because I am bringing my bike inside. It's too cold to ride on the bike trail so I have to find a place to put it up on my trainer stand so I can ride it indoors. I've tried every room like last year and yup it's going in my craft room. Now I'm moving yet again all my stuff around. Thank goodness I have a closet and a pantry to stuff my scrappy things in. It is easier today because I'm also packing for my scrap retreat next week.

I saw some videos on cards so I'm hoping to watch those this weekend. I hate doing cards but I'm forcing myself to so it will become easier. I save a lot of money by not buying store cards. People seem to like my cards, but I like doing layouts more. I can't wait for the November challenges, lol. Sounds silly but it's my highlight every month.

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

[quote="Croppinmama"][/quote]
This is me, too!  Hate making cards and look forward to the new challenges every month.

Brandi, can't wait to see your finished LO. 

I plan to scrap this afternoon.  I'm still working on my sons album but most of my pages are not really share worthy.  I still have some challenges I want to do too.  Hoping to get some done before tomorrow night. 
***Berta***

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Croppinmama wrote:Your sketch layout sounds awesome. I'm making another card today and I'm giving it to someone tonight so I really should get my act together. I'm moving furniture today because I am bringing my bike inside. It's too cold to ride on the bike trail so I have to find a place to put it up on my trainer stand so I can ride it indoors. I've tried every room like last year and yup it's going in my craft room. Now I'm moving yet again all my stuff around. Thank goodness I have a closet and a pantry to stuff my scrappy things in. It is easier today because I'm also packing for my scrap retreat next week.

I saw some videos on cards so I'm hoping to watch those this weekend. I hate doing cards but I'm forcing myself to so it will become easier. I save a lot of money by not buying store cards. People seem to like my cards, but I like doing layouts more. I can't wait for the November challenges, lol. Sounds silly but it's my highlight every month.

Yeah, I used to not be a fan of making cards either. But that's where Pinterest and ACOT comes in! Image I'm getting better I think!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GmaBerta wrote:
Croppinmama wrote:  
This is me, too!  Hate making cards and look forward to the new challenges every month.

Brandi, can't wait to see your finished LO. 

I plan to scrap this afternoon.  I'm still working on my sons album but most of my pages are not really share worthy.  I still have some challenges I want to do too.  Hoping to get some done before tomorrow night. 

Good luck on all the scrappy projects!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Hey Cherries! I'm going to have my nails done in a bit and then I have to stop and pick up a birthday card and a housewarming gift. Then back home to play with paper. I won't be scrapping but I'll be making some cute Halloween things for my grand kiddies. I got some cool cutting files at the Silhouette store to make Halloween boxes and cards so that is on my agenda for this afternoon.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

pawprints wrote:Hey Cherries! I'm going to have my nails done in a bit and then I have to stop and pick up a birthday card and a housewarming gift. Then back home to play with paper. I won't be scrapping but I'll be making some cute Halloween things for my grand kiddies. I got some cool cutting files at the Silhouette store to make Halloween boxes and cards so that is on my agenda for this afternoon.

That is so cool! Have fun and when you're done, don't forget to post! Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Where is the day going?  And, the week for that matter!!??  Been crazy busy, and it just keeps going.  I finally got a LO completed for the Oct. Disney ch., and noticed it would fit the What's on TV challenge.  So I combined.  I had pics and paper set out for that challenge, but I won't be able to finish many more.  We are busy today after school and tomorrow is Halloween!  I'll go to the kids' class parties and then take them trick-or-treating.  Then it will be late, and I probably won't be able to scrap!!  Will see if I can get a couple of cards done, anyway . . .
Kim

Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

average_kim wrote:Where is the day going?  And, the week for that matter!!??  Been crazy busy, and it just keeps going.  I finally got a LO completed for the Oct. Disney ch., and noticed it would fit the What's on TV challenge.  So I combined.  I had pics and paper set out for that challenge, but I won't be able to finish many more.  We are busy today after school and tomorrow is Halloween!  I'll go to the kids' class parties and then take them trick-or-treating.  Then it will be late, and I probably won't be able to scrap!!  Will see if I can get a couple of cards done, anyway . . .

Hey Kim! Don't forget to breathe! Image

Crazy busy week and month, right? OMG year too. I swear it was January just a few weeks ago.

Glad you got to combine 2 challenges. I'm pretty much throwing in the towel for October Challenges being done by tomorrow night. I am still working on an NAS layout that is due Nov 2nd!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I only have 45 minutes or so before I have to get ready for work, so I won't get much done. But I have a few files I need to download so will work on that. Don't think I'll scrap tomorrow...sleep after work, then handing out candy (which I need to buy still lol), then a haunted house with DD and her friend. I'm not thrilled with the haunted house at the moment because tomorrow's high temp is only supposed to be 35 (you know you're from Michigan if you buy your kids' Halloween costumes to fit over a winter coat lol) and I don't like standing in line in the cold. But I know i'll have good time when we get there!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

But I WAS able to post this one! I love being on Sus' CT, but the hard part is waiting to show off her awesome kits!

Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Ayla wrote:I only have 45 minutes or so before I have to get ready for work, so I won't get much done. But I have a few files I need to download so will work on that. Don't think I'll scrap tomorrow...sleep after work, then handing out candy (which I need to buy still lol), then a haunted house with DD and her friend. I'm not thrilled with the haunted house at the moment because tomorrow's high temp is only supposed to be 35 (you know you're from Michigan if you buy your kids' Halloween costumes to fit over a winter coat lol) and I don't like standing in line in the cold. But I know i'll have good time when we get there!

Bbbbrrrrr!!!! Too cold for me!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

No time today for scrapping; I had Silver Sneakers this morning; then we came home, showered and went out for lunch and to pick up some Strawberry balsamic vinegar from my favorite oil and vinegar store Bella Vita. Just got home; will watch the news and head over to a friends Essential Oils party.  Hope everyone is having a nice Halloween Eve.
Image Charlene

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Ayla wrote:But I WAS able to post this one! I love being on Sus' CT, but the hard part is waiting to show off her awesome kits!

Love the gorgeous colors!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

scrapscot wrote:No time today for scrapping; I had Silver Sneakers this morning; then we came home, showered and went out for lunch and to pick up some Strawberry balsamic vinegar from my favorite oil and vinegar store Bella Vita. Just got home; will watch the news and head over to a friends Essential Oils party.  Hope everyone is having a nice Halloween Eve.

Have fun at the party! Sounds like fun!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee