I LOVE the look

Moderator: ACOT Employee

suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

I LOVE the look

Post by suslvgeo »

of these! I mean REALLY love! But I have a hard time with letters that aren't all the same. I mean I can mix and match alphas within a title (different words different alphas) but I struggle hard with the multi ones. Have you guys used alphas like this? If so, care to share here? Image

SUS ImageImageImage
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 116

Re: I LOVE the look

Post by redsonic20 »

They are darling, but my worry is that you won't have the colors you need even if you have the letter when you get to the end of it.  Plus they are harder to coordinate.  I wish they did this look in smaller alphas.  I have the mix and match set from a while back and still haven't used it because the letters themselves are in some instance, multi colored.  Talk about hard to make go!!

There ones want to jump in my cart, though.  The different fonts make it look like they are more than there actually are but I refrained for exactly the reasons I stated.  It will be hard not to get them, though!
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

I have no problem mixing and matching alphas from all different lines and fonts anytime.  Just so long as they are in the same color palette like for instance fall, or primary or pastel etc.  Not sure if that is shabby chic, ransom style or just tacky on my part.  lol
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

You know what?  Those would be perfect for this months 'Graphic Design' challenge.  Image
***Berta***
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1370

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I find these a little intimidating as well. I did this layout and used the colorful letters on a black background, hoping that would make them "go" more with the bright colors of the paper and not be matchy-matchy (because they were not even the same manufacturer as the paper or of the big monogram letters).  I figured the more colors I threw at the paper, the better ROFL!!!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Charleneanne wrote:I have no problem mixing and matching alphas from all different lines and fonts anytime.  Just so long as they are in the same color palette like for instance fall, or primary or pastel etc.  Not sure if that is shabby chic, ransom style or just tacky on my part.  lol
Me too, lol. I gave up on matching letters long ago, when I got fed up with half used alpha sheets all over the place. I'm teaching the kids my random ways too. Image
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:I find these a little intimidating as well. I did this layout and used the colorful letters on a black background, hoping that would make them "go" more with the bright colors of the paper and not be matchy-matchy (because they were not even the same manufacturer as the paper or of the big monogram letters).  I figured the more colors I threw at the paper, the better ROFL!!!

Gorgeous! I love the bright letters on the dark background, too.
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Those alphas are cute, though personally I have a hard time mixing alphas.
 Karrie

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I did a bit here Image
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Sus and Denise - I LOVE THOSE THICKERS, now I want both sets!!!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I love those. The only trouble I have with multi colored alphas is I don't want 2 of the same colored letters side by side. Sometimes that happens especially if I've already used some letters.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

writerlady wrote:I did a bit here Image
I love this page!!! 
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

it makes me feel better that other peeps feel it is hard to use those types of alphas!! Awesome examples! Anymore? I am still sitting on the fence debating to buy?!?! Image
SUS ImageImageImage
Cherry Tart

Post by »

I usually use the mixed color fonts in a single word.  I scrolled through my blog for examples:
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I have a lot of old mini alphas from CM that are mixed colors - I usually tried to pick out all of one color for something, but yeah, you do end up w/uneven stuff left.  But there are ways to get around that... use something different/larger for the first letter, alternate 2 colors throughout the word(s), etc.  Here are some examples I found in my Gallery - this 1st was a title sticker but you can see how they did it & it looks great!

In this one I gave them the same background, though the letters themselves are different colors:

Image Image
xmashall2
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 15

Post by xmashall2 »

Nice use of the letters.
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I was looking through my gallery and only found a couple:

Image  Image Image Image 

And then I found this one (that has nothing to do with multicolored alphas) in my gallery Image
 It's sad that A's is no more ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

I have a lot of alpha sets like that, especially baby themed ones that I used in Maddie's baby album... 

And I have this set that I used in Cider's album...

Image Image Image

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 852

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

I so know how you feel - I am the same way.  I just can;t do different colored letters.  I see it work for some but I'm not one of them.  I'm looking forward to seeing what some people do with this set 'cuz they are cool.
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”