Did you start scrapping with CM?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Re: Did you start scrapping with CM?

Post by Scrap Bug »

I first started scrapping "new style" in 1996 - back when cardstock was only for cards, and my first few pages I actually used construction paper and marker pens I bought at Fred Meyer's - it was a mess so I went searching for something better. At a family reunion my cousin's wife had shown me baby books she made for her kids in a class she took which was pictures cut into shapes and journaling and I thought was so cute, and then my aunt had shown me a little Hawaii trip album she made in a regular 4x6 album, but she put quote stickers and diecuts on some of the photos and it was cute. I thought I would combine the ideas to make pages, not knowing it was actually a trend that was already starting up.

I had moved to a new city and after my fiasco with the construction paper and markers, found Craft Warehouse that had acid free markers for journaling, acid free colored paper (cardstock was still limited only for cards, so only in white and cream colors) and they had bins with diecuts, shape templates and lots of sticker rolls.

Craft Warehouse quickly caught on, and soon was up to date on all the "scrapping" stuff, and my addiction had begun. I went to crops there, and learned a lot. A year later in 1997 our first scrapbook store opened and I was in absolute heaven between the 2.

I'd never heard of CM until late 1999 when I was getting involved in online scrap message boards and kept seeing the initials pop up and finally had to ask what in the world a CM Consultant was. That style of scrapping didn't appeal to me, so I never jumped on board, plus I didn't know anyone local who did CM until much later.
Melissa
Elannah
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 1

Post by Elannah »

I scrapped with construction paper once because it was all faded out and I loved the colour it turned out to be. It was distressed and a perfect Winie the Pooh coloured blue. I haven't found that blue again. It was perfect.

Elannah
Elannah
The Prima Lady!!!
ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 129

Post by ScrapEgypt »

Yes - started with CM. Graduated to other papers/stickers over time, but still used CM albums.
Now doing digi.

But I agree - those first few pages were kinda scary!!!! :waiting:
Cielle

ImageImage Image
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I started with CM for like a month and bought the pages and albums, then cutters. I found lss in my area and online stores. I would buy CM stuff once in awhile but I just loved all the other named brands that were out instead.
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

No, I could not afford CM. But I went to a friend's house and saw her CM scrapping with a group of friends. They told me where a LSS was. I went there and signed up for a beginners class. I got hooked.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

A friend of mines sister was a Cm consultant..and I purchased a few things from her. But the real down ward spiral into the crafting world was the stupid cricut info mercial. I ended up buying myself one at a local craft store on black friday. that was the beginning of the end of my money ;)
ImageImage
Elannah
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 1

Post by Elannah »

I only saw 1 Cricut infomercial and I wasn't that impressed. I don't think they were showing them that often in Canada. They had them for sure but they were on very late at night.

That reminds me of a story!

Elannah
Elannah
The Prima Lady!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”