Creative Memories

Moderator: ACOT Employee

need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Re: Creative Memories

Post by need2scrap »

karensay wrote:I do not use CM products. I love their strap hinge albums, with the thick pages with jeeping on the edges (not sure what the new albums are like).

Last week, I priced a coverset, pages (30) and page protectors (20) and it was going to be $83.00, without tax or shipping. Sadly, once again, I cannot afford CM.

I can't afford the Rolls Royce of albums, just the 10yr old car with 200,000 miles type album.
Their stuff is really pricey - my sil used to sell it and she would let me buy it at her cost. After she quit selling, the new lady got all of my sil's customers so she gave us the same deal. So needless to say, I have a ton of albums, pages and page protectors.

I better get my butt in gear and see if I need to buy up a couple of things.....
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

elisanlily
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by elisanlily »

Here is what is really going on.....

CM has filed bankruptcy this much is true. CTMH did buy out CM Australia. Their production has been put on hold due to the bankruptcy that is why their products are going to the WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. The company goes before a judge in August. They are trying to still be able to produce traditional scrapbook products. If the courts do not allow them to continuing producing products, then the company will reform. They will become a new company with a new name. They are planning to restructure their products. They have specified, but they know that their tools and albums are their biggest sellers.

I was a consultant and still have keep in touch with the company. This is what they are telling the consultants, but most consultants are not informing their customers of the whole truth and that is why alot of them like y'all are so upset.
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Obviously I order tomorrow. At least order enough to get me through August on adhesives! And blades and mat for their new trimmer. Replacement blades for patterns! Ugghhhhh!
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 760

Post by sherelm »

elisanlily wrote:Here is what is really going on.....

CM has filed bankruptcy this much is true. CTMH did buy out CM Australia. Their production has been put on hold due to the bankruptcy that is why their products are going to the WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. The company goes before a judge in August. They are trying to still be able to produce traditional scrapbook products. If the courts do not allow them to continuing producing products, then the company will reform. They will become a new company with a new name. They are planning to restructure their products. They have specified, but they know that their tools and albums are their biggest sellers.

I was a consultant and still have keep in touch with the company. This is what they are telling the consultants, but most consultants are not informing their customers of the whole truth and that is why alot of them like y'all are so upset.
Thanks for the correction - it's nice to know the real truth. It's sad for the consultants - as for the company, I'm not so sad. Never really liked their products, and their attitude (what "we" use is contraband to them - I heard it said so many times at CM crops)
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

sherelm wrote:

Thanks for the correction - it's nice to know the real truth. It's sad for the consultants - as for the company, I'm not so sad. Never really liked their products, and their attitude (what "we" use is contraband to them - I heard it said so many times at CM crops)

Yep, I too have heard this said at the monthly crops that are going on here by a CM Consultant who actually works with DD#1. That is how I was introduced, but I have not invested much into CM. I totally don't like their prices and then when the consultant made the remarks about me using contraband and being a trader, that totally turned me off of the products. I still go to the crops as I like the ladies, but I will not ever buy anything from them. I have to say I did get a few punches and some cutters for circles. But nothing else.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 760

Post by sherelm »

mgehrke wrote:
sherelm wrote:

Yep, I too have heard this said at the monthly crops that are going on here by a CM Consultant who actually works with DD#1. That is how I was introduced, but I have not invested much into CM. I totally don't like their prices and then when the consultant made the remarks about me using contraband and being a trader, that totally turned me off of the products. I still go to the crops as I like the ladies, but I will not ever buy anything from them. I have to say I did get a few punches and some cutters for circles. But nothing else.
Don't worry Mildred, there won't be anything to buy - or a company to buy from soon, I fear.
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

mgehrke wrote:
sherelm wrote:

WOW, no wonder you guys don't like them. Personally, I have never heard any CM Consultant say that so I don't share your feelings from your point of view. I do agree that prices are high, but I really like some of their stuff and will miss them if they go out of business. I am also a consultant at another non scrappy company, and know that most companies want you to do a good job of promoting their products as nbr 1 and all others are inferior, but come on, no consultant should actually say that. Even with the products I sell, I am not 100% that company.(I think you should use what you like as long as you're informed of the differences, then my job is complete!!) :-D :-D
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

harper828
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 16

Post by harper828 »

I started out using CM and I really liked their albums, until I found out they were not true 12 x 12. I still use their adhesive, paper trimmer and corner rounders. It would be nice to be given advance notice so that if loyal customers needed to stock up on anything.
Live, Love and Create
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I'm really surprised CMC's are still referring to 'contraband'! Way back when, maybe 15 years ago when the metal and "lumpy/bumpy" embellishments first hit the market, I know some of us were concerned about what was safe and what would make dents in photos & pages. I was a consultant at that time and that was a somewhat-joking term that we used to easily describe non-CM products. There were some concerns when customers first started using stuff & would promote it to other customers at crops (kind-of like the idea that you don't bring a McDonald's burger into a Burger King), but no one I know ever said that in a derogatory way directly to customers. And then when scrapbooking became so hugely popular it was unavoidable & a lot of us started using other stuff as well. Oh well, I guess like any other group of people there are always some who are inconsiderate!
Image Image
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

I got this email today from my consultant. Sorry if this is already known to every one else. First I'm getting a real "confirmation".

Hi Jillian,
Yes, it's true. Creative Memories is going out of business. They are hoping to re-launch as a new business later this year, but we do not as yet have any details. It's all very heartbreaking. Please read this entire email and also visit my web site www.mycmsite.com/carrieholmes to find more information.
First we'll start with a letter Creative Memories Home Office has posted on consultant websites...
All of us at the Home Office are so grateful for your support and encouragement as we transition out of the current Creative Memories business in order to create a bright new future (which we’re excited to share more about soon).
For now, you may be wondering about the present, and what’s happening with the products you love. Exiting a business is a complicated undertaking, and we’re learning it’s a little bit messy. But here’s what we know for sure:
[blockquote]While Supplies Last Products Most of the Traditional product line is now while supplies last. So if there’s a product you’ve had your eye on, you may want to get it right away. Any products marked WSL that sell out won’t be restocked.
New Products We know it seems odd to offer brand new products when you’re exiting a business, but we had exciting product in our pipeline at the time of our bankruptcy filing in April and we wanted to get it to market to share with you. So there are some really lovely new products for Kids, Celebrate products and more that are all Limited Edition - and are also while supplies last.
“Ooh…that’s back?” Products As you may imagine, we need to start the new business with clean shelves, so you’ll find products like former limited editions and tools that were offered in earlier campaigns. They’re still totally relevant and cute (and yep, are also all while supplies last).
Last Chance Order Products You’ll see some products on the site that have a “Temporarily Unavailable” note on them. These are currently oversold, but we have a fix for that. July 8-31 we’ll open up a “Last Chance” order period. What that means is that we’ll take pre-orders, order the materials and manufacture them so you have as many as you need. This may take a while, but we will guarantee you get the quantities you order. So you may want to take a look at your needs for current and future projects and plan accordingly to take advantage of the Last Chance timeframe.
[/blockquote]
We promise to update this page as we learn more. Thank you, again, for being the best customers in the entire world. We appreciate your kindness and faith very much.
-Creative Memories Home Office.
Here's some more info I have gathered...
LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS: Will only be 12x12 and 8x8 Pages, Protectors, and coversets (but not all colors).You will only be able to order these between July 8th and 31st, and they will munufacture as many as ordered during that time.
DIGITAL: Finish your projects and place your orders as soon as you can (before July 31st is my guess). Also, please visit www.pixels2pages.net RIGHT AWAY and click on thier News link. These Creative Memories Digital Consultants will be able to guide us thru the transition, but you need to be proactive and back up Digital projects, software and art now.
REWARDS CLUB:You have until August 21st to use your credit. If you are not sure how much credit you have, contact me!
- Jillian

elisanlily
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by elisanlily »

FYI.......

REFILL PAGES, PAGE PROTECTORS, AND COVERSETS ARE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST UNTIL JULY 31. They may take longer to ship due to the high demand.
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I got the same email from my consultant. I haven't placed the order yet but will this coming week for pages and protectors. It will be interesting to see what they move to.

If a third bankruptcy occurs I don't think the courts will allow another Chapter 11.
Morris4
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 26

Post by Morris4 »

I haven't done any dealings with CM.
But there are a lot of scrapbook companies struggling and some that have gone under...its sad really.
----------------------------

Blog: http://myordinarylifemorrisway.blogspot.com/

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”