We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Valerie Serfozo

Cherry Blossom

Thanks for the Gallery Clarification
I am one of those that has been referred to as an interruption and annoying by posting design team projects in the gallery. As I read through the posts, I felt really bad when I read the comments that had been posted. I have a tendency to take things personally and don't want to offend others. I have gone into my gallery and removed any reference to a kit club and/or manufacturer. Based on the comments I've read, I felt that was the right thing to do. We have asked our design team to no longer post their design team projects in the gallery.

I admit that I don't leave gallery comments, and I hope no one feels guilty for not leaving comments. I am also not actively supporting an online message forum on a regular basis. It's not that I don't want to be connected - I just don't have time.

But I am not just a person who stopped by here to upload design team layouts. I have been involved here since I began scrapbooking. It was called Stickers Galore when I first began shopping here. I just went to my account and looked at my past purchases which total $2,873.30. I have attended many online crops here. I think this is a wonderful community and an awesome place to learn.

Please don't feel that design team work is something that should intimidate you. I am certainly not overly talented, but I love to scrapbook. I love looking at layouts of every style, including those created by others who are more talented than I. It inspires me and gives me ideas for things I never would have thought of. Even if it's not my style, I enjoy the creative process of others. It's kind of like watching Project Runway, or the Grammys, or flipping through a fashion magazine. I can't afford those clothes, but I sure do like looking at them!

I plan to continue to be a part of A Cherry on Top and hope that everyone continues to be welcomed here.
Valerie

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Thanks for the Gallery Clarification
Very well said, and I hope you do stay around. I see both sides of this issue, but believe we are all here for the same thing. Our love of scrapbooking and preserving memories!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Valerie Serfozo

Cherry Blossom

Yes, we ARE all here for the same thing! I totally agree.
Valerie

Melissa S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hi Valerie, Kristin came on and explained she had asked manufacturers to post in the gallery, which is great - I think it was those posting ten pages at a time, several people doing that at one time, that was frustrating for some who had also posted in the gallery. Kristin has made her position clear, so no worries :)

Glad you are staying around and continue to share your work!

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Hi Valerie! I love seeing your pages and all the others in the gallery. I hope you continue to post your projects. I see you are from Central Ohio. Not to far from me!!
ImageImage 

Valerie Serfozo

Cherry Blossom

Thanks Scrapy1967. It's a small world sometimes. :)
Valerie

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Hey Valerie! I haven't caught up with you in awhile! :)
Image Image ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Welcome, Valerie! Ditto what the others said. Welcome!
Bibi

Valerie Serfozo

Cherry Blossom

Deanna13 wrote:Hey Valerie! I haven't caught up with you in awhile! :)

Hi Deanna. It's so nice to see you. Yes, it's been quite a while. I've been seeing your layouts in the gallery! :) Your DGD sure is growing up.
Valerie

Valerie Serfozo

Cherry Blossom

1grandma wrote:Welcome, Valerie! Ditto what the others said. Welcome!

Thanks Bibi! I really appreciate your kindness.
Valerie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Willow wrote:
1grandma wrote:Welcome, Valerie! Ditto what the others said. Welcome!

Thanks Bibi! I really appreciate your kindness.
Just friendly! lol
Bibi

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Valerie, good to meet you! I've been here for years as well. Your post was kind and I'm sorry if we made hurtful comments. Your work is absolutely gorgeous (but more on the inspiring - and possibly affordable, lol - side than intimidating, IMO)! I don't think anyone minds if people post DT layouts here, as long as you do links to support ACOT's sales (like you have) and don't just advertise for competitors. (I used to be a CM consultant and I remember reading the FAQ and trying to be careful not to 'advertise' myself, lol!) I'm glad you will stick around and I hope to get to know you better.
Image Image

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

Hi Valerie, Thank You for posting. I too understood more about all the gallery submissions after Kristin's post. Please keep posting in the gallery. I enjoy going through everyones submissions.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee