RIBBON GLUE

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

RIBBON GLUE

Post by sherry »

Once again, I have not been on the forum in a good long while- used to get on it daily but my life has turned upside down with sick family members and care etc. It's been crazy, crazy. But I get the best advice on here for my various scrap needs, always. The best tips.

Ok- glue for ribbon- asked this question maybe 2 months ago and got several suggestions. I bought the Making Memories Ribbon Glue and I do like it very much and it does the trick great, but I feel it is expensive for the little bitty tube. Does anyone know if that age old Aileen's Tacky Glue will work? It's a much larger bottle and much cheaper. Appreciate any response. Thank you!!!!
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Re: RIBBON GLUE

Post by Queen Mum »

I just use my ATG. IT works fine.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

I will sometimes run pieces of ribbon through my xyron to make it adhesive.
ImageImage
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

Yes, I've used the Xyron on lighter ribbons, but the heavier lace pieces I've been using lately, that doesn't work. No one uses Aileen's Tacky Glue?
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

I use Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue (green and white bottle) or the Xyron "X" for ribbon -- somehow, I've never been able to get the glue from my ATG to stick to them.

I always think of Tacky Glue as a not-photo-safe craft glue. I just Googled it and found that isn't true, but it just isn't something I think about using. (And I think I do have a bottle of it somewhere.)
~ Katie ~

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

Anything is safe around photos these days - we have strayed so far away from the acid free/lignin free stuff it isn't funny. Do you think metal embellishments won't rust over time? Do you think the fabric won't yellow? I've already had paperclips rust - not the store ones - the scrapbook ones. So the thought now is that as long as you keep the fluff stuff away from your photos - you're good.

Just be sure your photos are adhered with safe glue, and use what you want on the rest of the page. REALLY.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Maybe I don't use that much ribbon, but I love the MM Ribbon Glue & mine seems to be lasting quite a while. :)
Image Image
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

I tend to use Glue Dots for ribbon. The longer the piece...the more I use. If I have it going all the way across the page I probably use 4 dots total.

Glue drives me crazy...cuz it has to dry...I'm FAR too impatient for that jazz. :winkb:
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

Depending on the ribbon, I like glue dots, glue lines, and Xyron or I use my regular Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro when it will stick.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I use Aleens tacky glue for lots of things - it holds really well and you don't need a huge amount - just dot it along very thinly. A bottle will last forever. For sheer ribbons it may show through but it's fine for thicker ones
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”