We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

speaking of new trends...
Lately we've had bird cages, hexagons, banners, hot air balloons, crocheted doilees...
Can you guess the next "new" trend?

OR

Is there a trend you would like to see come back?

This was asked a few years ago and the answers were interesting!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Re: speaking of new trends...
I like brads. All kinds of brads. All colors and styles. I still use them, but they used to be really BIG!
Bibi

cropjester

Cherry Blossom

I would like to see more photos on a page with a focus on story telling. I loved pockets too.
Cropjester- a fool who scraps; newlywed, grandmother and personal assistant to Mike the Pomeranian Prince.

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

Hum...those mustaches seem pretty popular, but I don't get it.I'll have to think about what I'd like to see come back.
Jenny

akgnere

Cherry Blossom

I would like to see rub-ons make a comeback. I used to buy tons of the packages of Making Memories alphas to use for layouts and you can't even find them anymore. I like the look of them.
Annie in Mio
Lover of all things Scrappy
!Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Shabby chic. I loved that look, and now it's more layered than shabby chic.

PS - SICK of hexagons, octagons, and the beehive look. DONE. Sick of it. lol

What would I like the new trend to be? Using more of the page with photos, just like "cropjester" said.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I have seen some designs too overwhelming and the photo(s) - if there are any, get lost amongst all the embellishments! I like to keep the main focus on the photos, that's what we are here for, the rest comes and goes right? trends change :-D
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Crystals seem to have flown the coop and crystal or pearl flourishes not so popular right now. Like the idea that arrows are making a comeback. Love them for boys latouts. Crochet flowers were around when I first started to scrap still have few from back then.

Wish canvas was just a little hotter!

I now cannot live without my Tattered Angels products.

Hexagons are ok but they are on everything it seems. They are getting to be boring! And chevrons need to go away....they do funky things to my eyes.

Someone mentioned rubons!!! I can't live without them!

Better quit typing or I could go on forever and ever!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

beachlover wrote:I have seen some designs too overwhelming and the photo(s) - if there are any, get lost amongst all the embellishments! I like to keep the main focus on the photos, that's what we are here for, the rest comes and goes right? trends change :-D
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

ZELDAdog wrote:Hum...those mustaches seem pretty popular, but I don't get it.I'll have to think about what I'd like to see come back.
I agree, I thought maybe it was just me, I don't get the mustaches at all!!!
ImageImageImageImage

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

I agree with the more photos, less busy pages. I can't scrapbook just one picture, unless that's all I have, I usually don't have that problem though.
ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I never worry about trends. I just do me. ;) I still do many pages with lots of photos. If I did every page in my album with only 1 or 2 photos, my albums would be so big nobody could lift them.

I don't get the mustaches, but I never got the birds, either. Seems like every kit has to have flowers in it, and I'm sure that is one trend that will never leave.

I have no idea what the next big trend will be, but I probably won't participate in it, much, but that's just me!
Laura
 Image    Image         

debamas

Wild Cherry

I like the new that comes out but when it's overdone, where all lines add it, then it's boring. That of course has to do with pp lines. Now for our own trends, I think a lot of us continue to use what we like, weather it's flowers, chipboard, rub-ons...but the market doesn't always keep us supplied. I still like twine, pennents, and flowers. Always looking for something new. As far as the older trends, I feel like I'm still sort of new. I do have a bunch of brads, eyelets and stickers, ribbons from my beginning days. Still love the brads, still use stickers, but the eyelets, I just can't get into.
Debbie

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I am like Laura, I just do what I like and if I can't find it I try to make it myself or buy it in a different form and convert! LOL I have always loved anything sparkly and glittery so I do still like gems and glitter stuff so even if it is not "in" I don't care!!!
Susan

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

suewho372 wrote:I am like Laura, I just do what I like and if I can't find it I try to make it myself or buy it in a different form and convert! LOL I have always loved anything sparkly and glittery so I do still like gems and glitter stuff so even if it is not "in" I don't care!!!

This is exactly how I feel. If I like it, I use it. I use banners a lot because I LOVE using them. Hexagons are not my thing so I don't use then. Chevrons... maybe on a rare occasion but really limited because they are just too busy for me. If I like something I will still use it whether it is a trend or not. And if it is a trend and I don't like using it, I won't. I like to use what I want. Just being me.

ImageImage Image Image  

cort

Cherry Bing

ZELDAdog wrote:Hum...those mustaches seem pretty popular, but I don't get it.I'll have to think about what I'd like to see come back.

wheww i thought i was the only one who didn't get the mustache thing...now i don't feel so bad
ImageImage

cort

Cherry Bing

I tend to go with what catches my eye. I never thought i would ever like using kraft paper..but man i can get hooked on the stuff. Grungy stuff is another trend that I thought I would never get into..but man..set me down with my distress inks and i go nuts.

I would really like to see a larger craft mat (like ranger's mat). that way i could let things dry on one side while still using the other.

I think a 12x12 embossing system would be cool too..probably more expensive then i could ever afford..but i would like to be able to emboss more then just card size.
ImageImage

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I never really got into the hexagon, octagon etc look. Love the shabby chic too.

cherrycupcake wrote:Shabby chic. I loved that look, and now it's more layered than shabby chic.

PS - SICK of hexagons, octagons, and the beehive look. DONE. Sick of it. lol

What would I like the new trend to be? Using more of the page with photos, just like "cropjester" said.

anazelia

Cherry Cola

i love crystals but i feel like I rarely use them. they are just so darn expensive and they are single use. but I do love them.

can't leave without mist, or inks.

killarney_rose wrote:Crystals seem to have flown the coop and crystal or pearl flourishes not so popular right now. Like the idea that arrows are making a comeback. Love them for boys latouts. Crochet flowers were around when I first started to scrap still have few from back then.

Wish canvas was just a little hotter!

I now cannot live without my Tattered Angels products.

Hexagons are ok but they are on everything it seems. They are getting to be boring! And chevrons need to go away....they do funky things to my eyes.

Someone mentioned rubons!!! I can't live without them!

Better quit typing or I could go on forever and ever!

anazelia

Cherry Cola

one thing I have always loved but don't see a lot any more; naked chipboard embellishments. I used to use it on everything and now I just don't see them anymore. would love for that to make a comeback.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee