Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

You asked for it - YOU GOT IT!
Here's the "stunning" layout I did about my niece's Chinese tap dance recital. And then her mother says "That's not a Chinese outfit - it's not even Asian. She was one of the seven dwarfs." OMG The dumbest Snow White Dwarf costume known to man. So I stopped the layout - never embellished or titled or anything and will take it apart. I'll come up with something to do with the beautiful papers and embellishments, and the dumb photos. (I posted in they hybrid gallery, too)

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: You asked for it - YOU GOT IT!
This is gorgeous Sher! And yes, that costume is NOT one of the seven dwarfs. I see asian theme in that li'l girls' costume. I still think its a fabulous layout.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Thanks Brandy. It "WAS" a fabulous layout thanks to that gorgeous paper - but now it's just torn apart - I have the photos, and I will put them away for a very long time. Maybe when she gets married, I'll get over it. Maybe.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

What a beautiful layout Sher! And her outfit looks Asian to me too. I can imagine how frustrated you must be to have done that and then find out the outfit was one of the seven dwarfs. WHAT?

ImageImage Image Image  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Yep, I did it all hybrid, that kit is so pretty, and remembered her photos and there's even a large 8x10 of her in her outfit. I was really upset. I spent a lot of time on it, and a lot of INK printing things out. Asian. I cannot believe it a dwarf. I even made them repeat it - thought I wasn't hearing right - DWARF. I said "Are you KIDDING ME?" I just still can't believe this is a dwarf costume. Hope that dance choreographer doesn't pick costumes any more. (It was about 10 years ago - Alexandra's now 16)

beachlover

Cherry Addict

its such a beautiful LO, great pics and embellishments and all! I am crazy about your colors and the way everything flows so well!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I agree, VERY Asian to me also!!!!! But, me personally, since the LO is so gorgeous, I would keep it just like it is, and perhaps journal the humor in it. It is so perfect together, hate to see you tear it apart!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

OMG that is sad and funny at the same time! I too see an oriental flair to the costume. Nothing in those pics looks like snow white? I think you did a beautiful layout and it's sad to have to take it apart
Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Yeah, I would have NEVER guessed she was a dwarf! But I think your layout was beautiful...so sad you had to take it apart!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

MarZ

Cherry Tart

What a great LO! I too would never have guessed she was a dwarf?!? What a shame...
Margaret

I love to talk about scrapbooking!

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I think that I would have left it as it was and then journaled about how I had thought it was an Asian costume but it actually turned out to be one of the seven drawfs! I think that would have been hilarious!
Bibi

cort

Cherry Bing

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I agree, VERY Asian to me also!!!!! But, me personally, since the LO is so gorgeous, I would keep it just like it is, and perhaps journal the humor in it. It is so perfect together, hate to see you tear it apart!

My thoughts exactly...i would just journal about how what you thought it was it wasn't. the layout is gorgeous...the outfit..well i don't see where they got the 7 dwarfs from...not even close.
ImageImage

debamas

Wild Cherry

I guess it's too late, but I do agree with the ones who suggest keeping it. My thoughts would be to journal how you love her in this costume and it reminds you of a little Asian girl. No need to even say she's a dwarf. The paper fits her pics anyway and you did a beautiful job.
Debbie

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

def looks like an Asian costume...awwwww
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

1grandma wrote:I think that I would have left it as it was and then journaled about how I had thought it was an Asian costume but it actually turned out to be one of the seven drawfs! I think that would have been hilarious!

yep, this is what i was thinking too :) Such a lovely page!!

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I agree with the others, I would have kept it and journaled the story behind the costume. Love the layout and the pictures are adorable.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I think I was so mad when the family DELAYED telling me it was the seven dwarfs, when I said "I'm going to work on Ally's Chinese dance pix's - please shoot me an email with info" and of course FAMILY!!!! - they don't. Grrrrrr. So I can't even look at those photos for a while.

I just walked away from another project - I have mini cover to make - and am STUCK. I know what it should look like, but I'm trying to edit - since less IS more.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee