We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Scrap-A-Day, October 22nd
Good morning cherries! How's everyone's week starting out? Me - its quiet with my Mom at my brother's place taking care of him, and I've been able to work on a report that I started on Friday and its going really well too. So I'm hoping I can finish it today. Anybody have any scrappy plans today? I picked out photos and cropped them to size Saturday evening to start another two page LO for my brother's wedding album, and then yesterday, I picked the background paper and the cardstock. So I'm hoping that I'll have some time today to piece it together.

And you?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Re: Scrap-A-Day, October 22nd
Over the weekend I picked out some papers to go with some photos. Home with DS#2 today (pink eye!) so I just might pull out some of my stash. The craft desk has been collecting dust...same with the random pictures and items on it. Better get those taken care of.

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Good Morning! I have today off from work! I've gotten the kiddos off to school. I've got laundry going and a bunch sorted. I got my front windows of my house decorated...they look like evil red eyes, I can't wait until tonight to see them glow! (I tried to upload a pic but was having loading issues so I will try to show ya'll later) Now I think I probably should go take a shower LOL. Hubby will be home soon, it's his half day today. We got most of the day to ourselves! Besides figuring something out for dinner it's a NO stress day. I think I might even be able to get a little scrapping done later today!!! Oh, and I'm hoping the storm heading this way will miss us...there's hail, and my garage is too full to fit my truck!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

ernstem wrote:Over the weekend I picked out some papers to go with some photos. Home with DS#2 today (pink eye!) so I just might pull out some of my stash. The craft desk has been collecting dust...same with the random pictures and items on it. Better get those taken care of.

Hope you get to scrap today and your son gets to feeling better. Pink eye is no fun!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Good morning Brandy. I think I have a pkg. coming today, that's always a treat! I could not load yesterdays lo's, so I will add them in here now. I have been on a roll lately, hoping to keep it going! I hope you get a chance to play later! :winkb:

ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

txbelle26 wrote:Good Morning! I have today off from work! I've gotten the kiddos off to school. I've got laundry going and a bunch sorted. I got my front windows of my house decorated...they look like evil red eyes, I can't wait until tonight to see them glow! (I tried to upload a pic but was having loading issues so I will try to show ya'll later) Now I think I probably should go take a shower LOL. Hubby will be home soon, it's his half day today. We got most of the day to ourselves! Besides figuring something out for dinner it's a NO stress day. I think I might even be able to get a little scrapping done later today!!! Oh, and I'm hoping the storm heading this way will miss us...there's hail, and my garage is too full to fit my truck!

Looks like you're having a GREAT productive day. Kudos to you! Hope that storm misses y'all!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Good morning Brandy. I think I have a pkg. coming today, that's always a treat! I could not load yesterdays lo's, so I will add them in here now. I have been on a roll lately, hoping to keep it going! I hope you get a chance to play later! :winkb:

I LOVE both of these Susan! Awesome page. Your embellies are so cool and they fit the theme so well. Hope you get to keep on scrappin'!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

IMPORTANT SCRAPBOOK INFORMATION!!! -

BEFORE doing a layout (challenge - the sketch challenge in this case - the two page monthly sketch challenge to be exact) be SURE you know what you are scrapping. If you need a good laugh - here it is. . .
I did this great layout (IMHO) and it was of those photos I mentioned when the Orient digi kit went live - and I bought that digi kit and printed all the elements I wanted out - and then some - and then cut all those photos of my niece in her little black tights and yellow kimono top with a black Chinese hat - and tassel - and put them on the layout. I called them in Los Angeles last night to ask for details (so I could do a title and journal) - got my niece who didn't remember the "tap years" - which is what it was she said. Well my SIL says "No, that wasn't a Chinese outfit, it was the dwarfs, as in Snow White." HUH????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It looks NOTHING like the dwarfs, and I said "What the heck are you drinking?" And she laughed. She said "Not that was the dwarfs." I said "I saw other kids in other costumes that were like from other countries - are you sure?" She said "Yep. They were other storybook characters." So I have this fantastic amount of work dedicated to a page I get to tear apart. And I'm NOT doing any dwarfs about the pictures, because she still looks like Ho Ci Ming or whatever. GEEZE.

I have a lot of scrapbook layouts to post - real ones - when they fix the site, and plan to crop tonight. I have a "go live" crop this weekend, so I want to finish the pre-crop stuff.
(Wondering if there will be an international/Chinese challenge. . . )

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

cherrycupcake wrote:IMPORTANT SCRAPBOOK INFORMATION!!! -

BEFORE doing a layout (challenge - the sketch challenge in this case - the two page monthly sketch challenge to be exact) be SURE you know what you are scrapping. If you need a good laugh - here it is. . .
I did this great layout (IMHO) and it was of those photos I mentioned when the Orient digi kit went live - and I bought that digi kit and printed all the elements I wanted out - and then some - and then cut all those photos of my niece in her little black tights and yellow kimono top with a black Chinese hat - and tassel - and put them on the layout. I called them in Los Angeles last night to ask for details (so I could do a title and journal) - got my niece who didn't remember the "tap years" - which is what it was she said. Well my SIL says "No, that wasn't a Chinese outfit, it was the dwarfs, as in Snow White." HUH????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It looks NOTHING like the dwarfs, and I said "What the heck are you drinking?" And she laughed. She said "Not that was the dwarfs." I said "I saw other kids in other costumes that were like from other countries - are you sure?" She said "Yep. They were other storybook characters." So I have this fantastic amount of work dedicated to a page I get to tear apart. And I'm NOT doing any dwarfs about the pictures, because she still looks like Ho Ci Ming or whatever. GEEZE.

I have a lot of scrapbook layouts to post - real ones - when they fix the site, and plan to crop tonight. I have a "go live" crop this weekend, so I want to finish the pre-crop stuff.
(Wondering if there will be an international/Chinese challenge. . . )

Oh man, Sher, that sucks! But it happens to all of us.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I so wish I were home scrapping right now. I am so bored at work. I don't think I will have time tonight as DH has a dentist appt right after work and I have to take him. Hopefully when I get home they will have the loading problem fixed. I did the sketch challenge yesterday but couldn't upload it. I will for sure get that done tonight.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

@Sharon...you could go ahead with your page and then add what you just told us to the journaling! Totally sounds like something that would happen to me haha. Hoping to see the finished page!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I will show you guys the layout before I rip it apart - but I'm still ripping it apart. And I'm doing that sketch with photos I understand. I REALLY liked that sketch!

Someone here at my office said put on a title "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Chinese version".

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

cherrycupcake wrote:I will show you guys the layout before I rip it apart - but I'm still ripping it apart. And I'm doing that sketch with photos I understand. I REALLY liked that sketch!

Don't rip it up. REMEMBER the FIRST RULE in Scrapbooking: There are NO MISTAKES!!!

BTW, I agree. That sketch is AWESOME!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Wrong Brandy - Snow White never went to see the Emperor of China. She went to see a PRINCE. MISTAKE. lol

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Hey Cherries! Had to go run out for a while and now I'm back. I have laundry in the machines, but other than that I have the rest of the day to myself. Not even cooking dinner tonight, as we have lots of leftovers! I am working on a two page PAPER layout of Maddie's first Halloween. I really needed to eat some paste after spending two straight weeks on the photo book. It is basically ready for final printouts and binding after just a few minor alterations, but not today. Today is paper day lol! I even got an e-mail from my client for a newsletter I have to do, but again, not today! Today I am working on pages for Maddie's album, and I have all the papers and photos picked out, all my Halloween punches pulled, and some of it already set up. It may even go to a second double spread, which is fine because I am so in the mood to work on Halloween layouts!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Good morning Brandy. I think I have a pkg. coming today, that's always a treat! I could not load yesterdays lo's, so I will add them in here now. I have been on a roll lately, hoping to keep it going! I hope you get a chance to play later! :winkb:

These are wonderful Susan! Love how you picked papers and embellies with colors that go so well with the photos on each of the spreads!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

pawprints wrote:Hey Cherries! Had to go run out for a while and now I'm back. I have laundry in the machines, but other than that I have the rest of the day to myself. Not even cooking dinner tonight, as we have lots of leftovers! I am working on a two page PAPER layout of Maddie's first Halloween. I really needed to eat some paste after spending two straight weeks on the photo book. It is basically ready for final printouts and binding after just a few minor alterations, but not today. Today is paper day lol! I even got an e-mail from my client for a newsletter I have to do, but again, not today! Today I am working on pages for Maddie's album, and I have all the papers and photos picked out, all my Halloween punches pulled, and some of it already set up. It may even go to a second double spread, which is fine because I am so in the mood to work on Halloween layouts!

Yay! Good to see you Barb! And double-yay for NO COOKING AND Paper scrapping! Can't wait to see your two pager of Maddie's 1st Halloween. I'm sure it'll awesome AND adorable!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

I may be new, but I'm not skeered to jump right in! :D

I worked this morning...it was a crazy morning too! Then when I left work, I had to make a couple of appointments for my oldest son...dentist and eye doctor. By the time I got done with that, it was time to pick the boys up from school...phew! Now, I'm just chillin' out a bit. Dinner was put in the crockpot this morning, so I don't have to worry about that. It won't be long before it's time to fight the boys to do their homework...UGH.

I've got a zillion (okay, not REALLY a zillion!) pages started that just need titles/embellies/journaling. The titles and journaling are always sooooo hard! I did cut titles on my Cricut yesterday for a couple of them. Maybe I'll go knock out another one before the homework fight begins...
Jenny

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

ZELDAdog wrote:I may be new, but I'm not skeered to jump right in! :D

I worked this morning...it was a crazy morning too! Then when I left work, I had to make a couple of appointments for my oldest son...dentist and eye doctor. By the time I got done with that, it was time to pick the boys up from school...phew! Now, I'm just chillin' out a bit. Dinner was put in the crockpot this morning, so I don't have to worry about that. It won't be long before it's time to fight the boys to do their homework...UGH.

I've got a zillion (okay, not REALLY a zillion!) pages started that just need titles/embellies/journaling. The titles and journaling are always sooooo hard! I did cut titles on my Cricut yesterday for a couple of them. Maybe I'll go knock out another one before the homework fight begins...

I LOVE when I have dinner in the crock pot! It's so great to have it all ready and not have to cook at supper time. I hope you are able to get some of your pages completed!

ImageImage Image Image  

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

ZELDAdog wrote:I may be new, but I'm not skeered to jump right in! :D

Glad you jumped in!!!! At some point, we all did that!!! Welcome, and I hope you get to do some of the challenges, can't wait to see your work!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee