Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

CK magazine skimpy this month
I got my Nov/Dec Creative Keepsake Magazine in and boy it's skinny and very light. I still love them but noticed it was different compared to the past months. Anybody else notice?

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Re: CK magazine skimpy this month
I've noticed the last several months. People were complaining they were thin...they commented that not as many businesses are buying ad space. They went from 12 issues, to 8 and now to 6 without adjusting the price. I get a subscription every Christmas, but this year I asked my mom to hold on it to see how these next few issues pan out. Not sure if I will be ordering. It seems they are on the way out of publication. It took a big turn a few years ago. :?

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I'm not renewing either. After getting screwed on Scrapbook Etc magazine, I'm wary.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I noticed that also, I don't plan on renewing.

love2stamp

Cherry Cropper

I noticed that as well, my subscription is up in jan. Don't know if I will renew or not.
ImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm so mad. I renewed to Scrapbook Etc. for 3 years 2 months before they stopped making it. Now - CK is charging us full price for 1/2 issues, and I am subscribed for 3 years. NO more magazines for this girl. I can't afford to get the "good" ones.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I subscribe to scrapbook trends. They are a little pricey but they only have about 4 pages of adds and the rest is scrappy goodness. They also have sales. Right now they are having a 25% off sale. I have been a subscriber for a couple of years and the number of pages has not changed. I will never subscribe to CK again. I received a free issue a while back and I could not believe how thin it was.
ImageImage 

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I dropped CK a couple of years ago because I didn't think I was getting much new other than product. I just started a subscription to Scrapbooking and Beyond. I love this one. It is pricey, comes out 4 times a year, but well worth it with all the different projects.

Scrapping is not going away, but the market was saturated with vendors and product at one point making it hard for anyone to make a profit. The die hard companies have held on fortunately for us die hard scrappers. Thank goodness for die hard companies like ACOT that can still bring us up to date product and goodies.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

scrapy1967 wrote:I subscribe to scrapbook trends. They are a little pricey but they only have about 4 pages of adds and the rest is scrappy goodness. They also have sales. Right now they are having a 25% off sale. I have been a subscriber for a couple of years and the number of pages has not changed. I will never subscribe to CK again. I received a free issue a while back and I could not believe how thin it was.

I agree I subscribe to scrapbook trends and card trends and love both.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

writerlady wrote:I'm so mad. I renewed to Scrapbook Etc. for 3 years 2 months before they stopped making it. Now - CK is charging us full price for 1/2 issues, and I am subscribed for 3 years. NO more magazines for this girl. I can't afford to get the "good" ones.
They'll refund your remaining money if you complain - they did for me - the Queen of Complaining.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I didn't get a chance to look at my CK yet, but thanks for the heads up! not going to breqak my neck getting to it now! may cancel early, take my refund and try Scrapbooks Etc for something new... ?I haven't seen anything exciting lately in CK myself and I was mad when they cut back on issues but not price, but I let that go. Then, here and there I was not getting an issue. Then I got an issue that was nearly ripped in half. They did send another one. But still... How much can a scrapper take :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Yeah, I got mine on Wednesday and I was done reading thru it yesterday afternoon. And I don't read fast. My subscription is up in April. Not renewing.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapendipity

Cherry Tart

I dropped my ck subscrip years ago. But the trend now sadly seems to be going the way of online digi mags and I'm not happy about it. :( I try to get away from my computer and read a mag in leisure. I don't want and won't read a magazine online. Makes me sad, but what can you do.

MarZ

Cherry Tart

I did not renew when my subscription was up ~ I had renewed for 2 years when it was 8 issues per year & then they went down to 6 & I had to call to make sure I got the 16 issues I paid for. I had to call because they sent me an email that said I would only be getting less than 16. (I forgot how many).
Margaret

I love to talk about scrapbooking!

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Got my copy in the mail on Thursday, sad to let it go, but glad I told my mom to not renew as part of my Christmas gift this year. I'd rather she put the money towards scrappy goodies for me instead. The part that was disappointing was that I was NEVER notified of the issue numbers dropping.....I found out through customers complaining on FB.

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Me too...I heard from other scrappers they cut back. Same with scrapbook etc...I found out from Facebook.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee