Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

cort

Cherry Bing

I made it and so can you!
I'm sure no one else does this..buying supplies because the price is too good to pass up and then letting them sit. :winkb: :winkb:

That has been me with vellum, found great prices on it..bought a few packs of just plain old vellum (8 1/2 X11 and 12X12). Needless to say i never use it..it sits there i don't know what to do with it and i never like anything that i try with it.

That changed today! I have been working on a wedding card and I love all that fancy vellum that the stores have..but lets face it, it's expensive. I was sitting here this morning thinking too bad i can't figure out how to make my own pretty vellum...then it hit me...STICKLE IT!

I taped a piece of grid paper to my non stick mat and laid a piece of vellum over top and taped the corners down as well ( i suggest doing all 4, i did 2 and it started to buckle a little...which doesn't affect it that much)

Then i took my crystal stickles and placed a small dot in every other box on the grid, you can see the boxes thru the vellum so it makes it super easy to do!! Now I have a vellum that looks like that expensive stuff...and I used up some of my supplies.

I'm going to have to try it with all of my stickles colors!
ImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I made it and so can you!
WTG, sounds very pretty!
Laurie

debamas

Wild Cherry

Now aren't you the clever one! Great Idea. I have some plain vellum too, and it just sits there in the bottom drawer. I'll have to give this a try.
Debbie

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

That's a really great idea. I have some vellum that I don't use, too, so I will have to give it a try.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

What a great idea!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!

1grandma

Cherry Addict

That is a clever way to do it. WTG! I also have some vellum from a long time ago. Need to use it. This sounds like something I will try.
Bibi

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

It sounds very pretty and easy. I usually use my vellum to journal with. I just put it in the printer and away I go. Then I use my fun scissors to cut it out with.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Very clever and sounds beautiful! I love those fancy vellum papers, too.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

2boysma

Cherry Berry

Love it! You are brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
Jeanne

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

What a great idea! I bet it looks great!! Sounds like we all have some vellum laying around!

ImageImage Image Image  

cort

Cherry Bing

mgehrke wrote:It sounds very pretty and easy. I usually use my vellum to journal with. I just put it in the printer and away I go. Then I use my fun scissors to cut it out with.

Have you ever had trouble with the vellum smearing? I tried once and i don't know if i was in a hurry or what but it seemed that it just smeared. Any tips or advice would be awesome!
ImageImage

jmo95

Cherry Cola

THat is brillant! :)
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee