what's your favorite cricut cartridge? *UPDATED*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

what's your favorite cricut cartridge? *UPDATED*

Post by megamay »

I saw lots of good black friday deals and I wanna treat myself, but I don't know what to get.

they didn't have a huge selection, but I am really happy with what I got. I got

Art Nouveau - I know I probably won't use it as much as some of the others, but I LOVE art nouveau and I just couldnt pass it up.
Teresa Collins Sophisticated
Free Jubilee for being one of the first 25 people (I think I was the first actually) to buy 2 cartridges.

Sentimentals. - but Im thinking of returning the sentimentals. it wasnt one of the ones on sale for 26.99, it was only 19.99, which I don't know how good of a deal that is. Also, I didn't think about it, but the 30% off coupon wasn't good on Cricut (even though the ad made it look like it was) so I ended up spending more than I hoped. So, feel free to talk me out of returning it ;)
Last edited by megamay on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craftyk
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 38

Re: what's your favorite cricut cartridge?

Post by craftyk »

older cartridge: Happy Haunting

newer cartridge: Paper Lace 2

These are my favorite as of this week... Next week my answer might change. Lol.
3 Pals
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 49

Post by 3 Pals »

Love them all but I just used the Create a Critter (great turkey!) for a project. It was sooo much fun!

Here is a link: http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... ,0,,151619
ImageImage Image
Ann
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

Probably 2 of my most used are Sentimentals (love that it has a bee and beehive) and Storybook...love the font and some other designs. there is another font cartridge that I like that i think is called Cuttin up ( i can't remember off of the top of my head)

My least used cartridge is wild card....i just am never happy with the results from it.

My newest one is Art nouveau....another awesome bee in it (noticing a theme yet ;) ;) ;)) I havent used it yet..but once again i liked the designs in it.

Michaels is doing some kind of special if you buy 2 cartridges you get the jubilee cartridge free (but it's limited to like the first 25 people or something like that)

Imagethis is the bee/hive combo from Sentimentals ( i tried to cut stamps using the cricut material...not sure i'm overwhelmed with them.
Imagethis is the font from story book...

Image I totally forgot about A Childs Year....even though I don't have kids i love these designs and they can be used for all kinds of cards etc.

Happy shopping..and let us know which ones you get!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Old school, I know, but I tend to use Plantin School cartridge the most.
Bibi
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Thats a tough one because there are so many that I like and use alot! I like paper lace and I also use ribbons& rosettes and sentimentals alot!
ImageImage 

kathyau
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by kathyau »

Elegant Edges, Sophisticated & Flower Shoppe, and an older one I use a lot is Graphically Speaking.
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

thanks so much ladies!!!
I hope they have a good selection. Im going to micheals at 4pm today, hoping to get 2 carts and a free jubilee one. wish me luck!
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

Have fun and good luck. Wish I had a micaels near by, the closest one is 5 hours away, don't think I will make there sale. You will have to let us know what you got.
ImageImageImageImage
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

love2stamp wrote:Have fun and good luck. Wish I had a micaels near by, the closest one is 5 hours away, don't think I will make there sale. You will have to let us know what you got.

I will! I wouldn't go if I were you either! lol! I guess it's good to have one nearby, but I would prefer a LSS. I usually don't find anything I want at Micheals or ACMoore.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

So far I've used Storybook the most! Let us know what you get!!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

I love Cindy Loo!

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
megamay
Cherry Cola

Re: what's your favorite cricut cartridge? *UPDATED*

Post by megamay »

I just doubled my number of cricut cartridges :)

I put the list in the first post.
craftyk
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 38

Post by craftyk »

Yay! You got a good deal from what I've seen out there.

Art Nouveau and Teresa Collins Sophisticated are 2 of the carts on my Christmas wishlist! Awesome that you got a free Jubilee!!!

Sentimentals is one of the first carts I bought when I got my Cricut. I love the designs on that cart! I think $19.99 is a good deal for a full cartridge since they usually don't go lower unless you win one for a super great price on ebay.
cort
Cherry Bing

Post by cort »

megamay wrote:I saw lots of good black friday deals and I wanna treat myself, but I don't know what to get.

they didn't have a huge selection, but I am really happy with what I got. I got

Art Nouveau - I know I probably won't use it as much as some of the others, but I LOVE art nouveau and I just couldnt pass it up.
Teresa Collins Sophisticated
Free Jubilee for being one of the first 25 people (I think I was the first actually) to buy 2 cartridges.

Sentimentals. - but Im thinking of returning the sentimentals. it wasnt one of the ones on sale for 26.99, it was only 19.99, which I don't know how good of a deal that is. Also, I didn't think about it, but the 30% off coupon wasn't good on Cricut (even though the ad made it look like it was) so I ended up spending more than I hoped. So, feel free to talk me out of returning it ;)

Well if it's enough to convince you to keep it...I paid around $35 bucks for mine...so i say keep it... :) :) :) Did you go to cricut's site and look at the images on it? that might help you decide. BTW...cricut stuff is always excluded from the sales. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
ImageImage
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

I went in for the deal yesterday I got "sophisticated" and "boys will be boys" plus the free Jubilee I was #11 at my store, I am pretty excited It has been a while since I got a new cart! I didn't even know the TC one was out till I was at M's
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

shayla_rose wrote:I went in for the deal yesterday I got "sophisticated" and "boys will be boys" plus the free Jubilee I was #11 at my store, I am pretty excited It has been a while since I got a new cart! I didn't even know the TC one was out till I was at M's

awesome! I heard good things about the boys will be boys one.

FYI - the art nouveau one - has minimum recommeded cut sizes on most of the items, and the 'ladies' are 8"!!! I was a little disappointed at that. I just cut a 7.5 inch one for my daughter as a test and it worked ok, but Im sure 8 would work better. like they say - lol
cort
Cherry Bing

Post by cort »

megamay wrote:
shayla_rose wrote:I went in for the deal yesterday I got "sophisticated" and "boys will be boys" plus the free Jubilee I was #11 at my store, I am pretty excited It has been a while since I got a new cart! I didn't even know the TC one was out till I was at M's

awesome! I heard good things about the boys will be boys one.

FYI - the art nouveau one - has minimum recommeded cut sizes on most of the items, and the 'ladies' are 8"!!! I was a little disappointed at that. I just cut a 7.5 inch one for my daughter as a test and it worked ok, but Im sure 8 would work better. like they say - lol

I noticed that it has the recommended sizes as well.....however it took me about 20 mins to figure out what it was.LOL little slow sometimes.
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”