Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

What do you pay for a crop?
When you go to a big crop, what do you pay?

Around here just one gal puts on a big crop at a hotel. It starts on Friday about 6pm and goes until 3 on Sunday. You get a half table in a conference room, breakfast for Sat and Sun, a pj party (with cookies and brownies) on Saturday night, water during the day. A goodie bag includes a shirt (with her logo, of course) but not too much else.

You pay for your own meals (lunches and dinners) and your hotel unless you want to go home.

Cost is $165 (early registration) Classes are extra (Usually $24 -$30 a class) I've even had to pay for a make and take - and if I had been told that making the cards would be a dollar each (without an envelope!) I wouldn't have done them.

I think this is way too much.

A bunch of us crop in a rented space for $10 each. We rent the crop room of a small LSS ($75) WE pay $10 each. There is room for 20 people. If we fill the spots we have a raffle for small door prizes with the left over $$$. We all bring a snack and meals are on our own.

I'd ra
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: What do you pay for a crop?
That seems high to me if you're not even getting meals with that (even 1-2 meals a day would make it better, but still questionable).
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

that seems really high to me. I go to one held at a hotel near me (about 30 minutes away). It's about 30-40 for a day (9am-midnight Sat or 9am-6pm Sun) and you get dinner/lunch. If you spend the night the room is on you, but she sets up a discount rate of $75 for a two queen room.

She doesn't offer classes or make and takes, but there is a wonderful massage lady that comes :) That's extra.

eta: We get an 8ft table all to ourselves :)
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

handerful

Cherry Cropper

It varies. I have paid $5 for an evening.

I have gone to all day crops - I think it is about $35 for the day (include lunch and dinner)

I also am pricing a weekend bed an breakfast crop thingy - $200 for Fri 3 pm - Sun 3 pm - includes lodging and 5 meals and snacks.
Image Image
RACHEL

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I've gone to some that have been all over the board - but usually in the same price range of $125 - $175 for the entire weekend, and it includes meals. There is one group of CM consultants that puts on a crop at a local church association camp, so the price also includes the room. Love that one!
Laurie

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

A day crop runs about 35.00 here if it includes food. The lss has one for 10.00 on a Friday afternoon night and that includes salad and pizza...a day crop there runs about 20-25. For a weekend crop, I've paid anywhere from 85.00- 155.00. Teaching a class or two at the crops helps me off set the cost.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We (my LSS) just put a crop on...
$55/day...it was cropping from 9am - 11 pm. You also got a "registeration package" (worth about $15+ goodies), all the kit supplies for 2 classes(no extra charge), 3 make and takes, a door prize package for everyone (another $20+) worth of goodies, coffee, tea, soda drinks, water, and a whole load of goodies; taco dips and chips, cheese and crackers, brownies, etc...lunch and supper are on your own...I think it's a steal of deal, especially with all the goodies you get. Plus her store has cropper specials.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

ncokely

Cherry Cola

The big 3-day weekend I enjoy once a year is next weekend for me. She charges $80.00 total from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon at 3:00. Classes are extra from $15.00-$25.00. She always gives a really good "welcome" gift too.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

There's a local one that they do at a hotel from a Friday to a Sat. and I believe the price is 120. The includes food and your room. I don't believe you have to pay extra for any classes or anything like that.
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

cat1393

Cherry Cola

$159 for the crop...Friday 3pm - Sunday 3pm.
Friday night-dinner included.
Saturday-lunch and dinner included.
Sunday-on our own.
Coffee, tea and water always available. Along w/ popcorn, cookies as snacks (from the Hotel), it alternated.
Make and takes were free.

Then of course the cost of the hotel. I think that was $379, not too sure, this was in August.
They had complimentary breakfasts.
It was cheaper for some of the other girls, since they had room mates. The year that I had, life in general, I didn't want any room mates.

Oh! and I traveled to Ohio for this:) and had a blast. We go yearly:) when its affordable!

Christine

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I am going to one in Wednesday thru Sunday. The crop itself is fri-sun. We stay in a cabin and get a 5 meals and lodging for around $175. We go a couple days early and do our own meals. He charges an extra $25 for the cabin then.
***Tanya***

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I think your price is rather steep. If she was providing hot meals it would be a better deal, but not as it stands.
Bibi

Cherry Bing

I just went to one this weekend..it was catered 2 meals.. from 11am to lil after midnight. plus goodie bags, tons of door prizes for everyone, snacks, sodas, half a table plus hookups... all for 30 dollars..but the lady hosting it is just a regular scrapper who just charges to cover the hotel expense..she doesnt charge for all the catering she orders... although she probably should..

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

I go to one twice a year it's 210.00/ Thursday noon- till Sunday at 5pm. You can crop all night long if you want. Includes dinner on Thursday, 3 meals on friday and sat, 2 meals on sunday. Drinks and snacks all weekend long and also includes the hotel room. Plus some goodies and door prizes. Classes are seperate if you want to take them.
ImageImageImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

It was your post about this that prompted me to ask what others pay.

firemanswife7 wrote:I just went to one this weekend..it was catered 2 meals.. from 11am to lil after midnight. plus goodie bags, tons of door prizes for everyone, snacks, sodas, half a table plus hookups... all for 30 dollars..but the lady hosting it is just a regular scrapper who just charges to cover the hotel expense..she doesnt charge for all the catering she orders... although she probably should..
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I charge $7 for my crops. That is to cover the room I rent and snacks that I provide. That's just a one day crop...9am-10pm on a Saturday. We do potluck type meals for both lunch & dinner (I assign ingredients and I prepare the meal in the kitchen but everyone coming provides the actual food)

For a retreat - which is what I call it when it includes overnight - I charge $90 currently. That includes a table & a bed from 1pm Friday till 1pm Sunday. All meals (dinner Friday till lunch Sunday) and beverages. I usually do at least 2 "classes" and I give everyone a gift just for coming. I don't provide snacks at the retreats though....everyone brings something to share.

I'm a consultant though and try to drive my "profit" thru product sales.

I've been attending LSS retreats the last couple years though because I don't get any scrapping of my own done at my crops/retreats. The one in my hometown I have yet to attend, because she charges $250ish for Thursday afternoon till Sunday afternoon. That's just for a table, some gifts & a few classes. If you want to stay in the hotel, it's extra. I think one meal is provided and the rest is on your own. I've been going to one in a different town (about 2 hours away). She charges $80 or $85. This is a table for Friday at 3pm till Sunday at 3pm and one meal. Hotel is extra and meals are extra. I share a room with my SIL and the whole weekend (excluding shopping) usually costs about $300.

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I go to a scrap retreat every January. The cost is $85.00. It starts on Thursday afternoon and ends on Saturday afternoon. It is a camp site that is used in the summer with different churches for their summer camps. Included for us for the $85.00 is 6 meals, we sleep in the dorm rooms (not the Hyatt) but decent, and 24/7 hours to scrap if we want. There is a big chapel/gym that we fill with 30 - 50 scrappers. We have a blast. Everyone brings snacks, and if you forget something you are pretty much guaranteed that someone else has something that you need. You can scrap as long as you want (all night). Last year my dd and I did not go to bed until 3 am Saturday morning. We got alot done. Most scrappers bring some of their old stash to donate for door prizes when we play games. We also vote on best layouts etc. Can't wait for this January to get here.
 Image ImageImage

megamay

Cherry Cola

I JUST signed up for one in a hotel near here

you get 2 nights in a hotel room (double occupancy), an 8ft crop space, and all your meals including snacks (and the food is GOOD) for $270

so yeah I think that $165 for just the crop space and breakfast is a little crazy.

Cherry Jubilee

That's pretty high. I've put on day crop on several ocassions and I've charged $30 one year and $35 for the two other years. That gets you a goody bag, snacks and beverages all day and dinner (soup, rolls, dessert) in the evening. That crop goes from 10 am - 10 pm.

I've also organized 4 weekend crops that go from Friday afternoon - Sunday afternoon. The cost for that has ranged from $125 - $200, and includes dinner Friday & Saturday, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday, lunch Saturday and Sunday, and snacks / beverages all weekend, plus accomodations at the hotel/lodge that we stay at, AND a goody bag.

Also at both types of crops we've done make and takes, games (bingo) and door prize drawings. All at no additional cost to the participants.

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I think price is relative to where you are.

Here is one local crop- it does not include hotel in the rates. You have to book your room separately- at 69 a night, which is really really cheap. It does include food.

Our 2011 dates are here! We're really looking forward to some great things happening in the next year!
$225 for the weekend.

Crop Hours

The 3-day events run from noon Friday to 3pm Sunday. As much as we would love to allow you to linger late, our contract with the hotel does not allow it.

Table Space & Seating

Each Attendee will have 6x3 feet of table space for their use.
We provide for three day crops:
  • all day simple beverage service
  • Friday Dinner 6:00-7:30pm
  • Friday Dessert Buffet 8:30pm
  • Saturday Continental Breakfast
  • Saturday Lunch 12:30-1:30
  • Saturday Dinner 6:00-7:30pm
  • Ice Cream Bar! 8:30pm
  • Sunday Brunch 8am-12pm
I took all this from their website.

And another one around here which is much cheaper- but again does not include your room. And it does not appear to include a meal on Friday.

THREE DAY CROP - $167.00
Friday Crop Only - $55.00 includes: cropping space,reception and snacks
(3pm - 7am Saturday morning)

Saturday Crop Only - $65.00 includes: cropping space, 3 meals and snacks
(7am - 7am Sunday Morning)

Sunday Crop Only - $55.00 includes: cropping space, 2 meals and snacks
(7am - 4:00pm)

WALK-INS (3-days) - $175.00 (space permitting)
(7am - 4:00pm)

Deposits to Reserve Your Seat is $75.00

Event Features
6ft Cropping Space per Attendee
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Saturday
Breakfast & Lunch on Sunday
Beverage Breaks
Great Door Prizes Each Day
Massage Therapist
Outstanding Vendors
Electrical Outlets
Wireless Internet
Complimentary Parking

Now I go to a crop with Megamy that is 3 pm Friday til Sunday all meals included and it includes two nights in a hotel, for 250 or so.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee