We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

Need new cutter
I really need to buy a new cutter that will do 12". Right now I have a creative memories one and ever blade that I have gotten cuts for a few good cuts and then starts leaving jagged edges. I'm so frustrated with it. Even when I get replacement blades they do the same thing.

What cutter do you use???
Firegems

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Need new cutter
I highly recommend the Fiskars SureCut Deluxe 12" Trimmer. I totally love it. I've used several trimmer types/brands and this is the best one I've ever owned. I also have the really big one.

Clint Bremer

ACOT Employee

We have had a lot of people comment on this one: http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/compan ... 20Memories

We have them in stock. I guess it's a good deal for everything that comes with it.
Clint Bremer - General Manager
Image     Image     Image

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have.....
  • Making Memories one that is the rotary cutter...loved it but then used it to cut too many pieces of paper at one time and bent the rotary blade...can't get replacement
  • The Cutterpede by EK with the rotary cutter blade...Love it, but don't like the fact that I have to open the arm for more than 4 inches....and I can't do precise cut
  • The Provo Craft (green one) but for some reason...I have the same issues you are having with the blades...new or not ...jagged edges, torn look.
  • And....I have a Fiskers on hold at the LSS! I am buying the titanium blade as well, as I hear it's awesome.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Making Memories. The only problem is that I've used it so much that I'm wearing the markings off.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I've been through several and I find this one indestructibleImage EK Success Cutterpede.

I just bought a 2nd one on ebay and got their little one with it for around $20! brand new -

I was afraid they would be hard to find so I wanted a stand by. It's that good

It comes in a mint greenish color or the pink. You can buy decorative edge blades that just slip right in the channel if you want as well.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I use a plain Fiskars one that meets all my cutting needs. I have had about five years and have replaced the blade about three times, but I don't cut as much as some of you. I just bought another one for traveling so I can keep a travel box packed and one at home.
Bibi

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Queen Mum wrote:Making Memories. The only problem is that I've used it so much that I'm wearing the markings off.
Me, too! I do love that new one posted by Clint! I might have to upgrade to that one soon.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I will check them all out.
I used the Fiskars one before but find it does not cut straight all the time. That was one thing I did like about the Creative memories one.

I will check the others out soon for sure.
Firegems

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I have a Fiskars Sure cut, and I LOVE the line that helps me make sure my cut is straight!!!!Image
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee