Unfinished layouts

Moderator: ACOT Employee

dreamsofnyssa
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Unfinished layouts

Post by dreamsofnyssa »

I am used to having unfinished layouts sitting around but I didn't realize just how bad it really was until I opened a pizza-sized box that was still packed from our move a couple of years ago. I never opened it because I thought it contained finished pages. What a surprise to find that it only contained a total of maybe 2 finished pages and the rest are all in various stages of completion. Some pages are so old that my style of scrapping has changed.

So here's my question. What do you do with layouts that are unfinished? Do you finish them in the style in which they were started or do you just "scrap" them and start over?
Stefani *Ü*
My Blog: Dreams Of Nyssa

mkmnurse
Cherry Tart

Re: Unfinished layouts

Post by mkmnurse »

I have the same issue. I have unfinished layouts from 2 years ago. I am planning on doing them in the same way I originally started them but I may add new embellishments that fits the layout. :-D
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Depends on the layout! I have revisited it again...and tried to complete it...If it's something that I really don't like, I'll peel off what I want to keep, and throw it away. I try to complete my layouts so this doesn't happen very often to me. I think it's from a friend who wants to redo every one of her layouts, and that is so frustrating watching her do, so now....I make sure that it's done!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

I don't have any unfinished layouts. Once I start one it done right away.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I have a lot of unfinished LOs, too. I put them in whatever album I am working on, then come across it later. Very frustrating! I need to keep them is different albums so that I do not show off work that is unfinished. Well, last week I challenged myself to find one, and complete it. I did! It felt wonderful to get the job done. Now, to finish a few more or at least get them all in one spot.
Bibi
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3731

Post by blbabe1234 »

evilqueen wrote:I don't have any unfinished layouts. Once I start one it done right away.

Ditto!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

blbabe1234 wrote:
evilqueen wrote:I don't have any unfinished layouts. Once I start one it done right away.

Ditto!

ditto
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

The only unfinished ones I have are from crops, where you are given kits to create. I just need to add some pictures j
Laurie

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I pretty much try to finish my layouts within a week or 2. I may leave some journaling for later. I would just try to finish them or if you have duplicates of the pictures, just start new ones. :)
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

I have a few like this too...they sit on a shelf in the closet and sit and sit...lol

My bigger problem seems to be putting my finished layouts into their albums. I have over 250 layouts from the past couple of years just waiting!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”