Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Re: DIY Cabochon Flowers
JanetM wrote: I enjoy making things too but if ACOT sells soemthing close to it I would rather support my favorite scrap book store than direct people away from here.

That's great if you can afford to do that. I don't have the money just buy whatever I want whenever I want. So if I can make something similar, than that's what I'm going to do. However, I always show something similar here in the shoppe. ;)
Chrissy

megamay

Cherry Cola

JanetM wrote: I enjoy making things too but if ACOT sells soemthing close to it I would rather support my favorite scrap book store than direct people away from here.

most people that I know - like me - have a certain budget for scrappy stuff. if I spend less on one item, I will end up spending more on something else. besides if I sit down and take the time to make 100 clay flowers in a variety of colors, then Im going to have to go buy even MORE paper to make the scrapbook pages so I can USE all my creations. so in the end, all my money ends up going to ACOT anyway.

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

With all the ways ACOT gives us to save money from points, free shipping or money off, the cherry/coin hunting and even our CT incentives its really not that bad to purchase the adorable Sugar Blooms @4.99. With the glittery tops and the beautiful tones and colors the come in they are so perfect for fall coming up for girls or boys. You get 10 of them per pack so they really only add up to 50 cents each. That's really not that pricey, and it supports our wonderful store that we all Love. :)

megamay

Cherry Cola

milmomma wrote:With all the ways ACOT gives us to save money from points, free shipping or money off, the cherry/coin hunting and even our CT incentives its really not that bad to purchase the adorable Sugar Blooms @4.99. With the glittery tops and the beautiful tones and colors the come in they are so perfect for fall coming up for girls or boys. You get 10 of them per pack so they really only add up to 50 cents each. That's really not that pricey, and it supports our wonderful store that we all Love. :)

guess I shouldnt have spent $50 on mistables yesterday, because then I could buy those $4.99 flowers

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Cute flowers! Great tutorial Jess!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

Tinkeringjo

Cherry Tart

i may, or may not of accidently purchased some of these molds today :winkb: *whistles*. im such a sucker for prettiness.

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Tinkeringjo wrote:i may, or may not of accidently purchased some of these molds today :winkb: *whistles*. im such a sucker for prettiness.
I may or may not have stopped at just flowers. But, really, I wouldn't know for sure.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Tinkeringjo

Cherry Tart

hehehe... That is honestly the first thing crafty ive bought for myself in over a year... i used to be a good girl.

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Those are adorable!

I can't leave a message from work. I will comment this weekend. :-)
Image Image
RACHEL

handerful

Cherry Cropper

happayscrappay wrote:
Tinkeringjo wrote:i may, or may not of accidently purchased some of these molds today :winkb: *whistles*. im such a sucker for prettiness.
I may or may not have stopped at just flowers. But, really, I wouldn't know for sure.

When will we start seeing the evidence???
Image Image
RACHEL

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

I like that we can buy stuff here at acot if we are instantly wanting something, but I also love that some are talented enough (NOT me :? ) to be able to take it to the next level and make their own colors and styles!! and then share it with us!!
SUS ImageImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

suslvgeo wrote:I like that we can buy stuff here at acot if we are instantly wanting something, but I also love that some are talented enough (NOT me :? ) to be able to take it to the next level and make their own colors and styles!! and then share it with us!!

I so agree. And, can I just say that I really think some of these comments have gotten a little catty? We all have budgets and times are tough for some of us. Jess was just sharing another way to enjoy our craft...in the end, it all costs something. Nothing is being taken away from ACOT by her posting this - but from some of these posts, it seems like some of you are getting a little too argumentative about it all.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Back to the flowers - Handmade or not - They look pretty, but how much bulk to they actually add to a page?? Much more than a button?
Image Image
RACHEL

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

handerful wrote:Back to the flowers - Handmade or not - They look pretty, but how much bulk to they actually add to a page?? Much more than a button?

The Prima ones that I have are a little taller than a button - like maybe 2 or 3 buttons.

But, some of the Prima flowers (not like these cabochon flowers) are just as big
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee