Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

jessinmich

Sweet Cherry Pie

going on a scrapbook weekend..
I havn't been to many scrapbook weekend retreats, so I need some help. I am going and have limited space for supplies, so what is the things you would take along? I am very lucky and have a scrapbox workbox, so everything is in there, but i can't take that along...lol.

I was wondering if most people just put pictures with paper and other supplies, or how they do it.. Last time I matched up pictures with swaps, but because it doesn't seem like anyones doing that anymore and i'm out of them...that isn't going to be an option.
~Jessica~

I am a collector of scrapbook supplies in hopes someday i'll have time to use them....

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: going on a scrapbook weekend..
I wish I could help you, but I've never been to weekend scrap. Have fun!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I always try to focus on one or two projects and pack those first.
Like one time I was concentrating on a fall album and took my pics with fall collors of embellishments, paper, etc.

In my yearly November weekend get-away, I always try to concentrate on Christmas gifts, so I just pack the things I need to complete those.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

jessinmich

Sweet Cherry Pie

Great idea Nancy! I have my things sorted by season, event so that should work wonderfully.
~Jessica~

I am a collector of scrapbook supplies in hopes someday i'll have time to use them....

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yep, what she said! ;) Preplan your pages & if possible do several on one theme so you can use one 'set' of supplies for more than one page. Take plenty of adhesive and a spill-proof drink bottle! Some people have those little white wire shelves you use in a cupboard so they can stack stuff in limited table space. Layer clothing (our space was freezing yesterday!). And scratch paper &/or Post-Its, so you can make notes if you do forget something & want to add to a page later, for example.
Image Image

gncntry96

Cherry Blossom

I have only been on one, but I found that I did well with making some kits...pics, papers, embellies, all in a 12x12 ziploc bag per layout. I took extra cardstock, pp, alphas (although there was a cricut there we could use), pictures, and extra embellies, but I had a plan for a bunch of pages. Took a lot of time on the front end, but I was super productive there!

Take more adhesive than you think you'll need. I scrap from sketches, so I took a bunch of those in a binder. I took my Sew Easy; I hadn't had a chance to play with it until I got there.

Don't forget your trimmer, cutting mat, scissors, pens, pencil (I never seem to need one, except when I was there). I ended up finishing a couple layouts when I got home, because I didn't have something I thought I needed for them, but I got a lot done...I think about 20 pages over 2 days. That's a ton for me!

Have a great time!
Rachel

Image Image

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use to literally move in. With the last weekend crop I went to happened to be with the Texas ACOT Ladies in Jan. I packed my tote and shoulder bag which fits on top of my tote. I then had a 14 inch harvest basket which had my embellishments to go with the pictures and papers I had chosen in kits. I also brought my Revolution in case I wanted it, but ended up just leaving it in the car. I have a notebook of sketches I can take. letumon had an even better idea. She had the punch out cards of sketches from the Page Maps book. Much smaller then a notebook. I've purchased one just for that reason....lol now I need Page Maps 2. I usually do 6-10 layouts in a weekend when we are sleeping where we are scraping.

I think gncntry96 hit the nail on the head with the upfront work along with all the tools she listed will have you set. And don't forget lots of adhesive!

Have fun, you get loads of ideas along with having a grand time!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I've never been to a weekend crop, so I don't have anything to add beyond....I'm jealous!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

aceason

Cherry Bing

I usually get those Iris 12X12 boxes and organize a project with paper, photos, and embellishments and a sketch for each page and seperate each of these projects with a sheet of cardboard. I can usually fit about five projects in a case and bring enough cases for how long I plan to scrap. I like the preplanning because then I can focus on chatting and visiting and I don't have to think too much about what I'm going to scrap since it's already planned. That way I also know what tools to take too.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

PezKat wrote:Yep, what she said! ;) Preplan your pages & if possible do several on one theme so you can use one 'set' of supplies for more than one page. Take plenty of adhesive and a spill-proof drink bottle! Some people have those little white wire shelves you use in a cupboard so they can stack stuff in limited table space. Layer clothing (our space was freezing yesterday!). And scratch paper &/or Post-Its, so you can make notes if you do forget something & want to add to a page later, for example.

I always over-pack, even on day trips so this is great advise. Or if you have some mini albums/kits floating around that you plan to get to 'eventually', this may be a good time to get em done!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

HeatherDMB

Cherry Blossom

Don't forget about the personal stuff too, especially if you're staying overnight!
  • sweater
  • medication
  • tylenol (crop rooms can get stuffy)
  • pillow to sit on or support your back if the chairs are hard
  • sleeping stuff like your own pillow
  • snacks ;)
  • music you like to scrap to
And as for other scrapping stuff, consider:
  • small task light (like an OTT light)
  • extension cord
  • cricut cartridges & mats (if someone is bringing a cricut, or bring yours)
  • other cutting machine & accessories
  • trimmer!! (forgot mine once and the whole crop was ruined)
  • workspace mat
I TOTALLY vote for the kits. You will be able to get lots done when you have your planning done ahead of time. Also, during the planning, if you realize you need a particular item (like a certain shade of red cardstock) you have a chance to get it before you go. You can also take the tools you will need, and not a lot of extra. By doing kits, I am usually able to do about 17 pages on a Friday 10AM - Saturday 4PM crop. :inlove:

The tables can be small and pretty crowded (at least at the crops I go to!) so it helps to have everything pretty compact - less time spent moving things around and more time spent scrapping!

Have a great time. :)

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I overpack.

But if you are taking your car remember you can always leave things in it!

I try to pack certain sets of picks that strike my fancy and then all the paper and embellies I have to go with it. Coordinating plain cardstock too. That way helps me not overpack and try to stay focused.

Then I pack 1 or 2 random sets of pics in case I am just not feeling the other things I"ve packed.

I also make sure to take a couple magazines in case I need inspiration.

I've seen women bring their laptops.

I just try to bring everything that might go with what I want to work on. THen standard go to type tools, like my adhesives, dots, glue, buttons, markers, scissors and all my cutters.

If you do the cricut thing you might want to bring a mat, blade, and some fav cartridges because these days I notice someone always has a cricut with them and they usually let people use it.

Also a couple of your favorite drinks because I found that they didn't have diet coke at the one I went to and I really missed it after a few days.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee